Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Wheres all the positive poster???

Come on then as after the Ipswich match ''Wheres all the negative posters?'' Wheres the postive posters now?

Are we still unlucky? Is Delia still the saviour? Is Roeder still the magician?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Come on then as after the Ipswich match ''Wheres all the negative posters?'' Wheres the postive posters now?

[/quote]

I really dislike this kind of thread, positive or negative, its just divides fellow fans.

Try reading the rest of the forum mate. We''re on there, doing our best to stem the tide of negativity and inconsistency in our feelow fans views.

Unlucky? We clearly have been this season, though i can''t remember ever reading anyone say it''s the only reason we''re doing badly.

Saviour? Again, i can''t remember ever reading this, just seeing a few of us who think she''s done a lot for the club over the years. She''s trying to sell up, what more do you want?

Magician? Another you''ve conjured up out of somewhere. The man is clearly tactically inept, but he''s probably the best we can do with our current budget (see above). That said, i would like to see someone else get a chance, i just don''t think it''s financially viable at the moment.

I can''t particularly see what there is to be overly negative from about today''s game.  The formation was a bit odd, and there are perhaps questions to ask, but no one with much sense expected us to get anything from it yet we came rather close to doing so...so was it so wrong?   The 8th penalty that we''ve given away this season saw to it that we wouldn''t get anything, and it sounded a little dodgy in itself so you can hardly legislate for that.  I just can''t quite believe we have managed to give that number away - I don''t remember us giving more than half a dozen away in an entire season in all the time I''ve supported City (which now stretches 25+ years), yet we have managed it in half a season this time out. 

So, no, I am not going to harp on all negatively as there isn''t really any point.   We lost a match we all expected to lose.  Get over it. 

What counts is that we keep our form - which sounded ok today - and surely the results will come, particularly against the lesser sides of which we have several coming up at home. 

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]Just carry on dreaming about Father Xmas and Alex Ferguson

I started the aforementioned thread (''Where are the negative posters?''), and I am sorry that you felt this to be divisive Wiz. However my thread was intended as a call for unity in celebration at victory over the scum as I had seen very few posts from people who, for lack of a better term, I described as negative posters. I have never implied that Delia is the saviour, nor Roeder a magician, but I still feel that the team should be given time to produce a run of results under Roeder. Also, whilst I am not apathetic with regards the investment situation at the club, I choose to believe that Delia and the board will get out when suitable replacements are found, and I appreciate the passion they have shown over the years. The result today was another disappointing one, but by all accounts we dominated them in the first half, with clinicality in front of goal the main reason for our failings, as well as yet another penalty. I am frustrated but remain a positive poster.

These kind of threads are disliked when we are doing poorly!

Everybody and their dog wanted to post after the scum match! Where are they now? Now reality has slapped us in the face and we are back to our ''same old''!

Everytime we get 3 points or extend Lita''s loan by 28 days or hear the rumour of ''money available'' everything appears to be ok and the gullable lot we are believe it!

Or maybe it''s a Saturday evening and most people have better things to do than post on the Pinkun website, with it''s boringly predicatable posts.

I, unfortunately, am not one of them this weekend! ;o)

A friend who is a Reading supporter went to the game and he thought you were unlucky to lose the game and said you played well throughout.  He would have been happy to settle for a draw, he says.  He hadn''t seen you this season and commented: "I''m surprised they are not further up the League.  They gave us a better game today than some other teams this season."

He was in the wrong place to see the penalty incident so can''t comment on whether it was clear cut or iffy.

Branston Pickle wrote:

I can''t particularly see what there is to be overly negative from about today''s game.  The formation was a bit oddI''ll say it was bloody odd, how the hell can ANY manager, Roeder or otherwise, in any league in this country, play without a recognised striker, it is just courting with danger, and we are in enough trouble already......

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I can''t particularly see what there is to be overly negative from about today''s game.  The formation was a bit odd, and there are perhaps questions to ask, but no one with much sense expected us to get anything from it yet we came rather close to doing so...so was it so wrong?   The 8th penalty that we''ve given away this season saw to it that we wouldn''t get anything, and it sounded a little dodgy in itself so you can hardly legislate for that.  I just can''t quite believe we have managed to give that number away - I don''t remember us giving more than half a dozen away in an entire season in all the time I''ve supported City (which now stretches 25+ years), yet we have managed it in half a season this time out. 

So, no, I am not going to harp on all negatively as there isn''t really any point.   We lost a match we all expected to lose.  Get over it. 

What counts is that we keep our form - which sounded ok today - and surely the results will come, particularly against the lesser sides of which we have several coming up at home. 

[/quote]

Well said that man, you talk sense [Y]

I thought we countered the threat from Reading very well until Cort came on. We surrendered football for long ball and its the fisst time this week we''ve got it wrong.

But, its what most of you seem to want..... enjoy

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

A friend who is a Reading supporter went to the game and he thought you were unlucky to lose the game and said you played well throughout.  He would have been happy to settle for a draw, he says.  He hadn''t seen you this season and commented: "I''m surprised they are not further up the League.  They gave us a better game today than some other teams this season."

He was in the wrong place to see the penalty incident so can''t comment on whether it was clear cut or iffy.

[/quote]

sorry, we must be the world''s unluckiest team then. unlucky at Watford, unlucky at Reading etc etc. you can be unlucky in one match, but over a season you make your own luck. we are 20th and staring relegation in the face because we deserve to be there. And the reason we''re there is because the Board have tried to run us on the cheap. Col Utd went down for the same reason, you sold your best players and didn''t reinvest in the team. and we will be with you next season because that''s exactly what we are doing.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

sorry, we must be the world''s unluckiest team then. unlucky at Watford, unlucky at Reading etc etc. you can be unlucky in one match, but over a season you make your own luck. we are 20th and staring relegation in the face because we deserve to be there. And the reason we''re there is because the Board have tried to run us on the cheap. Col Utd went down for the same reason, you sold your best players and didn''t reinvest in the team. and we will be with you next season because that''s exactly what we are doing.

[/quote]

I wasn''t at the game.  I''m just saying what he said.

If you are unfortunate enough to be relegated then you''ll have to put up with it like every other club that suffers it.

There was a time when I recall our games v Norwich in the Third Division South - were you about then?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you are unfortunate enough to be relegated then you''ll have to put up with it like every other club that suffers it.

There was a time when I recall our games v Norwich in the Third Division South - were you about then?

[/quote]

Yes, but our journeys since the late 50s have been entirely different.

And that''s the real point, isn''t it?[:D]

After all, as my Gorleston granny used to say, what you''ve not had you''ll not miss young ''Bly''.

[:P]

OTBC

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

I really dislike this kind of thread, positive or negative, its just divides fellow fans.

[/quote]And this is why i respect Wiz, regardless of which way the wind blows, hes still a fan like everyone else.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Cam, not that long in the tooth. My first ever game was a certain Col Utd beating Rochdale 5 - 0 in an FA Cup replay, followed by Col Utd 3 Leeds Utd 2. That''s before my wicked parents forced a relocation from Essex to Suffolk, followed by my Dad''s defection to Ipswich Town. Naturally as a rebellious teenager I had no choice but to opt for the yellow and green. Earlier than that it was strictly East Perth Aussie Rules due to being located in Western Oz.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:D] Pot and kettle come to mind here [:D]