Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Big reshuffle needed in January

It''s been a pretty hard season so far but we''ve managed to keep our heads just about above water. Still, if we''re to continue that, I think a big reshuffle come January will be required.

Stefanovic looks to be out for the season, Kennedy looks to be returning to Celtic in January especially if he''s now done his knee in again and Chelsea apparently want Bertrand back (according to Roeder at the recent meeting at Banham). Archibald-Henville might as well stay at Spurs. That leaves the defence exceptionally threadbare, and in need ideally of another left back and three center halves.

Our midfield is okay (although ideally I''d prefer a creative midfielder, but funds are better spent elsewhere) but our strike force is totally lacklustre. Lita has been great, but looks odds on to return to Reading. Sibierski, Lupoli and Koroma I''d allow to leave tomorrow if we could and Cureton has - as suspected - done nothing at Barnsley. Let him go permenantly. So who would that leave us with? Cort? And that''s about it.

We need to get the replacements in quickly and get a settled side. We need results and while I think our midfield can provide the ammo, we are failing in all other areas of the pitch.

Good luck to Glenn Roeder in getting it sorted. I wouldn''t want to be in his shoes.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

It''s been a pretty hard season so far but we''ve managed to keep our heads just about above water. Still, if we''re to continue that, I think a big reshuffle come January will be required.

Stefanovic looks to be out for the season, Kennedy looks to be returning to Celtic in January especially if he''s now done his knee in again and Chelsea apparently want Bertrand back (according to Roeder at the recent meeting at Banham). Archibald-Henville might as well stay at Spurs. That leaves the defence exceptionally threadbare, and in need ideally of another left back and three center halves.

Our midfield is okay (although ideally I''d prefer a creative midfielder, but funds are better spent elsewhere) but our strike force is totally lacklustre. Lita has been great, but looks odds on to return to Reading. Sibierski, Lupoli and Koroma I''d allow to leave tomorrow if we could and Cureton has - as suspected - done nothing at Barnsley. Let him go permenantly. So who would that leave us with? Cort? And that''s about it.

We need to get the replacements in quickly and get a settled side. We need results and while I think our midfield can provide the ammo, we are failing in all other areas of the pitch.

Good luck to Glenn Roeder in getting it sorted. I wouldn''t want to be in his shoes.

[/quote]I agree with most of that although I think Roeder is playing games with the Bertrand situation and should we re-loan him in January he will hail what a brilliant job he has done to keep him here.I wouldn''t want to be in Roeder''s shoes either but I am afraid that he and the club are reaping what they sowed in the summer.........  very little.  I just can''t beleive that yet again we are going into the January window with more major squad building to do.  Will we never learn?  A settled squad (the majority at least) should have been assembled in the summer window because January is the time to add to your squad not, as you say, have a major re-shuffle.  We will no doubt again be looking for loans to bolster the squad and that fills me with fear because to be frank, Roeder''s record with loans is getting worse and worse.  Last season Evans, Bertand, Taylor and Camara were inspired signings and this season Omosuzi and Lita have worked out but for whatever reason the rest have mainly been a let down and a waste of money.