Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Love him or hate him a question about Roeder for you all

[quote user="The Prisoner"].Vicious in a snidy way yes, hard? No.[/quote]

I assure you he''s hard. Anyone from Cork is hard.

Maybe not as smart as some, a foolishly quick temper and way too much pride that breeds his arrogance, but I''d have him on my crew down the pub every time.

If I had one. :o)

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

If Roeder was given the funds,could he get us to the Premier League? 

[/quote]

He would certainly get us good players and assemble a very strong looking team, but would they get enough points on the board? Maybe after a few seasons of trying, although I still think that the playoffs would be our only route to the Prem as I can''t see us ever finding the consistency like Wolves/Birmingham can to be a top two side.

If only Roy Keane would come here!

[/quote]

You really wouldn''t want to know what Roy thinks (privately) about fans.  You really wouldn''t.

[/quote]

Come on, Camul-toe, tell the truth for once!
[/quote]

Okay, I don''t think you have the resources to be a Premier League club in the current set up.

[/quote]

PS: Mr Keane thinks that many football supporters are "not very bright and mostly couldn''t hold their place in a park side but they always seem to know what someone else should do.  Actually most of them are ******* thicker than the walls of Newcastle Cathedral."

That is not suggesting, of course, that this could possibly apply to Norwich City or it''s two Cathedrals. 

He did distinguish between "many" "most" and "all".

[/quote]

The day I believe a jounalist from the star, who famously has run the advert " Shannon Mathhews talks-our exclusive" only to find out it was merely she had spoke to the police and not the star at all.

2nd i would be careful what you say cam, unless you want to be sued.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]I honestly don''t think he would. I believe he would achieve brief success over a short period, but ultimately would lose the dressing room and thus performances nosedive.[/quote]

Just like Worthington then...

and I assume from your userid you are a Worthington fan....? So why Worthington and not Roeder ?

Roeder has far better credenials, contacts and respect in the game than Worthington ever did

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]If I was given enough I could get us to the premiership ![/quote]

Ok then for the smart arses out there,if he was given the same to spend as the Reading,Birmingham,Wolves and Ipswich managers would he build a team to get promoted?

[/quote]

We won''t really know until Reading,Birmingham, Wolves or Ipswich  take him off our hands (PLEASE !)

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

He has no man-management skills and is tactically inept so no amount of money would put that right
[/quote]

What that man said.
[/quote]

Thirded..........

Mark .Y.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

He has no man-management skills and is tactically inept so no amount of money would put that right
[/quote]

Oh right!!! You''ve worked with him and sat in on one of his training sessions.

Nuff said then.

He has made wise signings thus far, so yes I believe he could.

Worthy didnt have much to splash with but he got us into the Prem.

However I feel this thread is drifting off like our dreams of the Premiership...!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

He would certainly get us good players and assemble a very strong looking team, but would they get enough points on the board? Maybe after a few seasons of trying, although I still think that the playoffs would be our only route to the Prem as I can''t see us ever finding the consistency like Wolves/Birmingham can to be a top two side.

If only Roy Keane would come here!

[/quote]

You really wouldn''t want to know what Roy thinks (privately) about fans.  You really wouldn''t.

[/quote]

Come on, Camul-toe, tell the truth for once![/quote]

Okay, I don''t think you have the resources to be a Premier League club in the current set up.

[/quote]

PS: Mr Keane thinks that many football supporters are "not very bright and mostly couldn''t hold their place in a park side but they always seem to know what someone else should do.  Actually most of them are ******* thicker than the walls of Newcastle Cathedral."

That is not suggesting, of course, that this could possibly apply to Norwich City or it''s two Cathedrals. 

He did distinguish between "many" "most" and "all".

[/quote]If we were honest with ourselves though....he is right.

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

I''d argue agianst that point. However what I''d really like to show is how much Roeder has had to work with. I''ve used the Flown from the Nest website to quickly see how much Worthington spent in his first year and this is what it comes up with, kind of shows why Glenn hasn''t done as well.

Holt 100k

Drury 500k

Rivers 700K

Emblem 500K

Easton 200K

Abbey 350K

Crichton 150K

I make that to be 2.5M from Mar 01 to Sept 01. That would be a huge sum to us now.

Worthy took charge in Dec 00 and spent 2.5M in 9 months.

Roeder spent probably between 1.5M to 2M on Pattison, Bell, Stefanovic & Hoolahan.

Given that it''s 7 years later it shows what he''s up against.

Not that the usual morons will understand this.

What percentage of wages do you think we''re paying the following players?:Leroy LitaJohn Kennedy Antoine SibierskiArturo LupoliRyan BertrandElliot Omozusi Omar Koroma

[quote user="shyster"]What percentage of wages do you think we''re paying the following players?:

Leroy Lita
John Kennedy
Antoine Sibierski
Arturo Lupoli
Ryan Bertrand
Elliot Omozusi
Omar Koroma
[/quote]

15% ;)

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

I''d argue agianst that point. However what I''d really like to show is how much Roeder has had to work with. I''ve used the Flown from the Nest website to quickly see how much Worthington spent in his first year and this is what it comes up with, kind of shows why Glenn hasn''t done as well.

Holt 100k

Drury 500k

Rivers 700K

Emblem 500K

Easton 200K

Abbey 350K

Crichton 150K

I make that to be 2.5M from Mar 01 to Sept 01. That would be a huge sum to us now.

Worthy took charge in Dec 00 and spent 2.5M in 9 months.

Roeder spent probably between 1.5M to 2M on Pattison, Bell, Stefanovic & Hoolahan.

Given that it''s 7 years later it shows what he''s up against.

Not that the usual morons will understand this.

[/quote]

I thought, and I may well be wrong, that they were something like:

Pattison 500-700

Bell 400

Hoolahan 250

Stefanovic Free

Thats about 1.2m from my calculations.

However, is it likely Norwich will be given the money to go for Lita, like they were given the money to go for Hucks, or was that mainly because Norwich were in a much better position at the time when Hucks was available on a permanent deal?

Is he doing enough with the money he already has ?

There''s around ten clubs spending more money on wages and salaries for team and backroom staff  than Norwich.

So the fact that we are 21st and not 11th says alot about Roeder''s (in)ability.