Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Love him or hate him a question about Roeder for you all

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

If Roeder was given the funds,could he get us to the Premier League? 

[/quote]

He would certainly get us good players and assemble a very strong looking team, but would they get enough points on the board? Maybe after a few seasons of trying, although I still think that the playoffs would be our only route to the Prem as I can''t see us ever finding the consistency like Wolves/Birmingham can to be a top two side.

If only Roy Keane would come here!

[/quote]

Doesn''t really work like that. If Roeder was given the funds that Mark Hughes has been given at Man City then yes, eventually he would. But so would any football manager!

If he was given a respectable amount and no more, then no, I don''t believe he would.

i do wonder that if he had any money he would sign the same players we have now(ie loan players) only full time. i think we would be around the same position

[quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

He would certainly get us good players and assemble a very strong looking team, but would they get enough points on the board? Maybe after a few seasons of trying, although I still think that the playoffs would be our only route to the Prem as I can''t see us ever finding the consistency like Wolves/Birmingham can to be a top two side.

[/quote]

Heaven Forbid Roy Keane coming here - if you think Roeder is irrational, Keane''s far worse!!

I agree that it would take Roeder years to assemble a promotion winning team, I think he''s more of a troubleshooter (saved us from relegation) than a finisher

[/quote]He has no man-management skills and is tactically inept so no amount of money would put that right

I honestly don''t think he would. I believe he would achieve brief success over a short period, but ultimately would lose the dressing room and thus performances nosedive.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]He has no man-management skills and is tactically inept so no amount of money would put that right[/quote]

What that man said.

No, i honestly believe he wouldnt. With no funds he has attracted decent players but cannot make them play or in Lupoli''s cas wont play him at all!

[quote user="swindoncanary"]If I was given enough I could get us to the premiership ![/quote]

No seriously you wouldn''t.Your choice of avatar tells me that.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]If I was given enough I could get us to the premiership ![/quote]

Ok then for the smart arses out there,if he was given the same to spend as the Reading,Birmingham,Wolves and Ipswich managers would he build a team to get promoted?

[quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You really wouldn''t want to know what Roy thinks (privately) about fans.  You really wouldn''t.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You really wouldn''t want to know what Roy thinks (privately) about fans.  You really wouldn''t.

[/quote]

Come on, Camul-toe, tell the truth for once!

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fugg off cameltoe......

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s not so private Cam. I''ve heard Keane interviews at least four times this season already when, referring to the fans he said, "If they don''t like it then stuff them" and variations along those lines.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, I don''t think you have the resources to be a Premier League club in the current set up.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, I don''t think you have the resources to be a Premier League club in the current set up.

[/quote]

PS: Mr Keane thinks that many football supporters are "not very bright and mostly couldn''t hold their place in a park side but they always seem to know what someone else should do.  Actually most of them are ******* thicker than the walls of Newcastle Cathedral."

That is not suggesting, of course, that this could possibly apply to Norwich City or it''s two Cathedrals. 

He did distinguish between "many" "most" and "all".

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="venta icenorum"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on, Camul-toe, tell the truth for once![/quote]

[/quote]

PS: Mr Keane thinks that many football supporters are "not very bright and mostly couldn''t hold their place in a park side but they always seem to know what someone else should do.  Actually most of them are ******* thicker than the walls of Newcastle Cathedral."

That is not suggesting, of course, that this could possibly apply to Norwich City or it''s two Cathedrals. 

He did distinguish between "many" "most" and "all".

[/quote]I wont be quite so coy in telling you I think Roy Keane is a class A Nob, and wasn''t a particularly good footballer but one who traded an entire career on a ''Hard man'' reputation, thing is I firmly believe he only actually scared those who weren''t aware that anorexia isn''t contagious.Vicious in a snidy way yes, hard? No.

Just compare his current performance to other Championship managers in a similar financial position. That tells me that there are too many other managers around who will always keep their sides above him.  He appears tactically inept, a poor man manager and seems to have little idea of his best team.  He only seems to get his selection right when injuries and suspensions dictate who he can pick. 

I believe he will leave Norwich (hopefully sooner rather than later) without dignity and as the most despised manager we have ever had.   He is fortunate that he is managing Norwich at a time of low expectation and when the board are rightly taking the flack for their lack of ideas and leadership. 

A more pertinant question is whether given the funds he can keep us in the Championship for a second time.

[/quote]

No, i don''t think he could because Roeder would be too stubborn to go for some bigger name players and would instead buy some player out of league 1 that gets about 5 goals a season instead of a young championhip striker that gets about 15 a season. PLus the fact he would still play Fotheringham even though i do not think he is up to championship standard. We would probably blow the money on a new hotel or a new bar anyway lol

Come on you yellows !!!

if you had asked this 6 months ago i''d of said yes..... not so sure now... he''d probably sign a load of promising kids and last chancers, not sure they''d have the quality...

also, his tactical decisions are puzzling, his arrogance will be his down fall.

jas :)