Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

"A turn of the fortunes before too long..."

I think we''ve heard this # times this season.... Oh my god!

"We are just not doing our job well enough" That''s what Rodent and his boys should be saying. If your 2-0 up with 7 minutes to go, a controversial penalty doesn''t have to matter.

I think we''ve conceded the most spotkicks in our league this season, they can''t all be wrong decisions...

Do something Rodent, resign and piss off!

What good would he leaving do we need to build with what we''ve got and support even if we sacked Roeder who would we get ? and do we need another year to 18 months of rebuilding?

[quote user="Stone Cold"]What good would he leaving do we need to build with what we''ve got and support even if we sacked Roeder who would we get ? and do we need another year to 18 months of rebuilding?[/quote]

Rebuilding?

How many players bugger off in January then?[:|]

Wiz, have you got out of bed the wrong side this morning - you seem a little eggy?

I must admit though reading the headline articles this morning it is frankly the same old tosh rehashed yet again - "we are unlucky", "one lucky break all that''s needed", "this squad is good enough to be higher up the table" etc.  At some point it would be nice to see a consistent run of performances like the one against Ipswich and hopefully that would necessitate less instances of the need for players to be wheeled out to recite the mantra.

I have been saying this all season, the players should stop waffleing to the press and let the boots do the talking, the Scum result means nothing now, 1 STEP FORWARD 3 BACK. they are payed to play football not to talk to press, We are not interested in reading excuses, or a false promise.   

Mick Dennis amused me on Waghorn''s site:

"Glenn Roeder has transformed the quality of the squad. It is unrecognizable from the job lot of pedestrian Scots he inherited and it includes several real players. It is good enough to make Reading look ordinary."

"Some of the approach play is the best I''ve seen from any team in the Championship for many seasons..."

Different planet methinks. Still, nice to know we have some ''real'' players.

[quote user="Grando"]Mick Dennis amused me on Waghorn''s site: "Glenn Roeder has transformed the quality of the squad. It is unrecognizable from the job lot of pedestrian Scots he inherited and it includes several real players. It is good enough to make Reading look ordinary." "Some of the approach play is the best I''ve seen from any team in the Championship for many seasons..." Different planet methinks. Still, nice to know we have some ''real'' players.[/quote]

What a tragic thing to say..........was he Nero in a former life?

[quote user="Grando"]Mick Dennis amused me on Waghorn''s site: "Glenn Roeder has transformed the quality of the squad. It is unrecognizable from the job lot of pedestrian Scots he inherited and it includes several real players. It is good enough to make Reading look ordinary." "Some of the approach play is the best I''ve seen from any team in the Championship for many seasons..." Different planet methinks. Still, nice to know we have some ''real'' players.[/quote]

He has a point if you ask me. We are playing some very good stuff at the moment. i''m no Glen apologist as i think he''s a bit of a an a**e and he has made some bad selection decisions but we do now have a team of technically good players who are IMHO not far away from being a very good side. That said I do accept its a results business and the results are not good enough! Not sure a new manager would do any better though with the resources available.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

I have been saying this all season, the players should stop waffleing to the press and let the boots do the talking, the Scum result means nothing now, 1 STEP FORWARD 3 BACK. they are payed to play football not to talk to press, We are not interested in reading excuses, or a false promise.   

[/quote]

To be pedantic about it, it''s actually one step forward and two back.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The reporters have a list of standard phrases for each occassion on their computers and can then put what players name in the article who happens to be the flavour of the day.

Must be as nobody seems to check.

Saturdays EDP had Wes suffering from a midfield bug, very painful I would have thought!

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]The squad Peter Grant assembled couldn''t do that kind of fancy footwork...