Sign in to follow this  
nobbyg

Thanks Hucks

Ah, straight from the horses mouth - there was no rift. Did we ever doubt it?
I didn''t.

This damned pesky internet is a haven for gossip and rumour...........and that is why we all spend our lives on here.

This is a wake up to all of us who waste our time with baseless heresay. Apart from Carl Cort that is - now that was quite entertaining.

I never thought there was a rift hence I don''t think you''ll find any comments from me on those threads. (Sorry if that sounds a bit self-righteous, I promise it wasn''t meant to be...I am just glad this has been cleared up like you, Nobby G). I think Worthy and Hucks seem to have great mutual respect - if you watch their communiaction and body language it''s there for all to see.
Of all Hucks'' comments I am most encouraged that he seems to want a longer deal here and is therefore suggesting that he''s in it for the long haul, even if the worst case scenario happens come May next year. It does suggest someone who feels at ease and is positive about life in different ways, and this will hopefully be very good for the team as well. Also of particular note is the empathy he shows for those who won''t feature as much as they did last season, after all, he''s been there, got the mug and T-shirt, etc., etc. We will feel their absence just as much, and he can rest assured that they won''t be forgotten in any way, shape or form by all of us!

Moral of the story is that the players get to hear the rumours and positive or negative vibe from message boards etc, therefore like in the stands we need to stay positive!

The world really is going mad.

I''m pretty sure the whole rift saga started on WOTB, which seems to be at least half filled with binners on a wind-up. That then got reported on here and has now spread to the paper itself, and to Hucks.

So congratulations to the binner who started the whole thing, although no actual damage has been done (if anything it tends to strengthen existing bonds).

D''oh!

I also liked: "Of the team that won us the league, five or six of them might hardly get a game. From their point of view it''s probably not that great but that''s football, and you''ve just got to deal with it."

Them.

So he thinks he''s going to feature then. Which he is, of course! But most players go on and on about not taking their place for granted, even if they are clearly the best choice in that position...!

As this is my first, and last, thoughts on this subject, can I just say how easy some of you bite the bullet.

Also it would appear that players just might be reading these boards. If that is the case, thanks for coming to club Darren, you''re a true City hero my friend.

Now ram those stupid critics words right down the throats!.

Well said Wizard, wise words as usual, cant wait to celebrate his first goal in the PREMIERSHIP.

Was very glad to see this in todays EDP. I had been concerned that there was a rift but it appears to be all rumour. Hucks will be so very very influential next year we can''t afford to lose him for a second. I have put the Huck in all my dream teams I''m taking part in and I''m sure he won''t disappoint!

Keep the faith

If a rumour starts on a football message board, the chances of it being true are pretty miniscule.
We''ve all seen the sort of thing: "My dad knows a bloke who used to work with a bloke who used to clean the bogs at FCR and he reckons......"
Yeah right.

I actually saw Nigel and Hucks holding hands and whispering sweet nothings to each other, whilst they sat in the dug-out together on Sunday evening after the Club open-day! Honest!..... Well OK, I didn''t!.... but I''ve seen them exchange words in front of 23,500 fans at Carra Rud, and I can Lip-read, and Nige said to Hucks.... Well OK, I can''t lip-read! in fact, I''m Huck''s Chaffinch?... Choux bun?...Chaucer?... Well alright, I drive him around a lot...a bit...maybe sometimes?... No, sorry, to be perfectly honest, I''m a compulsive liar and I just want to be accepted by society! And if society won''t accept me, I will command my 10 thousand strong urban gorilla army, to invade the Club shops and pillage all their contents! and where will you all be then? eh?!!!......Well anyway, I will be at the game on Saturday, as I''m the Referee.....and If you are all nice to me, I just might let you win!....Allegedly.... ;~)