Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink Un Pickers

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You''re not too late Maccy D. All selections are valid up to kick off time[Y]

[/quote]

Sorry, i''m very very late this week as i promised lots of people there tiling would be done before xmas and in reality there is more chance of them meeting Moses.

If its still ok i''d like to go for?

Chelsea v Wet Sham  -  Home win

One out again. Never mind, that''s a bit of a sickener, just what I needed after we let in two goals towards the end at Reading (felt like a long ol'' journey back...)Still it was good fun regardless. Maybe next week eh?

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]If a game is postponed do I lose my winning run or is it just treated as void and I pick up where I left off next week?[/quote]

Yes P''boro your run is still on,  its as if you never made a selection this week, I fell victim as well as my selection was the same as yours. I suppose we must expect that now at this time of the year, I must remember that in the future.

Now Ncfc90 we would have won if Leeds had done the business, the bet becomes a line of 5 and not 6, the payout would have been pegged back a bit but it would have been a win, exactly the same as P''boro''s winning week. So its hard luck again Graham just the one wrong yet again, Billy Dixon has somehow managed to beat us again, well I hope he doesn''t get too complacent, perhaps he doesn''t know who he is up against next week, I am sure the smile would slide from his face if he knew we were throwing in the magnificent Devon against him, I am looking forward to it. So its onwards and upwards as the famous Free Bet rolls onto next week....[Y]..arrdee

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]If a game is postponed do I lose my winning run or is it just treated as void and I pick up where I left off next week?[/quote]

Yes P''boro your run is still on,  its as if you never made a selection this week, I fell victim as well as my selection was the same as yours. I suppose we must expect that now at this time of the year, I must remember that in the future.

Now Ncfc90 we would have won if Leeds had done the business, the bet becomes a line of 5 and not 6, the payout would have been pegged back a bit but it would have been a win, exactly the same as P''boro''s winning week. So its hard luck again Graham just the one wrong yet again, Billy Dixon has somehow managed to beat us again, well I hope he doesn''t get too complacent, perhaps he doesn''t know who he is up against next week, I am sure the smile would slide from his face if he knew we were throwing in the magnificent Devon against him, I am looking forward to it. So its onwards and upwards as the famous Free Bet rolls onto next week....[Y]..arrdee

[/quote]

Slight correction Ray.  Sorry about the Free Bet but first things first.  It wasn''t that Leeds failed "to do the business", it was that the Mighty U''s "did the business" instead and after our boards being invaded by the Elland Road "mob" saying they were going to tear us apart.  Great away win for us after going a goal down.

I know how much you love your club so I''m sure you will understand.  Absolutely sure.

But sorry we buggered the Free Bet nonetheless.[:$]

I''m hitting form at the right time with my selections being the final lot of this year, sadly the Gas are also hitting form....

Firstly glad to see you back on board Ray, hope you are much better.

Secondly how very unlucky Graham H, I thought Leeds would return to some sort of normality but it seems otherwise -I hate being the picker who lets down the person doing the selection, I know what it feels like to miss by one its not nice.

On the positive side as a whole we on the thread seem to be getting close every week, I''m sure at some point we''ll turn the near misses in to wins. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Slight correction Ray.  Sorry about the Free Bet but first things first.  It wasn''t that Leeds failed "to do the business", it was that the Mighty U''s "did the business" instead and after our boards being invaded by the Elland Road "mob" saying they were going to tear us apart.  Great away win for us after going a goal down.

I know how much you love your club so I''m sure you will understand.  Absolutely sure.

But sorry we buggered the Free Bet nonetheless.[:$]

[/quote]

Yes of course Cam I am forgetting my manners, I stand corrected it was indeed the Mighty U''s that produced the goods and not Leeds,sod it....[:''(]..arrdee.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]I''m hitting form at the right time with my selections being the final lot of this year, sadly the Gas are also hitting form....[/quote]

Now Pete why are you sad that the Gas are hitting form? I would have thought you would be over the moon, in fact I did think twice before coming on the Free Bet pages after Rovers result Saturday, I thought we were going to have a "right old job" with you.You lovely old boy....[:D]..arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]I''m hitting form at the right time with my selections being the final lot of this year, sadly the Gas are also hitting form....[/quote]

Now Pete why are you sad that the Gas are hitting form? I would have thought you would be over the moon, in fact I did think twice before coming on the Free Bet pages after Rovers result Saturday, I thought we were going to have a "right old job" with you.You lovely old boy....[:D]..arrdee.

[/quote]

Delighted with the win arrdee but if this carries on I may have to select them....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Delighted with the win arrdee but if this carries on I may have to select them....

[/quote]

Gulp!![:|]

Another good week from "Arrdee''s Army"! 44 of you put in selections this week with 30 correct and 4 void because of Brechin. So that''s 75% correct naps.[Y] Arrdee is still clear at the top despite being on the postponed game but Trent is closing in on the top two after finally finding success in Milan. Gorleston Jim''s winning run moves up to an impressive 9 this week [Y] While We8 and P''boro stay on 8 & 7 respectively.

Looking at those who have not yet picked in 50% of the matches I see Jimbo_Jet_Set on 4-4, NCFC90 & PaulNCFC on 3-3 and Fonejacker on 2-2. Also Davo on 6-8 and Robert Lim on 4-6. With over 20 weeks left you guys and all the others who haven''t yet made the table can still be one of the top PUPs at the end of the season so keep coming back [Y]

Here are the latest standings : -

Picker

Season

Season %

Arrdee

17-18

Inch High

17-19

Trent Canary

14-17

P’boro_canary

15-18

MacDougall’s perm

13-16

Mr Bump

13-16

we8wba

8-10

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

15-19

Leeds canary

15-19

Shack Attack

15-19

Delia’s Devon..

14-19

Fellas

14-19

Hissing Sid

14-19

Newyorkcanary

14-19

Obiwancanary

11-15

Kathy

8-11

Beaker

13-18

NCFC_Shaun

13-18

7Rew

7-10

Muddy funster

12-18

GazzaTCC

10-15

Sparkos

10-15

Methcanary

9-14

1st Wazzock

12-19

Graham Humphrey

12-19

Cityangel

9-15

Mister Chops

9-15

1dartmoore

6-10

Hughsey

6-10

Till 1010

6-10

Cosmic Twin

10-19

Lucky Green Trainers

10-19

Norfolkchance1

10-19

BringBackIwan

7-12

Norfolkbroadslim

8-14

The Butler

10-18

Canary Ryan

9-16

Nutty nigel

10-19

Sports Desk - Pete

10-19

Berkshire Canary

9-17

Camuldonum

8-16

Scooby

5-10

This weeks naps were divided amongst 22 different teams with 15 being correct making a very impressive 68% success rate this week which is way up on the seasons average. Two of you braved League Two again and came back licking your wounds. If there ever was a "Punters Graveyard" then this seasons League Two must be it!

Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s [&] have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

15-22

262-447

Premiership

1-4

35-69

Championship

4-4

35-67

League One

0-1

30-60

League Two

0-2

16-47

Conference

18-30

Welsh

1-1

9-12

English Cups

1-1

7-13

Scots Premiership

1-1

19-23

Scots Leagues

2-2

14-24

Scots Cup

3-4

Europe

5-6

53-70

Internationals

23-28

Europe was 5-6 again just as last week and that table now looks like this :-

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

5-6

53-70

Spain

1-1

10-17

Italy

2-2

12-16

Holland

0-1

9-12

France

4-5

Germany

5-5

Greece

5-5

Belgium

1-1

Turkey

1-1

3-3

Sweden

1-1

Austria

2-3

Macedonia

0-1

Switzerland

1-1

1-1

Whats the minimum right picks you have to get to be on the table nutty? i have 3-0 so 300% lol and ust wondering what the minimum is?

[quote user="ncfc90"]Whats the minimum right picks you have to get to be on the table nutty? i have 3-0 so 300% lol and ust wondering what the minimum is?[/quote]

You have to have 50% or over correct picks. And you have to have picked a certain amount of times (I think that may be 50% of the weeks)

[quote user="ncfc90"]Whats the minimum right picks you have to get to be on the table nutty? i have 3-0 so 300% lol and ust wondering what the minimum is?[/quote]

Yep, I mentioned you and a few others becuase Arrdee and myself keep a close eye on all you pickers and we noticed you had 3-3. To make it fair on everyone to qualify for the table pickers have to have made selections in at least 50% of the available weeks. So we are now up to week 19 so those with 10 or more selections qualify. It may seem now like you are a long way off that with just 3 but you still have every chance of becoming top picker because there are over 20 weeks left. If you select every week from now on in 14 weeks you will be on the overall table. That may seem like months away but you could still win it. Otherwise you can still be Picker Of The Month and you are 2/2 so far for December so you''re halfway there. Even though your name isn''t on the overall table your selection is important every week and you are doing your bit to help raise funds for the academy[Y]

Inchy - I had loads of help from Arrdee this week otherwise I wouldn''t have got them done yet. That''s the measure of the man because he''s been in a lot of pain. That just shows how important we all are to him. [Y]