Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink Un Pickers

I don''t normally like picking from the championship because anyone can beat anyone on their day. However, Crystal Palace are an in-form team and I can''t really see Donnie getting anything there other than a whupping. So.....

Crystal Palace v Doncaster Rovers.....Home win.

Good luck Graham. [Y]

C''mon arrdee.....Let''s be havin ya!..... Get well soon mate.

[quote user="Kathy"]For me from my sick bed Palace to beat Doncaster.[/quote]

Not the same sick bed as Arrdee BTW.

i found it hard this week.

i am going to go for liverpol to beat hull!

hope you feel better soon arrdee.

good luck graham humphreys Smile [:)]

Internazionale v Chievo - HOME WIN

Top versus bottom. Inter unbeaten at home and Chievo with one win out of seven away and only two goals scored.

Good luck Graham [Y]

Now here we are you lovely old Pickers back in the land of the living (just) and have made it to my computer (just). I would like to say thanks for your kind wishes and e-mails, how could I not get better with you all wishing me well? I would also like to say thanks to Nutty for sitting in for me and keeping me in touch with proceedings and his concerns for me.

We have Graham H in charge this week and I know he has been looking forward to this after his near miss last time he was at the helm, so good luck Graham. I haven''t had much of a chance to look at the fixtures but I am sure Brechin will be too strong for Stranraer. I will talk to all you lovely old Pickers later....[Y]..arrdee.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Congratulations on your new little princess[*] Muddy from Arrdee and myself[<:o)][D][B]

[/quote]

You''re both gentlemen and scholars - thank you so much - she''s absolutely gorgeous and has a canaries outfit already.

She may also have picked quite a canny nap - there maybe future talent there for the pinkun pickers!!! what do you reckon???

Nice to see you around again Ray,

I had to change my mind quite a bit this week because two of my picks were in Scotland (Ayr & Ross County) and looking at the weather forecast I can see them getting frozen off, as last week, another I''m afraid is Reading but I couldn''t possibly back City to lose, so :-

Sunday , Italy Serie A, 14:00 = Internazionale v Chievo Verona (nap) Home win.

The only reason this being my 4th best choice is that it seems too good to be true, the very Top Team at home to the absolute rank Bottom Team, must be a home win surely, but these are the ones that bite you in the bum !

Anyway the very best of luck Graham, us PUPs will be cheering on whatever you choose !

hope you''re on the mend ray - must have been a bad dose to send you stricken to your bed - you tough ole bird - unlike your poultry i wager!!! [;)]talking of wagers,,,the champs looks a mare this week - especially when trying to pick a winner over evens...so i dipped down the odds to tip palace to beat donny...palace are on a three timer, having won on saturday and in a canter (3-0) on monday night...they''ll be fresher and fighting fit than donny - make no mistake...palace to beat doncaster (4-6)...good luck GH...[:D]

Thanks for your selections everyone, now time to narrow it down to six which isn''t easy but here we go:St Johnstone v Morton (Beaker, 7rew)Wolves v Barnsley (1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, IncH_HigH, Cosmic Twin)Brechin v Stranraer (Pboro_Canary, methcanary, itwasallyellow, arrdee)Leeds v Colchester (norfolkchance1, GazzaTCC)Wrexham v Mansfield (Sparkos)and my own pick for this week...Burnley v SouthamptonFingers crossed we''ll finally get another winning week. And good to see you back in action Ray.

Good choices there Graham, I think you have an excellent chance of getting all six this time[Y]

Did anyone see in last weeks programme p66 Billy Dixon now has his own little place on the FONCY page. Well deserved too I might add. And don''t you think his business card looks better in yellow & green! [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Thanks for your selections everyone, now time to narrow it down to six which isn''t easy but here we go:

St Johnstone v Morton (Beaker, 7rew)
Wolves v Barnsley (1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, IncH_HigH, Cosmic Twin)
Brechin v Stranraer (Pboro_Canary, methcanary, itwasallyellow, arrdee)
Leeds v Colchester (norfolkchance1, GazzaTCC)
Wrexham v Mansfield (Sparkos)

and my own pick for this week...

Burnley v Southampton

Fingers crossed we''ll finally get another winning week. And good to see you back in action Ray.
[/quote]

Yes you lovely old Pickers the bet is on thanks to the wonderful Graham and of course Dixmar Racing, the bet is.....

4-6        St Johnstone

1-2        Wolves

4-9        Brechin

4-6        Leeds

8-13      Wrexham

8-11      Burnley

Which will win £157-92p for our Academy which is wonderful. Thanks for that Graham I know you have been waiting for this chance to take on Billy Dixon after your near miss last time. I know you have enjoyed your week in charge of the Free Bet and remember being in charge of the Free Bet means exactly that, you are answerable to no one, not me or Nutty or anyone, we all respect your opinion Graham in fact we welcome it. I will not allow any Picker coming on the Free Bet pages saying you should have done this team or that team, I will not tolerate finger pointing on the Free Bet pages in any shape or form, the Free Bet doesn''t work like that, I like to think of all us Pickers as one happy family all united in our love of Norwich City, somewhere we can find excitement and enjoyment like this afternoon, so thanks once again Graham and well done all you lovely old Pickers....[Y]..arrdee.

Good luck Graham, I hope you are feeling better soon arrdee.

Sorry, I am very late this week.

I was really tempted to go with Celtic to get back to winning ways in the SPL, but they played midweek and Hearts are no pushover, so I have decided to go with -

A Sunday Game for me and off to Switzerland and my nap is -

FC Zurich vs FC Vaduz - Zurich home win.

Zurich are top of the table and top of the form league.  Vaduz second bottom of the table and bottom of the form league.  Should be a home win all day long, I just hope its not one of those freak results.

All the best[:D][Y]

Now you lovely old Pickers, I thought I would run the same bet through a big bookmakers using the same teams to see what we would win if our bet had been made with them, well the best they came up with was £132-59p as Dixmar will pay us £157-92p thats over £25 difference which I am sure will fit in the Academy''s pocket better than theirs, this in my eyes means that when you have a bet with a big bookmaker you have lost before you start and the crazy thing is you have lost even if you win.[:|]....arrdee.

Unlucky Graham. Just one again I think, Colchester''s win at Leeds was unexpected.  I know you will be back to have another go next season and the free bet will be going one better again soon.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Fonejacker"]

PS. The only Scottish league fixture to succumb to the weather.....

[/quote]

What happens now then?

[/quote]

We were on the remaining five but unfortunately Leeds lost.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Fonejacker"]

PS. The only Scottish league fixture to succumb to the weather.....

[/quote]

What happens now then?

[/quote]

We were on the remaining five but unfortunately Leeds lost.

[/quote]

It wasn''t unfortunate this end, although I *am* sorry about the Free Bet.  But sometimes for the greater good.................[:P]

Very good win for the U''s today.  A tricky place to get three points so far this season.