Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink Un Pickers

It’s fallen to me to introduce this weeks thread because my good friend Arrdee is still unwell and confined to his bed. I am pleased to tell you that he was much brighter when I spoke to him today and hopes to soon be back on his computer to take back his rightful place as leader and guardian of the famous Free Bet Thread.

This week it’s Graham Humphreys turn to make the final selections. Now if I remember correctly Graham was extremely unlucky last time with just one wrong from his six. Since then Arrdee and myself have been looking forward to this day and we’re confident Graham will exact his revenge on Billy Dixon and go one better with six winning selections. Graham is at the top of his game right now and is certainly on the “Pickers Hot List” with 5 correct naps from his last 6.

So on Arrdee’s behalf I am handing the Free Bet over to Graham, good luck my friend and good luck to all you PUP’s [&]

I''m heading to Scotland this week.  I think Hibs are going to continue their fine run after having beat Celtic last week. This week they''re up against Hamilton Academical, bottom of the league.  So I''m going for Hibernian HOME WIN over Hamilton.

Grimsby v Shrewsbury Away Win. Shrewsbury 2nd, Grimbsy 22nd. Although they would be bottom if Bournemouth and Luton hadn''t started on minus points at the start of the season.

I am going up to Scotland for my nap.  I have a good feeling about Brechin beating Stranraer.

Brechin are joint top of the table and have won 6 of 7 at home, whilst Stranraer are rooted to the bottom and have lost 6 of 8 on their travels this season.  Gotta be a home banker I reckon.

Good luck Graham and get well soon Arrdee.

My nap is Leeds to beat Colchester, Leeds have a lot of pressure on after a bad few weeks with FA Cup and last weeks defeat at Tranmere but their home form still looks solid enough to consider for another home win.

Good luck Graham, and get well soon Ray.

Get well soon Arrdee. As much as I like Nutty, and the rest of the pickers - the place ain''t the same without ya.

Graham, good luck this week. Lets have us an early christmas pressie off Billy Dixon, we are due a win after so many near misses.

Now Nutty, or Ray if you''re up and at em - if my pick is selected careful when you phone it through, as its a humdinger of a Welsh tongue twister!

CARMARTHEN v Caernarfon HOME WIN

Leedscanary

Seems quite a hard fixture list to predict this week, so best of luck everyone, as much as it pains me to say it, my nap this week is for Wolves, a team I personally hate, much due to a certain Kevin Muscat.

I was sorely tempted to plump for Chelski, normally a dead cert at home, but don''t forget they had a hard game against Cluj last night, and these london ''derbies'' are never certain. So, to add weight to Wazzock''s pick......

Wolves vs Barnsley - home win.

Good luck everyone!

Found a sure winner in the first league I looked in this week. In Italy''s top league. Top of the table Inter Milan are playing bottom of the table Chievo Verona. Compare Inter Milans 36 points with Chievo Verona''s 9 and I don''t really have to say anymore.

So it''s Inter Milan to beat Chievo Verona for me [:D]

And get well soon Ray!

Scottish League two this week for me. Brechin, who are unbeaten at home, to win against bottom of the table Stranraer.

Good luck G.H. and get well soon Ardee.

Thanks everyone, been looking forward to this for a while. Thanks to all who''ve made selections thus far, I''ll get my own in tomorrow (not gonna do it now and read through all the posts, not feeling too good at all, hope it''s not related to going out and drinking alcohol, and getting the texts through confirming another defeat) and should make my final picks Friday evening. I''m off to Reading Saturday (hopefully I''ll be back to full fitness by then...) so won''t know how we got on until I''m back at night, so it''ll be an agonising wait I''m sure. We''re due a winning week so fingers crossed!

To try and make it 3 out of 3 i''ll go for a Valencia home win against Espanyol. Valencia 3rd, Espanyol 18th out of 20. Good luck mate!

Using the idea that teams who play midweek often play poorly - I''m going for a rejuvenated Spurs to pull off a shock win at home against against Man United. Good luck pups [&]

Down into the minefield which is League Two (I enjoy it really, who knows what will happen?)

However Wycombe Wanderers to beat Luton Town - Home Win.

Unless Luton get their act together very rapidly they look likely to grace the Blue Square Conference Premier next season.

Which makes you wonder: Martin, Jarvis, Spillane.  Will they drop into the Conference, loyal to the last, or...................................[:P]

Greetings from a rainy Penang, Malaysia. Gambling is banned here so im surprised I made it onto ladbrokes, might get arrested in a minute but fingers crossed no one noticed! But anyway, my pick is Inter Milan, looks like the safest choice, even though the city of Milan tends to be my free-bet downfall.

Looks a tricky set of fixtures this week, so for the first time I''m going to go abroad. Its Serie A for me this week and

Napoli v Lecce - Home Win.

Napoli have 6 wins and a draw from 7 home games so far, Lecce away have 3 draws and 4 defeats from 7 away games.

Good luck Graham, and Get Well Soon Arrdee.

League One for me this week, Leeds to beat Colchester United at home.

In a desperate attempt to get back on track this week I''m staying in the championship.

Wolves v Barnsley.......Home win.

Best wishes to Ray for a speedy recovery.[:D]

Before I post my nap I''d like to wish Ardee a speedy recovery and I hope you''re out of bed soon! My nap is week is from the championship and it pains me to say it... Reading to beat Norwich. Inter played midweek, the greek league might be canceled this weekend and I saw little else that convinced me more than the canaries losing. Sigh, we''ve pretty bad away from home, we had another soul-sapping loss yesterday and Reading are in top form particularly at home. Good luck Graham H [Y] and hope you''re having a good time on you''re travels Trent.

This week I am going Dutch and quite fancy FC Utrecht to beat FC Volendam. Whilst Utrecht are not exactly high flying they are sitting 9th in the table with a decent home record of W4 D1 L1, Volendam on the other hand are bottom of the pile with the current away record W0 D0 L7, to make matters worse they have conceeded 26 goals on the road whilst scoring just the 1!!!

Good luck and get well soon Arrdee.

I''ve been talking to Arrdee this morning and passing on all your good wishes from this thread. In fact I ended up practically reading the entire 26 posts to him because as you can imagine he is missing this so much. He has suffered another set back but still hopes to be able to be on his computer before the weekend. I will try but I know I will be a poor substitute until he can make a return. And I agree with Leeds that it''s not the same without "Arrdee in the house".

For my nap this week I''m going to Turkey. Sivasspor''s home record is W6 D1 L0 F15 A3 and they have 10 points from the last 12 and haven''t conceded a goal in those games. The points they dropped were from a 0-0 draw away to leaders Trabzonspor. Hacettepe''s away record is W0 D2 L5 F3 A12 and they only have 1 point from the last 12 and have only scored once since the 1st November.

Sivasspor V  Hacettepe      Home Win.

After becoming the proud father of little Annie on Sunday evening, I have decided to let her choose. And what an interesting first choice she has made! Straight into Scottish League One!

Partick Thistle to beat Airdrie

I think she knows what she''s doing!

Good luck Graham and get well soon Arrdee!