Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Police hunt Spurs fans

Mook - Although I''m not keen on their ''faith'' I do actually realise that not all muslims are extremist - I despise extremists of any kind.The subject at hand is one of the British government & media conspiring to tell porkies in order to achieve indigenous acceptance of multiculturalism.I happen to believe that they''re going about things all the wrong way - in fact I''d go as far to say that they are actually producing further divisions within society. 

PS: His Mum denied he lived there (as Mums do and probably should) but his colleagues down the nick were more helpful.  "He''s a complete ******* nutter" is, I suppose, the equivalent of a two footed tackle.....................

[quote user="shyster"]

The subject at hand is one of the British government & media conspiring to tell porkies in order to achieve indigenous acceptance of multiculturalism.

[/quote]

I thought the subject at hand was one of the police releasing pictures of Spurs fans which pronounce them guilty of racist and homophobic chanting before they''ve been charged [^o)]

Anyhoooo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1094807/Sally-Army-told-stop-rattling-collecting-tins--offend-religions.html

Sally Army told not to rattle collection tins in case it ''offends other religions''

''Some authorities specifically ask us not to shake our tins. It is seen as harassment, or making people feel uncomfortable. I don''t think it''s to do with other religions. But it can make people feel we''re putting them under pressure to give.''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1094868/Mother-told-Christmas-lights--case-offend-non-Christian-neighbours.html

Mother told to take down Christmas lights in case the offend non-Christian neighbours.

When I went outside he said that the lights were "offensive to the community".  If I was offending anyone I could understand why he was telling me, but nobody  has complained."

The community? Not non-Christians?

"A spokesman for South Tyneside Council said: ''We would like to make it clear that South Tyneside Homes is happy for residents to put up Christmas lights to decorate their homes."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1093791/School-choir-forced-pull-Christmas-concert-carols-religious.html

School choir forced to pull out of Christmas concert as carols were ''too religious''

I challenge anyone to read through that crock of sh*t and find an actual fact regarding what happened.

"I heard it was because the songs were too religious."

Oh well, if you ''heard'' it must be true [:|]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1091594/Primary-school-cancels-nativity-play-interferes-Muslim-festival-Eid.html

Primary school cancels nativity play because it clashes with Muslim festival.

Really? No mention of a nativity at all in the story, just a ''Christmas performance''. The local paper seems to think it was a pantomime and rather than be cancelled it will be staged in January.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/latest-east-midlands-news/School-defence-against-Eid-rescheduling.4759271.jp

My point is that there are plenty of examples of the media, often backed by politicians of various parties, conspiring to tell porkies to drive the various cultures and religions of this country further apart. It works both ways.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]They wouldn''t have released them without enough evidence to substantiate their suspicions. They should be named and shamed.[/quote]

Nor would the Met have shot Jean de Menezes in the head at point blank range without enough evidence.Oh....

[/quote]Crass comparison, don''t you think?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

My point is that there are plenty of examples of the media, often backed by politicians of various parties, conspiring to tell porkies to drive the various cultures and religions of this country further apart. It works both ways.

[/quote]The Daily Mail in particular is a shameful newspaper.  I''ve posted this before, but you might enjoy Charlie Brooker''s take on thimgs.

The where to draw the line position is worrying. Yes the Spurs chant is a bit sick but its not racist in my opinion and its certainly no worse than a number of chants I can recall Norwich fans singing over the years. Songs about Ipswich players having relations with each other and picking up that particular infection used to be commonplace at Carrow Road. I have sung them in the past as i''m sure have many other people on this board.

I also noticed that one of the things the Preston fan who was ejected from CR recently was alledged to have shouted involved calling us "southern b**tards." Ok the other thing he chanted was racist but this was being held up in front of the courts as a racist phrase as well!

I''m with rod liddle on this one. There have always been sick or unpleasant chants at football and the fact that these types of chants are now regarded as being arrestable offences just tells you how much the game (and the people that watch it) has changed over the last few years. Some elements of that change have been good (e.g. the lack of racism on the terraces). Others have not.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]They wouldn''t have released them without enough evidence to substantiate their suspicions. They should be named and shamed.[/quote]

Nor would the Met have shot Jean de Menezes in the head at point blank range without enough evidence.Oh....

[/quote]

Crass comparison, don''t you think?

[/quote]

Yes, A good example of posting first and thinking slightly later.[:$]

when cardiff play english teams why arent they arrested for making anti england songs?

now im sure we playing a mid eastern side and made similar chants they would be made out to be racist

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I''m with rod liddle on this one. There have always been sick or unpleasant chants at football and the fact that these types of chants are now regarded as being arrestable offences just tells you how much the game (and the people that watch it) has changed over the last few years. Some elements of that change have been good (e.g. the lack of racism on the terraces). Others have not.

[/quote]Can you give us a link to Rod Liddle''s thoughts.I broadly agree with what you''re saying but I''m not sure you could have eradicated the racism and hooliganism inside grounds without making them all seater. It''s easy to identify somebody when they are seated. If you''re part of a heaving, swaying mass of tens of thousands it''s very easy to hide. Terracing was great, I only really caught the last few years of it, but there were downsides as well.