Sign in to follow this  
pureanglia

justice for SIMON LAPPIN

(the norwich one) THE poor chap does not get a look in how would we like it if we turned up for work and the boss tells u go away and come back another day  ok hes on good money and has a good life .... but hes a footballer and that not wat he doing  wats wrong with simon lappin? grants leftoff  its bloody wrong get simon in the team NOW steve jones berkhamsted herts.

[quote user="pureanglia"](the norwich one) THE poor chap does not get a look in how would we like it if we turned up for work and the boss tells u go away and come back another day  ok hes on good money and has a good life .... but hes a footballer and that not wat he doing  wats wrong with simon lappin? grants leftoff  its bloody wrong get simon in the team NOW steve jones berkhamsted herts.[/quote]

I expect Drury feels the same way. Must say though, i don''t know whether i''ve just caught Lappin on good days but on the few occasions i''ve seen him play, he''s nearly always impressed. I hope he get''s another chance too.

[quote user="pureanglia"](the norwich one) THE poor chap does not get a look in how would we like it if we turned up for work and the boss tells u go away and come back another day  ok hes on good money and has a good life .... but hes a footballer and that not wat he doing  wats wrong with simon lappin? grants leftoff  its bloody wrong get simon in the team NOW steve jones berkhamsted herts.[/quote]Excusing the fact that entitling this thread "Justice for Simon Lappin" makes a complete mockery out of the justice system - leaving a footballer out of the side is hardly an injustice, is it? - people seem to forget that Simon Lappin brought very little to the side other than an okay delivery. We now have David Bell doing the very same thing, only far, far better.

Out of the grant casualties i still think lappin is the only actualy one who was unlucky. He is a very good player. He is good at crossing the ball and can take a good set piece which cant be said for many of our squad. Although i wouldnt put him at left back as he is useless there but i think i would give him a go on the left wing. Bell is right footed and should not be playing on the left wing! The way lappin is being treated is appaling. From what i here roeder does not speak to him at all and he has to train with the youths. At the end of the day he had one bad game under roeder and that really is a nasty way to treat someone

This is bloody ridiculous. If Lappin were so desperate for first team football he''d have gone to Motherwll in the summer. Except he didn''t because they''d pay him less to actually play. He would rather sit on his arse knowing he is not wanted and play a couple of reservegames than move on to somewhere else for less money. Everyone thinks he has been injusticed? how exactly? He never brought much to the table, he''s certainly not a player of Bell''s quality. If anything he is ripping the club off for all they are worth because he knows he isn''t talented enough to get a similar salary at another club. Damning indictment of him i know, but I don''t see it any other way.

Definetly should be given a go.Absoloute joke to have a player on the books and refuse to play him, complete waste of money.So that''s Archibald-Henville and Lappin''s wages we''re paying for nothing.

Oh, and Koroma. Assuming he''s still here on loan, I''ve not seen him for weeks.

[quote user="kick it off"]This is bloody ridiculous. If Lappin were so desperate for first team football he''d have gone to Motherwll in the summer. Except he didn''t because they''d pay him less to actually play. He would rather sit on his arse knowing he is not wanted and play a couple of reservegames than move on to somewhere else for less money. Everyone thinks he has been injusticed? how exactly? He never brought much to the table, he''s certainly not a player of Bell''s quality. If anything he is ripping the club off for all they are worth because he knows he isn''t talented enough to get a similar salary at another club. Damning indictment of him i know, but I don''t see it any other way.
[/quote]

no worse than some of the pretenders who Roeder still plays despite putting in performances no better than Lappin''s at Plymouth upon which he was supposedly judged.

i don''t rate Lappin but i don''t rate Fotheringham, Bertrand, Kennedy, Sibierski, Otsemebor either

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[quote user="kick it off"]This is bloody ridiculous. If Lappin were so desperate for first team football he''d have gone to Motherwll in the summer. Except he didn''t because they''d pay him less to actually play. He would rather sit on his arse knowing he is not wanted and play a couple of reservegames than move on to somewhere else for less money. Everyone thinks he has been injusticed? how exactly? He never brought much to the table, he''s certainly not a player of Bell''s quality. If anything he is ripping the club off for all they are worth because he knows he isn''t talented enough to get a similar salary at another club. Damning indictment of him i know, but I don''t see it any other way.
[/quote]

no worse than some of the pretenders who Roeder still plays despite putting in performances no better than Lappin''s at Plymouth upon which he was supposedly judged.

i don''t rate Lappin but i don''t rate Fotheringham, Bertrand, Kennedy, Sibierski, Otsemebor either

[/quote]

Simon Lappin was offered an "out" on weeks of Football League circulars but was not prepared to drop his wages to get a game as we understand.

Motherwell would have taken him permanently and almost certainly given him a game every week but, according to Motherwell, "his wages are far beyond what we can pay and he was not prepared to take any sort of reduction."

I don''t think not playing can be hurting that much[:|]  This is just a guess on my part, of course.

Or could it be that Lappin is a bottler who doesn''t have either the guts or the inclination to force his way into the first team, and is happy to carry on picking up good money in the reserves without working any harder than he has to?Peter Grant has so much to answer for.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="pureanglia"](the norwich one) THE poor chap does not get a look in how would we like it if we turned up for work and the boss tells u go away and come back another day  ok hes on good money and has a good life .... but hes a footballer and that not wat he doing  wats wrong with simon lappin? grants leftoff  its bloody wrong get simon in the team NOW steve jones berkhamsted herts.[/quote]

Excusing the fact that entitling this thread "Justice for Simon Lappin" makes a complete mockery out of the justice system - leaving a footballer out of the side is hardly an injustice, is it? - people seem to forget that Simon Lappin brought very little to the side other than an okay delivery. We now have David Bell doing the very same thing, only far, far better.
[/quote]

oh dear someone takes themselves / life  a bit too seriously [:D]

[quote user="wayne kerr"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="pureanglia"](the norwich one) THE poor chap does not get a look in how would we like it if we turned up for work and the boss tells u go away and come back another day  ok hes on good money and has a good life .... but hes a footballer and that not wat he doing  wats wrong with simon lappin? grants leftoff  its bloody wrong get simon in the team NOW steve jones berkhamsted herts.[/quote]

Excusing the fact that entitling this thread "Justice for Simon Lappin" makes a complete mockery out of the justice system - leaving a footballer out of the side is hardly an injustice, is it? - people seem to forget that Simon Lappin brought very little to the side other than an okay delivery. We now have David Bell doing the very same thing, only far, far better.
[/quote]

oh dear someone takes themselves / life  a bit too seriously [:D]

[/quote]

Well IMO he should be given a go in place of that prat Bertrand the mistakes he made in the past few matches he should be off, ok he''s young so he should be made to pay for his mistakes keep him out of the team for a while, he will learn very quick, otherwise he is going to carry on thinking he is doing the right moves.  

[quote user="kick it off"]This is bloody ridiculous. If Lappin were so desperate for first team football he''d have gone to Motherwll in the summer. Except he didn''t because they''d pay him less to actually play. He would rather sit on his arse knowing he is not wanted and play a couple of reservegames than move on to somewhere else for less money. Everyone thinks he has been injusticed? how exactly? ... If anything he is ripping the club off for all they are worth because he knows he isn''t talented enough to get a similar salary at another club. Damning indictment of him i know, but I don''t see it any other way.
[/quote]

AS a declared Lappin fan I''m pleased - if surprised - his cause refuses to die. He was persuaded to come down to East Anglia along with Fotheringham (not many players would for Grant) - no doubt with the offer of good wages and in my opinion he''s done nothing wrong. If the club gave him a contract I don''t see how he''s ripping us off. More fool the Board for allowing the manager to sideline an ongoing overhead when the budget is tight. I don''t mean the Board should tell the manager who to play but they should ensure he gets the best from the existing squad. If Roeder wants him out - and Lappin must accept he''ll never play for Norwich again with Roeder as manager - Roeder would pick himself first; then Roeder should demonstrate his assessmnet of the player. And giving him even half a game would have put him in the shop window - who''s going to come in for him when he never plays? (The Arsenal reserve match was a rare exception). The point which has been made many times is that Lappin is a left sided  midfielder not a full back. In the former position I never saw him have a bad game. I don''t think Roeder has ever seen him play there and specifically talked about Bertrand and Drury as ahead of him.

As for a "damning indictment" - how many on this message board would leave their work for lower wages in a location they would prefer not to live, just to suit a manager they did not impress? What about the club''s position in bringing him down here, agreeing a contract and then starving him of his trade at the peak of his career? I know that''s football - and at least the cub - and the manager are keeping to that contract, if not in spirit.

If i recall, Lappin had a pretty good season when he was played a left back and then always done his job when needed at left wing. Lappin i can remmeber was praised for his quality crossing, much likes Bell''s and he had one hell of a free kick. I can remmeber him scoring the free kick in injury time to give us a 3-2 win and everybody was saying how fantastic he was,including Roeder, so why all of a sudden has Lappin been left out of everything. There is more chance now of Robert Eagle getting in the team, who i saw play against Colchester a couple of years ago and he looked pretty sharp and fast but could not shoot or cross for nothing, and Lappin can do both of those when needed. My advice is that if Roeder didn''t rely on so many loan players, he would notice that there is some quality in our reseves and youth team and if they were given the chance, they might be able to step up to the challenge, just like Chris Martin did last year.

Come on you yellows !!!

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="pureanglia"](the norwich one) THE poor chap does not get a look in how would we like it if we turned up for work and the boss tells u go away and come back another day  ok hes on good money and has a good life .... but hes a footballer and that not wat he doing  wats wrong with simon lappin? grants leftoff  its bloody wrong get simon in the team NOW steve jones berkhamsted herts.[/quote]

I expect Drury feels the same way. Must say though, i don''t know whether i''ve just caught Lappin on good days but on the few occasions i''ve seen him play, he''s nearly always impressed. I hope he get''s another chance too.

[/quote]

off topic but great Avatar and a great album! shame mine was stolen! :(

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

off topic but great Avatar and a great album! shame mine was stolen! :(

jas :)

[/quote]

I''ll get you another Jas, won''t be till just after Christmas mind.

now is the time to pay lapps off, especially if he can find a new club north of the border - he''s half-way through his contract??? and so hopefully he can get off our books relatively cheaply, if we let him go for a free transfer,,,

So the last 3 performances are probably 3 of the best all season..... and you want to start throwing the dead wood back in. Cool

Another poster wants the kids to start playing LOL

Lappin took a good corner and an ok free kick, other than that he does nothing.

Roeder sees the players in training, he gets reports / opinion from experts paid good money to offer such judgement. He is aware of the character of the individuals and how their non playing attributes can enhance / disrupt a tactic / team ethic

Huckerby /Green / Hoolahan are / were classic examples

[quote user="IBA"]So the last 3 performances are probably 3 of the best all season..... and you want to start throwing the dead wood back in. Cool Another poster wants the kids to start playing LOL (1) Lappin took a good corner and an ok free kick, other than that he does nothing.(2) Roeder sees the players in training, he gets reports / opinion from experts paid good money to offer such judgement. He is aware of the character of the individuals and how their non playing attributes can enhance / disrupt a tactic / team ethic (3) Huckerby /Green / Hoolahan are / were classic examples[/quote]

(1) - And prior to Bell''s recent introduction, who in the team did Roeder have who could do either?

(2) = Quite right - so why then, does he persist in playing Fotheringham?

(3) - Eh??

[/quote]

You'' ve never seen Bell play have you ?? He''s crap.

[quote user="barclayseats"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="pureanglia"](the norwich one) THE poor chap does not get a look in how would we like it if we turned up for work and the boss tells u go away and come back another day  ok hes on good money and has a good life .... but hes a footballer and that not wat he doing  wats wrong with simon lappin? grants leftoff  its bloody wrong get simon in the team NOW steve jones berkhamsted herts.[/quote]Excusing the fact that entitling this thread "Justice for Simon Lappin" makes a complete mockery out of the justice system - leaving a footballer out of the side is hardly an injustice, is it? - people seem to forget that Simon Lappin brought very little to the side other than an okay delivery. We now have David Bell doing the very same thing, only far, far better.[/quote]

You'' ve never seen Bell play have you ?? He''s crap.

[/quote]I disagree. If you''re going to put Lappin on the side based on ''okay'' performances and a fairly good delivery, then we may as well play Bell; who tends to have more of an influence, and certainly a better delivery imo.

[quote user="glove1"]

a proper example of footballers in too much money, it should be about the playing not drawing the money in.

saying that, i was there when lappin scored that free kick at luton when we won 3-2... he isnt a terrible player!!

[/quote]lappin was terrible at left back,,,but was ok on the left wing, and thats the best i can say about the boy unfortunately,,,very rarely did he put over a decent cross or corner that threatened or created a genuine chance...

If Croft is to go in January according to rumour, Bell would switch to the right so Lappin may get a chance. Haven''t we still got Chadwick at MK too?

[:|][quote user="earnsless"]If Croft is to go in January according to rumour, Bell would switch to the right so Lappin may get a chance. Haven''t we still got Chadwick at MK too?[/quote]

Motherwell offered Simon Lappin the opportunity of a regular game.  They pleaded with him to sign for them.  The chairman of the club intervened personally.  He wasn''t interested in getting a regular game (okay in Scotland) unless they matched his money at Norwich which they couldn''t.

"He hasn''t done a lot at Norwich and we gave him 14 games I think plus some closed door stuff - he scored two for us, one of them a cracking goal and you know we thought we had a chance because he looks totally out of it in England.  But he was demanding nonsense money and we just had to bail out in the end because we just couldn''t get anywhere near what he was asking.

"It was very, very disappointing.  We tried very hard but it''s not about club love these days is it?  It''s about money isn''t it?  We have to move on, we have no other options if he''s not interested.  I don''t know whether it is the laddy himself or his agent although we tried our best.  He started his career up here, has done better in Scotland than anywhere else, and I thought we might have a chance.

"It''s no surprise really. We tried to sign a fifth choice Celtic midfielder and he''s on double the money of our highest paid player and he''s never turned out for the Celtic first team.  I wasn''t very good as a footballer but if someone had given me a window to be first choice I''d have jumped at it.  Even if he is not making the Norwich team it''s a much bigger club in every way, facilities, money.  We damn near told him he''d be our first choice but that wasn''t good enough.

"I''m buggered if I''m going to beg people to play for this club and so there came a point when we just had to give up with him.  Basically, we couldn''t get anywhere near his money.   He did play well for us, we were happy, but as soon as we started talking money that was it."

Say something Simon. [:|]

See this is what I don''t really get. Posters criticise Roeder for his mistakes in the transfer market, which is fair enough in the case of the boy from Spurs. Not sure about some of the others though but I doubt a few mistakes in the loan market have cost the club anything like the long contracts given to players like Cureton and Lappin. What did it cost to get shot of the others he inherited? All managers make mistakes. All signings are gambles. But surely the biggest gamble of all was paying a reported £750,000 for a 32 year old striker and putting him on a contract for 3 years! When Iwan got to that age he had to practically score 20 goals for us just to earn another year!

Why do so many want to get behind players that are taking so much out of the club and refuse to get behind some that are putting a lot in?