Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Love him or hate him a question about Roeder for you all Part two

As the clubs above us start to pull away,and with a large number of fans unhappy with Glen and not a lot of faith in his management skills,Should Roeder be sacked and a new manager given the job of saving us from relegation.

He deserves time

Our permanent signings are all showing potential in addition to the fact that we are now beginning to play well on a more consistent basis... yes I know the results are not coming our way just yet but both performances @ Reading & Watford were deserving of at least 2 draws

He may not have bags of cash to throw about in January but I have faith in him to improve our squad again with any permanent signings he makes

Win our home gams at Xmas and we should be pulling away from the bottom 3

[quote user="Hamster"]

He deserves time

Our permanent signings are all showing potential in addition to the fact that we are now beginning to play well on a more consistent basis... yes I know the results are not coming our way just yet but both performances @ Reading & Watford were deserving of at least 2 draws

He may not have bags of cash to throw about in January but I have faith in him to improve our squad again with any permanent signings he makes

[/quote]

And what if we don''t win our home games?

I don''t think the answer is to get rid of GR as much as my heart would love to see him walk, it could prove counter productive for the team and fans alike.

I wish I shared your faith in GR, to me hes had more than enough time (over a year) to get the team sorted and playing consistent football, but has he done that?  IMHO no way and not even close.

Each time I ask myself the question I come up with a different answer.

On the one hand he is a pretty unpleasant individual.

He has wasted a hell of a lot of money on poor loan players.

He makes some very strange team and tactical decisions.

He appears to have his favorites and bears grudges that keep better players out of the side.

He got rid of Huckerby

On the other hand some of his signings have been excellent

We do appear to be playing some decent football at times

He should be given time

On balance looking at the above maybe he should go. Or not?????

[quote user="juicey blue"]could be worse, you could have magilton in charge![/quote]

thats an interesting point there scummer!

who would city fans rather have

Roeder or Magilton?

p.s sorry for the scummer insult mate- i''m just messing [:)]

[quote user="Hamster"]

He deserves time

[/quote]

Jeez! just look at the league table for Gods sake!

[quote user="CT "]

[quote user="juicey blue"]could be worse, you could have magilton in charge![/quote]

thats an interesting point there scummer!

who would city fans rather have

Roeder or Magilton?

p.s sorry for the scummer insult mate- i''m just messing [:)]

[/quote]

There''s only one way to find out.................................FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

As the clubs above us start to pull away,and with a large number of fans unhappy with Glen and not a lot of faith in his management skills,Should Roeder be sacked and a new manager given the job of saving us from relegation.

[/quote]

Who would you have if he was sacked Phat?

He needs more time.

No matter what anyone says, you cannot judge success in a few months. Glenn''s reign may have started over a year ago, but personally I don''t think you can count last season too much in terms of gelling the side together. The summer saw a complete revolution- something like 17 transfers in and out of the club, and add to that the mass over-haul of the coaching staff- that kind of overhaul takes time for people to adjust to.

Sacking Roeder will achieve very little- we need to be patient. I firmly believe that if next summer Roeder can bring another 5 decent (permenant) players in, as he did this summer, then we will have a solid side, capable of pushing into the top 6.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Who would you have if he was sacked Phat?

[/quote]

On Saturday i made my mind up that he has to go,but in all honesty i don''t think sacking him would help,we need a new board before a new manager,the board hasn''t backed him at all but on the other hand he has made some poor loan signings and he does make some very weird team selections at times. It gives me a headache just trying to sort out in my head what would be best, we are in a relegation fight and i don''t think he''s up to it, who would i replace him with, no idea is the honest answer!!

Phat, at present getting rid of him would only impact badly on the club, unless he was willing to go for no payoff and we had a ready replacement, and after Lee Clarke''s departure I guess we don''t.

As has been said elsewhere he''s a pretty unlikable character - but at the moment we have to think what''s best for the team. Is it better to at least stick with him until the end of the season at least - or until we have significant investment.

My view of him is entirely personal. His biggest plus IMO is the football he''s trying to get us playing. There have been glimpses of excellent football and the signings of Clingan and Hoolahan also to be applauded. On the other hand his handling of Huckerby and the loans haven''t won him many friends. If we were 10-20 points better off we would think it was for the best, but we are still relatively in the same position as last year. Until we start putting a decent run together I think quite a number of fans will be undecided on his future with the club, but again, in reality we can''t afford to sack him.

As you say Phat we need a new board, or at least someone with enough money to sustain a decent challenge in the top six and some financial nous to boot. Until that person arrives I guess we will lurch from crisis to crisis with fingers crossed.