is a dead cert with roeder in charge. His tactical decisions and team selections are killing this team. And when were relegated we will lose bell, hoolahan clingan and croft, four of the best players we have had in recent years.

Attack me if you want but i have nothing positive left in me! january will be full of hope of new faces but we all know we will be still anxiously waiting on jan 31st 11 49pm for our new heros, and will be gutted at 12 01am when they dont arrive!

im not going to start roeder/board out rubbish or say we should be protesting. im off to france for 3 weeks tommorrow to celebrate xmas and new year with family so my own little protest will be to not visit this board or anything else norwich city untill the new year ( i will of cause check for results) so merry xmas every one and a happy new year!

Unless we make some shrewd loan signings in January - as clearly there is little cash for permanent signings - we are heading down.  Lita will be gone for sure, and without him, I can''t see where the goals are coming from.

Equally we need two solid centre backs to shore up the defence (not asking much I know!?).  Kennedy is injury prone and Doherty is a liability.

If we do enough to stay up, then we need a cultural change at the club - where whilst we need a few good loan additions, we need our own players, who will play their heart out for the club.  You don''t get that commitment from loan players.

Whether that change includes Roeder or not remains to be seen.

We need to up the scouting network for certain though, and get more bargains like Clignan.

Keogh, Kightly, Doyle, and many others have all come from lower leagues, and Ashton was banging in goals long long before we took a look at him.

I think sadly though we''ll have to adopt this change for the wrong reasons though - as next year we''ll be in the league below, and no one will want to send decent loan players down to that level.

Its not the signings that worry me with GR to be honest. I think he has made some very good signings and even some of the loans this year and last year have been good. Its his formations and tactics that worry me, his knowledge of players are good and I think he does have some cloat when it comes to signings. The other problem with GR is that if you pi55 him off, then you won''t get back in the team.

Back to topic thou, do I think that we will get relegated? The answer for me is no. Yes, I am a positive person and am sick of all the poo that is going on but I can see us pulling well clear come the end of the season. Still a sad state of affairs when we are talking about relegation, we should be talking about top half and beyond.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Its not the signings that worry me with GR to be honest. I think he has made some very good signings and even some of the loans this year and last year have been good. Its his formations and tactics that worry me, his knowledge of players are good and I think he does have some cloat when it comes to signings. The other problem with GR is that if you pi55 him off, then you won''t get back in the team.

Back to topic thou, do I think that we will get relegated? The answer for me is no. Yes, I am a positive person and am sick of all the poo that is going on but I can see us pulling well clear come the end of the season. Still a sad state of affairs when we are talking about relegation, we should be talking about top half and beyond.

[/quote]

I agree 100% with everything you say here. So, rather than re word your points I''ll just say "ditto"!

Still a sad state of affairs when we are talking about relegation, we should be talking about top half and beyond.

[/quote]

Agreed! So... who thinks we can make the top half or even beyond[:^)]

I do [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Still a sad state of affairs when we are talking about relegation, we should be talking about top half and beyond.

[/quote]

[/quote]I think we will end up finishing about mid-table. No way in hell are we going to have anything in us to make a push for the play-offs!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think we will end up finishing about mid-table. No way in hell are we going to have anything in us to make a push for the play-offs!
[/quote]

I certainly wasn''t talking play-offs but I''d be extremely disappointed if anybody, especially anyone at the club, ruled them out.

There''s a lot of games left....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not a chance. We''ll finish 14th at best, 22nd at worst.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think we will end up finishing about mid-table. No way in hell are we going to have anything in us to make a push for the play-offs!
[/quote]

I certainly wasn''t talking play-offs but I''d be extremely disappointed if anybody, especially anyone at the club, ruled them out.

[/quote]

Oh dear. When were you let out?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty, I admire your endless optimism. Until recently I was ever the optimist, despite everything - unfortunately I cannot see past a desperated relegation struggle at the end of this season. After January, what will we have? A reasonable midfield perhaps, but very little at the back and nothing up front - and if you dont score, you cant win. Add to that the bloody-mindedness of GR and I fear we are in for a torrid time....

[/quote]

Quite right - though am not sure about "pulling well clear". My prediction at the start was to finish 15th - and I''m not changing that. He has improved the squad beyond doubt and we will not be relegated. One good reason to leave him in post a while longer. But the cost - and I don''t mean financially - has been high, in terms of enjoyment/warm feeling. I wonder if the players are feeling that way too...?

I don''t think we''ll be relegated, but we need to start turning good performances into points starting with the Charlton and Forest games. I think about 15th is where we''ll end up, but what happens in the window will be pivotal. I was away at the weekend but it sounds like Cort did ok on debut,so maybe we''ve struck lucky there.However, a decent replacement for Lita and a good centreback are must haves.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think we will end up finishing about mid-table. No way in hell are we going to have anything in us to make a push for the play-offs![/quote]

[/quote]

Whilst we''re relying on loan players and possible freebies to come into an already unsettled team that has averaged a point per game thus far it''s extremely difficult to see us surviving in this Division.The way this season is panning out I think the fourth from bottom team will need 52 points or over to avoid the drop and I seriously can''t see us achieving that.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whilst we''re relying on loan players and possible freebies to come into an already unsettled team that has averaged a point per game thus far it''s extremely difficult to see us surviving in this Division.

The way this season is panning out I think the fourth from bottom team will need 52 points or over to avoid the drop and I seriously can''t see us achieving that.[/quote]

Shyster, would you mind explaing your rationale in support of your opinion. You are suggesting that one of the bottom three clubs currently are going to achieve 33 points or more in the second half of the season. Given that they only achieved 18-19 points during the first half of the season what do you feel is the basis for the huge improvement one of the clubs will need to make?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I certainly wasn''t talking play-offs but I''d be extremely disappointed if anybody, especially anyone at the club, ruled them out.[/quote]I think if anybody at the club started talking about the play-offs the men in white coats should be taking them away.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I certainly wasn''t talking play-offs but I''d be extremely disappointed if anybody, especially anyone at the club, ruled them out.[/quote]
I think if anybody at the club started talking about the play-offs the men in white coats should be taking them away.
[/quote]

Maybe they should all be like the "self-appointed realists" on here then. Let''s have no more ambition at Colney.

Tuesday morning at Colney....

Glen Roeder: "Right you lot, the best you can hope for is 14th!"

Lee Croft: "But we can still make the Play-offs boss!"

Glen Roeder: "Oh dear! When were you let out"

Adam Sadler: "To be fair to Lee, he''s part of a reasonable midfield but Doc, Omo, Drury and Semmy amount to very little and the strikers amount to nothing.

Lee Croft: "But we''ll get new players to replace the ones we lose in January"

Glen Roeder: "But they''ll get us no more than a point a game so I seriously can''t see us avoiding the drop!"

Lee Croft: "Ok boss, you win, we''ll just go out and continue ruining the fans weekends until the end of the season!"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I certainly wasn''t talking play-offs but I''d be extremely disappointed if anybody, especially anyone at the club, ruled them out.[/quote]
I think if anybody at the club started talking about the play-offs the men in white coats should be taking them away.
[/quote]

Maybe they should all be like the "self-appointed realists" on here then. Let''s have no more ambition at Colney.

Adam Sadler: "To be fair to Lee, he''s part of a reasonable midfield but Doc, Omo, Drury and Semmy amount to very little and the strikers amount to nothing.

Glen Roeder: "But they''ll get us no more than a point a game so I seriously can''t see us avoiding the drop!"

Lee Croft: "Ok boss, you win, we''ll just go out and continue ruining the fans weekends until the end of the season!"

[/quote]

Sounds about right if you ask me.

I think Forest and Doncaster are dead certs, but Charlton could turn it around. Southampton seem similar to us - crap one week and not so crap another - so it could be between us, Southampton and Charlton to fill the remaining spot. Hence Saturday is a must win.

We won''t be relegated whilst Charlton, Doncaster, Forest and Southampton are all in this league... FACT!

[quote user="iagzisacocker"]We won''t be relegated whilst Charlton, Doncaster, Forest and Southampton are all in this league... FACT![/quote]

My instincts tell me that both Forest & Charlton will fair better than us transfer wise next month, hence, improved league positions for the remainder of the season - another bonus for the aforementioned is the fact that both sides will most likely be keeping most of their squads in tact as opposed to our losing loan players - there''s no doubting that settled sides will stand a better chance in a relegation scrap.I''m certain we''ll finish above Doncaster and possibly Southampton, but I seriously envisage us relying on the likes of Barnsley & Blackpool to fail because there''s no way we''ll be finishing above Charlton or Forest. Under the present Board with no serious funding, and especially with Roeder at the helm, we will be relegated.

Bringing back this post at the end of the season to prove that I was right will give me no pleasure at all. [:(]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds about right if you ask me.

[/quote]

Well it may not be what they say in public Alex... but you can bet your bottom dollar that they sure as hell will be thinking like that and those kind of negative thoughts show through even when they are not spoken (as does the negative vibes that Queen Delia has created amongst the fans over the last few years).

Along with Mr Roeder thinking to himself ''how did I ever let myself get in to this mess?'' then what chance have we got apart from praying there are 3 worse teams than us???