Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Roeder's faith in Russell and Fotheringham

I am struggling to understand how Roeder can continue to play Russell as a striker, and Fotheringham as Captain.  Perhaps I am missing something, but Russell is not a natural striker and is unlikely to add to his early season tally, and Fotheringham shouldn''t even be on the pitch, let alone Captain. 

Is this the same Russell and Fotheringham who were part of the team that 95% of people on here were predicting was going to be in the top half of the table and possibly even pushing for a place in the
play-off''s this season??? [:$]

The three things I dont like about Roeder.

1. Fotheringham as captain.

2. Russell as a striker.

3. Lupoli on the bench.

The three things I like about Roeder.

1. His signings on a shoestring budget. Clingan, Bell, Stefanovic, Pattison.

2. We''re playing decent football again.

3. Norwich 2 Ipswich 0.

[quote user="Smudger"]Is this the same Russell and Fotheringham who were part of the team that 95% of people on here were predicting was going to be in the top half of the table and possibly even pushing for a place in the
play-off''s this season??? [:$][/quote]

Where did you get that 95% figure from. Did you do a poll or pluck it out of nowhere?

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

2. Russell as a striker.

3. Lupoli on the bench.

3. Norwich 2 Ipswich 0.

[/quote] I totally agree that his signings on the whole have been excellent; and we are certainly playing better football.  I fail to understand why he insists on keeping Bell on the left when he takes Croft off, and putting Pattison on the right.  I also wonder how many of those games that we have dominated and have not scored in,  might have gone the other way if he played someone used to playing as a striker up front.

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Is this the same Russell and Fotheringham who were part of the team that 95% of people on here were predicting was going to be in the top half of the table and possibly even pushing for a place in the

Where did you get that 95% figure from. Did you do a poll or pluck it out of nowhere?

[/quote]

I am a mathematical genius... and I also know that you were one of them... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess you really know nothing, but in your own little world you think you do!

I have put my money on with betfair exactly where I think we will finish and it def isnt in the top half (the bet was placed early in the season)

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

2. Russell as a striker.

3. Lupoli on the bench.

3. Norwich 2 Ipswich 0.

[/quote] I totally agree that his signings on the whole have been excellent; and we are certainly playing better football.  I fail to understand why he insists on keeping Bell on the left when he takes Croft off, and putting Pattison on the right.  I also wonder how many of those games that we have dominated and have not scored in,  might have gone the other way if he played someone used to playing as a striker up front.[/quote]

I think if we had started with Lupoli up front he would have put those two first chances away, Russell is no striker, and Patterson has to be be on the goal line to score.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="silver fox"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

2. Russell as a striker.

3. Lupoli on the bench.

3. Norwich 2 Ipswich 0.

[/quote] I totally agree that his signings on the whole have been excellent; and we are certainly playing better football.  I fail to understand why he insists on keeping Bell on the left when he takes Croft off, and putting Pattison on the right.  I also wonder how many of those games that we have dominated and have not scored in,  might have gone the other way if he played someone used to playing as a striker up front.[/quote]

I think if we had started with Lupoli up front he would have put those two first chances away, Russell is no striker, and Patterson has to be be on the goal line to score.

[/quote]

Lupoli would have been kicked out of the game on saturday. Russell put his body on the line and did the job he was asked to do although his miss was disppointing - he did slip though!

Whilst I agree that we should have played with at least one recognised striker from the start I thought Russell did a very good job up front on his own (apart from the glaring miss of course)

What really did it for me was not bringing on Lupoli when Court came on. Russell had run himself into the ground and in the heavy conditions their defence would not have fancied somebody with pace feeding off Courts knock downs. Poor decision again Mr Roeder.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have put my money on with betfair exactly where I think we will finish and it def isnt in the top half (the bet was placed early in the season)

[/quote]

Please elaborate... 12th place maybe???

That is about the worst that people we predicting on here pre-season... even Lord Negative himself (Smudger) was predicting that maybe we could hit the dizzy heights of 16th.

19th to 16th and another bleedin'' disgraceful season at best (I will stick with that)... [:S]

I am sure that means that 99% of you will jump for joy at another astonishingly successful season??? [:$]

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Is this the same Russell and Fotheringham who were part of the team that 95% of people on here were predicting was going to be in the top half of the table and possibly even pushing for a place in the play-off''s this season??? [:$][/quote]

[/quote]Same place as every other innacurate statement of his - his bottom!

I can always understand your point of view Smudger but this constant negativity isnt needed. If youv made the effort to watch the last three matches youd realise that were actually playing well. i know results are what matter in football it dont take a rocket scientiest to work that out, but im sure if the lads keep performing how they have been the last three games results will come our way. being a football fans easy when your winning its about loosing when we''re most needed fella.

[quote user="You What"]I can always understand your point of view Smudger but this constant negativity isnt needed. If youv made the effort to watch the last three matches youd realise that were actually playing well. i know results are what matter in football it dont take a rocket scientiest to work that out, but im sure if the lads keep performing how they have been the last three games results will come our way. being a football fans easy when your winning its about loosing when we''re most needed fella.
[/quote]

I am sure if the lads keep performing how they have been all season then we will be lucky to playing in the Championship next season... but oh hum what do I know??? [:S]

[quote user="Smudger"]

I am sure if the lads keep performing how they have been all season then we will be lucky to playing in the Championship next season... but oh hum what do I know??? [:S]

[/quote]But how can luck have anything to do with it? You only deal in certainties.Are you trying to imply that you aren''t the all-seeing, all-knowing one?Careful, you''re in danger of slipping into reality ......

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please elaborate... 12th place maybe???

That is about the worst that people we predicting on here pre-season... even Lord Negative himself (Smudger) was predicting that maybe we could hit the dizzy heights of 16th.

19th to 16th and another bleedin'' disgraceful season at best (I will stick with that)... [:S]

I am sure that means that 99% of you will jump for joy at another astonishingly successful season??? [:$]

[/quote]

12th place is in the top half you flid, since you are a ''mathematical genius'' I need not explain, but I will anyway just in case you are in fact the moron that most people seem to think you are....

24 divided by 2=  12

that means that there are two 12''s in 24

meaning that if we are number 12

we are the last number in the first sequence of 12

with the first number of the second sequence of 12 being 13.

(Takes a Bow)

You don''t say... [:$]

You wanna watch it you know?  With brains like that they will be head hunting you for one of the vacancies at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Smudger"]

You wanna watch it you know?  With brains like that they will be head hunting you for one of the vacancies at Carrow Road.

[/quote]The problem is Smudger is that you wind people up for the sake of winding them up.People claim that you occaisionally make good points - my opinion is that you always say the same thing, when you choose to say something and that logic suggests that due to the fluctuations of reality sometimes you will be lucky and be right.What I would like to see you admit is that for the last two seasons you have been wrong. You predicted and stated on here that you wanted relegation for NCFC. We stayed up both times despite changing the manager twice.You also inform everyone that the only time you are likely to watch a game is if it has been televised. Its nice to see you went all quiet for a while especially after the derby match which we won reasonably comfortably.Sure you can slag off the results but I don''t think you are best placed to comment on performances you have not seen. You also seemed blind to other varying factors such as the instability of certain areas of our team. How many games in a row has our defencive line-up been the same?You see the long term improvement being the ousting of Delia and Michael - fine. But you offer no alternative, no realistic solution other than the easiest way to get rid of them would be relegation when the reality is that this would be followed by administration a ten point defecity and a severely weakened team to stay in Leage One with. Is that an attractive prospect to any possibly buyers? Add to that how many other Championship / League One teams could be bought with better prospects. We would more likely go the Luton Town way than the Leeds Utd way.And so here you are commenting on a thread about players you have seen very little of at all this season and again referencing your master plan of Norwich''s great fall from grace.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

The problem is Smudger is that you wind people up for the sake of winding them up.

People claim that you occaisionally make good points - my opinion is that you always say the same thing, when you choose to say something and that logic suggests that due to the fluctuations of reality sometimes you will be lucky and be right.

What I would like to see you admit is that for the last two seasons you have been wrong. You predicted and stated on here that you wanted relegation for NCFC. We stayed up both times despite changing the manager twice.

You also inform everyone that the only time you are likely to watch a game is if it has been televised. Its nice to see you went all quiet for a while especially after the derby match which we won reasonably comfortably.

Sure you can slag off the results but I don''t think you are best placed to comment on performances you have not seen. You also seemed blind to other varying factors such as the instability of certain areas of our team. How many games in a row has our defencive line-up been the same?

You see the long term improvement being the ousting of Delia and Michael - fine. But you offer no alternative, no realistic solution other than the easiest way to get rid of them would be relegation when the reality is that this would be followed by administration a ten point defecity and a severely weakened team to stay in Leage One with. Is that an attractive prospect to any possibly buyers? Add to that how many other Championship / League One teams could be bought with better prospects. We would more likely go the Luton Town way than the Leeds Utd way.

And so here you are commenting on a thread about players you have seen very little of at all this season and again referencing your master plan of Norwich''s great fall from grace.
[/quote]

I can''t help it if there are a few on here who find too much truth in the way that I say the majority of City fans behave.

It is easy peasy for some of us who have technical knowledge to judge a player after only a few games.  I have seen all of our players for at least a few games and have judged all of them.  Try naming just one player that I have been wrong about in my judgements over the last couple of years if you can.  I am sure that I could name several who you have been wrong about my friend.

I have seen about 5 performances this season and I have yet to be impressed with any of them.

I agree with you that we would be more likely to go the Luton way if we were relegated, but at least the fans could have their club back and start moving in the right direction again... We are only a step away from administration at the moment and it is Delia & Co who are playing Russian Roulette with the clubs future yet again. 

As for me making no suggestions on how things can be improved, I think that you must have cloth in your ears???? [:D]

"It is easy peasy for some of us who have technical knowledge to judge a player after only a few games."

Well presumably you are better qualified than most managers then.

Players are very often bad at some clubs and great at others, form changes, skills develop, systems change performances.

Yes class is permanent, but if you think you can tell for certain if a player will be succesful by watching a "few games" you are even more deluded than I thought.

I cannot remember your opinions on specific players from the last few years because I cannot remember you ever saying anything positive about anything.

Are you implying that you knew Iwan would go on to be brilliant for us in his first season?

Are you also saying that Clingan hasn''t impressed you?

Just saying everyone is crap isn''t really passing judgement.