Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Bunsen

player leaving cr?

Not a chance of £2.2m, but if we were offered that I don''t see why it wouldn''t be accepted.

Marshall is worth £1.5m tops, and that is pushing it I reckon. If we sell him I doubt we would get much more than £1m.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Not a chance of £2.2m, but if we were offered that I don''t see why it wouldn''t be accepted. Marshall is worth £1.5m tops, and that is pushing it I reckon. If we sell him I doubt we would get much more than £1m.[/quote]

I disagree. I think if somebody was going to come in for him we could get around 2 - 2.5 million. I wouldn''t sell him for less than 1.5 and I''d strongly consider rejecting that aswell.

He is only worth what other clubs will pay, simple. Remember, many aclub have bought players that are only worth a fraction of what they are really worth and if someone like ''boro or Wet Spam come in with an offer of 10 million, I say let them.[:D]

i think we could get 3-4m for himhe is only worth 1.5m i admitbut then keepers are overpricedive always thought that there were brackets, each amount should buy you a decent keeperanything upto and inc champs (1m)a lower prem team (1m-3m)a top prem team (3-5m)a world class keeper (5m+)if we got 4m for marshywe could get a very good replacement for 1-1.5m im sure.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Marshall is not worth 2.5 million - but in a world where Craig Gordon is "worth" 9 million i guess anything is possible![/quote]

Apologies, I should''ve read your post first, WWWB.It''s just that I usually skip them.  [:D][;)]

The question is how much potential we think he has. At the moment he is well short of the finished article and especially lacks consistency, - his two soft goals last wee for instance, after two saves against Ipswich. At the moment he can''t be worth more than £1m .In other words, if he has potential he could be worth even more in a year or two when we climb back from Division 1. He could be a worthwhile stopgap until Rudd or Steer come good.