Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Paul Ince Come On Down

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

''Paul Ince Come On Down''

That''s an ironic title, given that in 6 months time, that''s exactly what he would have been doing with Blackburn.

[/quote]

No thanks if he cant manage a club with money in the bank, what the hell will he do here

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

That''s an ironic title, given that in 6 months time, that''s exactly what he would have been doing with Blackburn.

[/quote]

No thanks if he cant manage a club with money in the bank, what the hell will he do here

[/quote]

macclesfield he worked a miracle and only unoticed due to were macclesfield are. mk dons he took up having a biggish budget in that league

Wider issues at Blackburn caused his downfall - He lost Brad Friedel and Dave Bentley about 2 days after he took over.

He did make errors and maybe it was a step up too soon but didnt get a chance to learn from his mistakes and rectify them whereas Mark Hughes had a shaky start at Blackburn and he was given the time to turn it round.... now he''s the benckmark for Ince to live up to. 

Ince would be absolute quality and I would be pleased to see him take over at Carra -  only problem would be he would probably leave for a bigger club if he was successful.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

macclesfield he worked a miracle and only unoticed due to were macclesfield are. mk dons he took up having a biggish budget in that league

[/quote]

Like I said, we are skint, he had plenty of cash at MK blackburn also have the cash, he Bought Robinson,not cheap, they don''t trust him to spend well next month and want a manager who knows how to run it right, if you ask me he bit off more than he could chew, and should have stayed at MK   

[quote user="Scotty121"]Is it just me or would anyone else like to see the guvnor in charge here?[/quote]

Isn''t it time we had a Manager who was successful in his last job instead of a failure?

No thanks.

Has the ability to alienate players even worse than Roeder and has too high an opinion of himself. Glad to say the current regime would not have him either- he demands too much control over too many aspects of club life. I want someone who will concentrate on the playing squad- I would actually like to see us try a director of football and head coach approach. I think it would help ease out the board influence and let them concentrate on the business side that they have done fairly well over the years.

This could well back fire but in our position it seems to make sense- with the right pair in place.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually apart from Paul Robinson he hasnt really spent much considering they are a premiership side.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="Scotty121"]Is it just me or would anyone else like to see the guvnor in charge here?[/quote]

Isn''t it time we had a Manager who was successful in his last job instead of a failure?

[/quote]

Yes, but if they were successful they wouldn''t be looking for another job, would they?

And if we poached them, we''d have to look down the leagues instead of up. Would you be happy with that?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually apart from Paul Robinson he hasnt really spent much considering they are a premiership side.

[/quote]agreed - incy didn''t have the money to spend on his own team, and coupled with Bentley and GK (can''t remember his name!!!going - along with a misfiring cruz,,,ouch...the guv''nor was set a stiff task,,,just bruce left to make it a trio of ex-man u fergie players to get the bullet this season...although wigan have steadied of late...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed - incy didn''t have the money to spend on his own team, and coupled with Bentley and GK (can''t remember his name!!!going - along with a misfiring cruz,,,ouch...the guv''nor was set a stiff task,,,just bruce left to make it a trio of ex-man u fergie players to get the bullet this season...although wigan have steadied of late...
[/quote]

Spot on, and the keeper was Brad Friedel.

I think that whoever gets Mr Ince will get a cracking manager. I don''t feel that the experience of having tried and failed will have diminished him in any way tbh.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Yes, but if they were successful they wouldn''t be looking for another job, would they?

And if we poached them, we''d have to look down the leagues instead of up. Would you be happy with that?

[/quote]

Well Mook the last successful Manager we "poached" from the lower leagues has done pretty well for himself and his teams wouldn''t you say?

What we need is fresh tactics, what Blackburn need is someone to get them out of relegation scrap, why don''t we swap managers?

It could even be a reality tv show - ''manager swap''.

Let''s do it the Norwich way and sign Paul Ince on loan from Blackburn, while loaning Glenn Roeder to them.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]...... he demands too much control over too many aspects of club life. ........ I think it would help ease out the board influence ......[/quote]

Eh? Ince was partly fired for NOT getting involved.

....and ease out the board influence over what?

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well Mook the last successful Manager we "poached" from the lower leagues has done pretty well for himself and his teams wouldn''t you say?

[/quote]I actually think poaching an up & coming manager is a brilliant idea, although not always successful (obviously). BUT i do think that most on here would whinge about the calibre of manager we attract in these "dark days of Delia" and ask for people like Paul Jewell, or Mike Newell, Aidy Boothroyd, and other "proven" managers.

[quote user="Smudger"]Ince would never work under Delia Smith.[/quote]

Reason? You think he''s sexist or are you trying to attribute the man with some form of implied intelligence based on your opinion of the good lady?

He''s as thick as ****

Why would he not work with Smith? She''s one of the nicest people you could possibly want to work with. You speak as if she''s some kind of dictator.

[quote user="Mook"] people like Paul Jewell, or Mike Newell, Aidy Boothroyd, and other "proven" managers.[/quote]

I assume thats supposed to be funny....

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]...... he demands too much control over too many aspects of club life. ........ I think it would help ease out the board influence ......[/quote] Eh? Ince was partly fired for NOT getting involved. ....and ease out the board influence over what?[/quote]

If this old fella can control his computer why can''t you?

Filling peoples'' pages with double dutch and hieroglyphics every day, I dunno............

The education system has a lot to answer for these days, I guess.......

Tidy up your posts please, there''s a good lad now IBA .....................

Dear oh dear

OTBC