Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Stolen from Wrath of the Barclay....

May be too sensible for some folk mind....

right, things are not as bad as some people are making out

Compared to a year / 18 months ago:

We have a better team, the permanent signings that Roeder has made have

pretty much all done well, I mean Sammy Clingan has to be almost the

best bit of business in the division.

We have better chances of getting decent loan players due to our

management team''s contacts. Could anyone imagine Grant being able to

have got Lita on loan if he was still in charge? Thought not.

We have a little bit of money to spend in Jan, which I think Roeder will spend wisely, experience tells us he will.

Whoever said Roeder cannot motivate a team, did you not watch the match

last Sunday? Arguabley our cup final (ish!) and the players were well

up for it, Roeder clearly had some impact on that?!

Basically we are moving forward, yes it''s slow, and we will lose games,

and we will play badly sometimes, but a lot of the time we are showing

we can play well and we can get results. Anyone expecting us to be

getting points from todays game needs their head examining, it''s

testament to our will and determination that we held one of the best

teams in the league for so long today.

Posted By: lmc on December 13th 2008 at 18:11:37

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Nurse!  [:S][/quote]We will always disagree on football probably Wiz, yet unlike others who just simply bare malice against the Manager and team, I think your just passionate.  I''d buy you a pint Sir.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Nurse!  [:S][/quote]

We will always disagree on football probably Wiz, yet unlike others who just simply bare malice against the Manager and team, I think your just passionate.  I''d buy you a pint Sir.

[/quote]

Cheers Andy. [Y]

Although I only drink Jack Daniels/Jim Beam and coke!

All depends on what you make the basis of your comparisons,

i:e compared with the year of the black death a present day struck-off doctor is magnificent.

Compared with a year ago every season was better than any previous year for City !

[quote user="AndyJR"]May be too sensible for some folk mind....

right, things are not as bad as some people are making out

Compared to a year / 18 months ago:

We have a better team, the permanent signings that Roeder has made have pretty much all done well, I mean Sammy Clingan has to be almost the best bit of business in the division.

We have better chances of getting decent loan players due to our management team''s contacts. Could anyone imagine Grant being able to have got Lita on loan if he was still in charge? Thought not.

We have a little bit of money to spend in Jan, which I think Roeder will spend wisely, experience tells us he will.

Whoever said Roeder cannot motivate a team, did you not watch the match last Sunday? Arguabley our cup final (ish!) and the players were well up for it, Roeder clearly had some impact on that?!

Basically we are moving forward, yes it''s slow, and we will lose games, and we will play badly sometimes, but a lot of the time we are showing we can play well and we can get results. Anyone expecting us to be getting points from todays game needs their head examining, it''s testament to our will and determination that we held one of the best teams in the league for so long today.

[/quote]

Roeder hopefully didn''t need to motivate a team against Ipswich.

That''s the only win from the last 5 games.

Roeder certainly had an impact against Watford when he stobbornly refused to make the changes to get a  result against a p!ss poor relgation rival.

things are as bad as some people are making out

In January, Lita, Kennedy and Sieberski will all be going back, maybe Bertand too. The Steffan Iversen move looks to have collapsed from lack of funds, and at the moment we''re reliant on three teams being worse than us.Now I like Glenn Roeder and think he''s the man for the job, but this is one hell of a mess.

[quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

is this guy on somee kind of drug?!

jas :)

I''m with the original poster. Yeah - it''s easy to jump up and down and throw toys out the pram - shout, scream and bellyache on a messageboard. It''s harder to have patience, it''s harder to build a decent team, but the rewards will hopefully be much, much better.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

is this guy on somee kind of drug?[/quote]

Explain? Or should I say justify that comment?

i gather it was you who posted in on WOTB then IBA?

"decent signings"!!! with the exception of Clingan roeders signings have been awful! Pattison has had some good games this season and chipped in with the odd goal but on the whole has been poor in his time here so far... giving the ball away and missing tackles as well as bottling aerial challenges.

So much was made of the singings of hoolahan and Bell yet neither of them have contributed anything to the norwich City cause.... Bell just seems to be offside constantly, and when he isn''t he is anonymous in the game!. Wolves apart Hoolahan hasn''t had a single decent game for us in his time here, he''s too small, too ligth weight and we dont have the players to look after him like Blackpool had.

the rest of the signings have been loans. Archibald-Henville was a figment of all our imaginations, as indeed is Omar Koroma...  Kennedy has spent most of his career in a hospital bd and at teams looks well off the pace, Omozusi looks poor, but did have a decent game against the binners...

Arturo Lupoli shows promise at times but also plays poorly regualrly.

as for Leroy Lita... when was the last time he scored? does he want to be here or is he just shop windowing himself...

the last one, the "great" antoine Siberski, a Journeyman at the end of his career, a complete waste of money on a duffer who''s legs of gone...

find me any example of any of these players contributing regularly? Fattisons goal against the scum will make him a hero, but for the most part he has been woeful....

Do you actually go to any games, Jas? And if you do, do you watch them? Did you notice Hoolahan against the s**m? Bell and Hoolahan are both decent players and bargains at this level. Pattison at Watford was excellent, particularly second half and has had several good games this season. Stefanovic was another decent signing and was expected to be our experienced "rock" at the back.

I agree we have some problems - playing 6 midfielders yesterday being one of them - and several of the loans have not come off (wonder if that''s why they are loans?) Koroma is a donkey, Kennedy is indeed slow and the most injury prone center back in the world and Sibierski (despite his being played out of position) has not really turned up. But I rate Lupoli and like most of us don''t understand why he doesn''t feature more, and Lita is the only goalscorer we have at the club, even if temporary. Omozusi has been excellent evrytime he has played at centreback, but often crap as a fullback.

The players that have really let us down are Otsemobor, Doherty, Bertrand and Russell - all of whom switch off for large parts of every game they play and either make basic errors that cost us goals or don''t concentrate enough to score them.

Just one other point though about the "we are better than last year" argument - we actually have fewer ponts now after 23 games than we had last year......

Nevertheless, I genuinely feel optimistic about the second half of the season and still think we are only own or two players away from being a decent team.

Jas you merely embarrass yourself with that drivvle. BBB accuses me of being Ralph Wright and now you conclude that I post on the WotB teen rant site. The software alone on that chat site is enough to stop anyone having a cherent discussion.

If you think we''re not playing significantly better football with these current players and that they haven''t made some excellent contributions then why not go see Chelsea where you can watch world class players week in week out.

Kennedy, Pattison, Clingan, Berty, Bell, Hoolahan et al have ALL had good games and bad games. This is Norwich. It happens at Real Madrid so quite what you expect on a limited budget I cant work out

To sound like a wrather for a minute - get real

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Good post jas.[/quote]How would you know?You don''t go to matches, nor do most of the miserable feckers that slag off the team constantly.Your little piece below your avatar sums you up...laughing at the binners manager...ON TV. I would say fair weather fan, but I''m not sure you''re even deserving of that.Your opinion is irrelevant and worthless.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Good post jas.[/quote]

How would you know?
You don''t go to matches, nor do most of the miserable feckers that slag off the team constantly.
Your little piece below your avatar sums you up...laughing at the binners manager...ON TV.
I would say fair weather fan, but I''m not sure you''re even deserving of that.
Your opinion is irrelevant and worthless.
[/quote]

Most will wisely also ignore thoughts from Herb-i-cide.

Roeder motivated the players?  a strike rate of three home games where the team actually turn up (at the 3 biggest home games - Brum, Wolves & Ipsh)  suggest that the players are motivated by themselves only when the big games come and that Roeder has no influence on their desire at all.

The only players to have performed consistently well are marshall and doc,  both are prone to mistakes but they turn up committed game in game out.   Clingan is as bad as wes,  can have an impact but does so far too inconsistently;  when he is good he is very very good,  when he is bad he is like  the rest of the team;  anonymous,  just as he was against Watford and Reading yest.

The playing staff appear to be typical footballers;   happy to take their over inflated wage week in week out and only performing when it suits them ,  with the management structure apparently unable to influence that,  and if my sources are correct, actually contributing to that I cant be bothered attitude.  

The whole coaching and playing staff continues to under-perform.  They could have been a contender;  but chose not to with their attitudes.  And it stinks.   

You''re talking out of you a*** jas.

Hoolahan has been played in the wrong position and has been superb in a more suiting role, Bell''s free kicks and deliverys have been quality check some out some of our more recent goals, Pattison has admittedly been hot & cold, Stefanovic is solid.

The loanee''s are hit & miss, but they are only loanee''s, we haven''t paid a transfer fee and we won''t have to pay up any lengthly contracts so it''s not the end of the world.

Question for you. Would you rather have Grant''s signings? What about Hamiltons? Or Riochs?

[quote user="Stone Cold"]Considering the amount of games you go to and the amount of posts who''ve got you know very little about football Jas.[/quote]

so if our players are so good and our team is so brilliant.. then why are we where we are in the league?

[quote user="Stone Cold"]Considering the amount of games you go to and the amount of posts who''ve got you know very little about football Jas.[/quote]

so if our players are so good and our team is so brilliant.. then why are we where we are in the league?

[/quote]

Nail - Hammer - Thwack

Jas I never said there are all fantastic players but they are no where are bad as you make out , The problem with our team is they are generally to small and not very physical I think if we had a large striker and commanding centre half in the team ( Like Roberts and Mackay for example ) we wouldn''t be far away from being a fairly decent side.

Re our league position this season up front we have been poor and missed a lot of chances if we''d taken them we would be higher in the table , However I would be the first to agree our league position is poor.

[/quote]

It is not the players we have got, it''s the players we have not got.   We have perhaps 7 or 8 players for a good team but they cannot succeed unless the remaining places are filled.   As has been said elsewhere, a good pair of strikers and a commanding centre back would turn the current team into a very strong proposition.    Just because your house does not have a roof and you can''t live in it does not mean the walls are dodgy!!

[/quote]Because we kep missing chances and letting in soft goals. We are not yet functioning well as a team but it does not mean that every player we have bought is useless nor that no progress has been made. With a couple of good signings we could have a halfway decent side.

[quote user="Badger"]

Because we kep missing chances and letting in soft goals. We are not yet functioning well as a team but it does not mean that every player we have bought is useless nor that no progress has been made. With a couple of good signings we could have a halfway decent side.
[/quote]

Nail - Head - Whack.

Jas, you''re the most negative person on this board, because you somehow manage to slant everything against our players. Pattison has been good this season but was crap before???? Well so has Croft! So why not just say he''s been good this season?? Sometimes young players need a chance to mature. Clingan is great, all players will go missing at times, Bell has been offside a lot but what about his positive contributions? It feels like we''ve had more goals from his set pieces in the last few games than over the last 3 seasons!

Watch Rooney, he will misplace passes, act a tw$t, be anonymous in certain games, etc etc. But he''s a very good player. No player is perfect. We have a few that let the side down, but in a good team, our better players will shine.

Can I have a whack, too?Last season the reason we were losing is because we were rubbish, in defence, in midfield and in attack. The last few weeks of the Grant regime saw us throroughly outplayed by Sheffield Wednesday and a terrible QPR team, as well as drawing 0-0 with an equally terrible Scunthorpe team.This season the reason we are losing is because (a) we have not been converting our chances and (b) our defence, which looks much more solid as a unit, is prone to ridiculous individual mistakes. We keep the ball better, we create many more chances, we often look like quite a good side. I can''t remember a single game under Grant when I could have said that,So we are much closer to being a decent side than we were a year ago. The problem is not with Roeder''s signings, who have been mostly good ones, it''s with individual errors and, I would say, with a lack of leadership in the team. Now many would say that this is Roeder''s responsibility, and I can see their point. But at the same time, and as ZLF nearly said, the players need to take responsibility. If they can show the sort of determination that they did against Ipswich (and vs Forest with 10 men), and play the sort of football they did against Birmingham and Wolves and in flashes in virtually every other game, why can''t they pick up more points?

[quote user="AndyJR"]

Basically we are moving forward,

[/quote]

LOL! Like starting a match without a forward on the pitch..........you know that no. 1 priority last summer.

Lets hope we sign some strikers during January 2009 in order to get some balance into the squad.