Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Rivers

I''m pleased for the lad, and also for Iwan who scored his first goal for Gillingham tonight to beat Leeds

I predict Rivers to have a stormer ths season. He showed at the start of last that he can play good football, he then lost confidence and some fans really got on his back. (sometimes a little harshly I felt) Ok he was lazy but his talent was still evident. Perhaps he needed encouragment not criticism.

With confidence and a smaller club he could just have found his niche.

As for Iwan- he is making me look out for the Gillingham results. With all our panic to find a strong forward - you wonder if we ditched the big man a season too early!!

i agree vicar

I felt we would give him a 1 season contract for these season, (even as back-up).
It would have saved money, and gave us more time to find a better player in the end.

Instead of rushing to find a new one!

~"AJ"~

I''m not even slightly convinced that we are ''rushing to find a new one''. Yes, Worthy has stated his desire to bring in another striker, but he also said it would have to be the right striker. I think it is the fans who want us to rush to find another target man, but personally I think we''re pretty well set as we are.

I would much rather sign another centre back than a striker......

Iwan was a legend, and still has a lot to offer, but probably not at Prem level. I think it was best for him to bow out while still a hero, rather than have a torrid season and fade away. I will look out for his results though!