Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Almost the 1st Anniversary of Dion knocking on the managers door.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Polar"] What i find quite funny is that Smudge bases his opinions on the board in terms of how much money they have to spend.

Quite amusing considering Leicester and much better off than us and their in league 1...

and Smudge, that garbage you said above is not fact, they are your opinions.

wise up.

tool.
[/quote]

Let us see how long Leicester are in Div 1 shall we, before we overly quick to criticise?

Do not forget that they are currently top of Div 1 and favourites to win it.

I wonder if we will have changed places with them this time next year Polar?

Something tells me that if we have then we will be a long way from sitting pretty off the top.

[/quote]

True colours here?

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Roeder does have to take some blame.   He has been given the budget to replace Dion,  but has spent so appallingly that his current best option is a midfielder who was here last season. 

Thats says so much about his own judgement.  

As most strikers are confidence players giving them a real chance (whether Jamie, Koroma, Lupoli) we may have at least played better football rather than trying the long ball game to a midfielder low on confidence who does not more, head or hold up the ball like a striker.  Poor poor judgement - killed the football in the team and the confidence in the squad in one easy stroke;  and continues to do so... 

[/quote]

Remind me how much Mr Roeder has spent again and then let me know who you would of signed as a permanent Striker on the paltry budget he has been given.

I will be very interested to see your list of quality strikers (even if you spent the entire budget on one player)... [:$]

[/quote]

Taking into account Roeders CV, coupled with his poor tenure here thus far, I''m amazed that you of all people are finding excuses for the man, smudger.

I yearn to see the back of the current Board just as much as you and many others, but defending Roeder and using the p*ss poor budget he''s been given is as flawed an excuse as any considering he spent the best part of  £15 million in getting West Ham relegated.

And that was 15 million smackers seven years ago!  [:$]
[/quote]

I can assure you that I am no fan of Roeder Shyster... I was one of the few on here who were not going cock-a-hoop about the man last season (during the 13 game unbeaten patch)... I said all through that period of time that I thought it was purely new manager syndrome.

No good bashing Roeder for having a poor record at West Ham or Newcastle either... We knew all of this before Delia & Co employed him with most of our fans backing.

For 90% of the fans to now be wanting Delia to show Roeder the door, then what would they of done differently with this enormous budget to strengthen the squad that Mr Roeder has had at his disposal???

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="CT "]Dion was a special player. I still think that if Roeder had had DECENT money to spend he''d have tried to replace Dion.....
[/quote]

Quite right CT... [Y]

Maybe Tilly or others think that Roeder could of brought a Quality Striker in spending just a £250,000 transfer fee?

Oh no, wait a minute... we tried that and got a winger/striker/midfielder/little boy lost with Wes Hoolahan didn''t we?

Remember the wee little midget who can''t play 3 games in a week and who hasn''t set up or scored a goal all season???

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... [:$] 

Looking for somebody to blame for us not signing a striker then I suggest you go and knock on Delia & Doomcaster''s door Tilly.

[/quote]

Hoolahan was ill midweek. You''ve never missed work through illness I assume then? 

[/quote]

I have never been paid thousands of pounds per week unfortunately MaccyD... if I had then maybe I could answer this question with an honest YES... [;)]

I would also like to point out that if I performed half as badly as Hoolahan has done with regards to results in any of my jobs for half a year then I would most likely than not be shown the door.

I thought Mr Roeder said that young Wes was simply not up to playing 3 games in a week, the poor little fella???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="CT "]Dion was a special player. I still think that if Roeder had had DECENT money to spend he''d have tried to replace Dion.....
[/quote]

Quite right CT... [Y]

Maybe Tilly or others think that Roeder could of brought a Quality Striker in spending just a £250,000 transfer fee?

Oh no, wait a minute... we tried that and got a winger/striker/midfielder/little boy lost with Wes Hoolahan didn''t we?

Remember the wee little midget who can''t play 3 games in a week and who hasn''t set up or scored a goal all season???

Looking for somebody to blame for us not signing a striker then I suggest you go and knock on Delia & Doomcaster''s door Tilly.

[/quote]

Hoolahan was ill midweek. You''ve never missed work through illness I assume then? 

[/quote]

I have never been paid thousands of pounds per week unfortunately MaccyD... if I had then maybe I could answer this question with an honest YES... [;)]

I would also like to point out that if I performed half as badly as Hoolahan has done with regards to results in any of my jobs for half a year then I would most likely than not be shown the door.

I thought Mr Roeder said that young Wes was simply not up to playing 3 games in a week, the poor little fella???

[/quote]Your right there! it was what Roeder said, i''m not convinced that Wes Hoolahan would agree with that statement though!

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Quite right CT... [Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Your right there! it was what Roeder said, i''m not convinced that Wes Hoolahan would agree with that statement though![/quote]

I wouldn''t say that either... I would say Mr Roeder is being kind to the young Irish Wizard there.

I would say that Wes has difficulty playing ONE game per week... hence his crap performances all season... and the fact that he hasn''t scored or set up any goals yet this season... [;)]

He''s only started 12 games Smudger and has only played 2/3 in his best position where he has looked much better.

[quote user="cityangel"]He''s only started 12 games Smudger and has only played 2/3 in his best position where he has looked much better.[/quote]

Ahh bless the poor little Irish mite... he has only started 12 games because he was dropped from the side because he is cr@p

Add to those, all of the games which he has come on from the bench and the little fella has had more than enough opportunity to show what he can do (ie: not very much).

Wes Hoolhan is a portent of what this whole Norwich team is all about... full of players who can run around in pretty little circles, or who knock the ball about aimlessly (until they give it to the opposition), usually with no end product.

A lesson to all that do not seem to understand... the time for playing pretty football and not caring about the results passes when children hit their teenage years... from that point onwards results are everything.

Wes Hoolahan was brought to Norwich to creates chances and score a few goals... he is failing on both counts and has had more than enough chances.

"A lesson to all that do not seem to understand... the time for playing pretty football and not caring about the results passes when children hit their teenage years... from that point onwards results are everything."

This is the reason that England has a failing national team and generally our players lack skill and finese. Egotistical fools like yourself managing kids teams and telling them "if in doubt, kick it out".

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I do love Dion as a player and a person but legend is a bit over the top. he was here for just under 2 seasons in which 1 was our worst for over 50 years, so i wouldnt quite put him down as a legend.[/quote]

except everyone who remembers him regards Trevor Hockey as a legend after what some 20 games?   Legend status is not necessarily about longevity.  Many players were here a long time without becoming legends Darryl Sutch anyone.   It is much more complex and reflects the relationship with the fans.  I would not begrudge Dion legend status but it is too soon to know.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]"A lesson to all that do not seem to understand... the time for playing pretty football and not caring about the results passes when children hit their teenage years... from that point onwards results are everything." This is the reason that England has a failing national team and generally our players lack skill and finese. Egotistical fools like yourself managing kids teams and telling them "if in doubt, kick it out".[/quote]

Do I tell them that?  Do I, do I???  No, I didn''t think so... [:$]

Of course it is also about not giving the ball away cheaply (a lesson that most City players have yet still to learn).

The reason for England failing is tat the FA pick weak willed managers who on the whole are unable to stand up to mugs like you and the National Press.

Capello is doing very well at the moment, but I believe he will bottle it when it comes to the crunch... he will send out a team which the press have picked for him leaving rising stars like Abonlahor and Young not getting a sniff.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Fuglestad"]"A lesson to all that do not seem to understand... the time for playing pretty football and not caring about the results passes when children hit their teenage years... from that point onwards results are everything." This is the reason that England has a failing national team and generally our players lack skill and finese. Egotistical fools like yourself managing kids teams and telling them "if in doubt, kick it out".[/quote]

Of course it is also about not giving the ball away cheaply (a lesson that most City players have yet still to learn).

The reason for England failing is tat the FA pick weak willed managers who on the whole are unable to stand up to mugs like you and the National Press.

Capello is doing very well at the moment, but I believe he will bottle it when it comes to the crunch... he will send out a team which the press have picked for him leaving rising stars like Abonlahor and Young not getting a sniff.

[/quote]Then you know very little about Capello. The reason for Englands failing is for me down in the grass roots, where as Fuglestad says, kids are taught that nothing but results matter. In England we much to much emphasis on passion and work rate and not enough on actual technical ability. English fans love a player who runs all day and chases dopwn lost causes like rooney, but not so much the players with the actual skill to make something happen. If England had a Leo Messi or Ronaldo he would have been kicked out of the game in his teens by big lumps who are told the most important things is to ''put your foot in.''

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]
Then you know very little about Capello. The reason for Englands failing is for me down in the grass roots, where as Fuglestad says, kids are taught that nothing but results matter. In England we much to much emphasis on passion and work rate and not enough on actual technical ability. English fans love a player who runs all day and chases dopwn lost causes like rooney, but not so much the players with the actual skill to make something happen. If England had a Leo Messi or Ronaldo he would have been kicked out of the game in his teens by big lumps who are told the most important things is to ''put your foot in.''
[/quote]

Or like you and your liking for Lee Croft maybe???

Of course that Wayne Rooney has no skill at all does he?   I would never want to see a player like him in a City Shirt.... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Then you know very little about Capello. The reason for Englands failing is for me down in the grass roots, where as Fuglestad says, kids are taught that nothing but results matter. In England we much to much emphasis on passion and work rate and not enough on actual technical ability. English fans love a player who runs all day and chases dopwn lost causes like rooney, but not so much the players with the actual skill to make something happen. If England had a Leo Messi or Ronaldo he would have been kicked out of the game in his teens by big lumps who are told the most important things is to ''put your foot in.'' [/quote]

Of course that Wayne Rooney has no skill at all does he?   I would never want to see a player like him in a City Shirt.... [:$]

[/quote]Ok first you assume I have a liking for Lee Croft, based on what exactly? I think he is one of the few city players with the pace to threaten full backs, but not the end product. An example of the kind of player I was talking about would be Leon McKenzie, honest, gave his all, but technically pretty limited.And I never said Rooney has no skill. Maybe I should have made it clearer but it was a comparison with plyers like Messi and Ronaldo. We like to hold up Rooney as an amazing young layer but he doesnt have anywhere near the skill of either of those two.And finally I was talkingabout the England team. At no point do I mention City at all. Personally if Rooney wanted to play for NCFC I would be delighted. I was offering my opinion on why the England team is failing and you have not made one valid point to argue with it if that was what you were trying to do. Better luck next time. 

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]
Then you know very little about Capello. The reason for Englands failing is for me down in the grass roots, where as Fuglestad says, kids are taught that nothing but results matter. In England we much to much emphasis on passion and work rate and not enough on actual technical ability. English fans love a player who runs all day and chases dopwn lost causes like rooney, but not so much the players with the actual skill to make something happen. If England had a Leo Messi or Ronaldo he would have been kicked out of the game in his teens by big lumps who are told the most important things is to ''put your foot in.''
[/quote]

[/quote]
Ok first you assume I have a liking for Lee Croft, based on what exactly? I think he is one of the few city players with the pace to threaten full backs, but not the end product. An example of the kind of player I was talking about would be Leon McKenzie, honest, gave his all, but technically pretty limited.
And I never said Rooney has no skill. Maybe I should have made it clearer but it was a comparison with plyers like Messi and Ronaldo. We like to hold up Rooney as an amazing young layer but he doesnt have anywhere near the skill of either of those two.
And finally I was talkingabout the England team. At no point do I mention City at all. Personally if Rooney wanted to play for NCFC I would be delighted. I was offering my opinion on why the England team is failing and you have not made one valid point to argue with it if that was what you were trying to do. Better luck next time.

[/quote]

In my opiniuon the England team is failing because by the time this competition hots up, no doubt Capello will go back to the tried and tested, failed format of picking a team which the press has picked from players exclusively at the big 4 or 5 clubs.

You can bet your bottom dollar that when it really matters, players like Walcott, Agbonlahor and Young will be used sparingly at best.

Bring on any team in the world and ask them to play a current England side with a manager who is big enough to pick his side when it really matters and I would fancy us against anybody at the moment.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Then you know very little about Capello. The reason for Englands failing is for me down in the grass roots, where as Fuglestad says, kids are taught that nothing but results matter. In England we much to much emphasis on passion and work rate and not enough on actual technical ability. English fans love a player who runs all day and chases dopwn lost causes like rooney, but not so much the players with the actual skill to make something happen. If England had a Leo Messi or Ronaldo he would have been kicked out of the game in his teens by big lumps who are told the most important things is to ''put your foot in.'' [/quote]

[/quote]Ok first you assume I have a liking for Lee Croft, based on what exactly? I think he is one of the few city players with the pace to threaten full backs, but not the end product. An example of the kind of player I was talking about would be Leon McKenzie, honest, gave his all, but technically pretty limited.And I never said Rooney has no skill. Maybe I should have made it clearer but it was a comparison with plyers like Messi and Ronaldo. We like to hold up Rooney as an amazing young layer but he doesnt have anywhere near the skill of either of those two.And finally I was talkingabout the England team. At no point do I mention City at all. Personally if Rooney wanted to play for NCFC I would be delighted. I was offering my opinion on why the England team is failing and you have not made one valid point to argue with it if that was what you were trying to do. Better luck next time. [/quote]

In my opiniuon the England team is failing because by the time this competition hots up, no doubt Capello will go back to the tried and tested, failed format of picking a team which the press has picked from players exclusively at the big 4 or 5 clubs.

You can bet your bottom dollar that when it really matters, players like Walcott, Agbonlahor and Young will be used sparingly at best.

Bring on any team in the world and ask them to play a current England side with a manager who is big enough to pick his side when it really matters and I would fancy us against anybody at the moment.

[/quote]There you go! Now personally I dont agree with what you say about Capello but only time will tell. I hope I''m right and your wrong obviously. I do agree that the FA are a bunch of useless buggers though.

I hope I am wrong on Capello too King... and I must admit I am not sure whether he will be big enough or not to pick his team when it really matters.

He has shown signs that he could be a great manager for us, but he has also shown signs that he just may bottle it when the heat is eventually put on him.

The players that I mentioned above with Upson, Barry, Woodgate and Bridge recently pulling on England shirts have been like a breath of fresh air... I hope that this kind of bold approach continues!!!

Totally agree, was good to see Agbonlahor get a go too. I have also been very impressed that he has managed to get some good performances out of Stuart Downing as well. He is staying true to his word on only picking fit players, hence Beckham''s recent exclusion along with Owen and he seems set against playing Gerrard and Lampard together. If he sticks to these ideas he will succeed and I believe he has the balls with McClaren lacked to stand up to these players egos.

I don''t like Stuart Downing much, but must agree that I was gobsmacked with the outstanding performance he put in against the Germans... [:O]

Just imagine if we go to a world cup with Downing on one flank and SWP on the other, with Barry and Lampard in the middle. This allows us to have off the bench Young, Walcott, Gerrard, Agbonlahor maybe. Scary amount of pace there.