Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Almost the 1st Anniversary of Dion knocking on the managers door.

It is almost a year since Dion told the manager that he was hanging up his boots and what has been done by the manager? Oh i forget it must be Delia''s fault or maybe Peter Grant.

Lupoli loan,Lita loan(thanks to a fan),Sit on his arseki loan.Whats his name from Portsmouth loan.

Is this honestly the best that could have been done in twelve months?

My tin hat is on.

I know he may not be the answer to that problem but you did conveniently miss Carl Cort off that list

[quote user="CT "]Dion was a special player. I still think that if Roeder had had DECENT money to spend he''d have tried to replace Dion.....
[/quote]

Quite right CT... [Y]

Maybe Tilly or others think that Roeder could of brought a Quality Striker in spending just a £250,000 transfer fee?

Oh no, wait a minute... we tried that and got a winger/striker/midfielder/little boy lost with Wes Hoolahan didn''t we?

Remember the wee little midget who can''t play 3 games in a week and who hasn''t set up or scored a goal all season???

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... [:$] 

Looking for somebody to blame for us not signing a striker then I suggest you go and knock on Delia & Doomcaster''s door Tilly.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="CT "]Dion was a special player. I still think that if Roeder had had DECENT money to spend he''d have tried to replace Dion.....
[/quote]

Quite right CT... [Y]

Maybe Tilly or others think that Roeder could of brought a Quality Striker in spending just a £250,000 transfer fee?

Oh no, wait a minute... we tried that and got a winger/striker/midfielder/little boy lost with Wes Hoolahan didn''t we?

Remember the wee little midget who can''t play 3 games in a week and who hasn''t set up or scored a goal all season???

Looking for somebody to blame for us not signing a striker then I suggest you go and knock on Delia & Doomcaster''s door Tilly.

[/quote]

OMG! Smudge.....i agree with you! Im all for Roeder but im now with you on your board stance.

Dion Dublin was a great target man and could play many different roles in the team. He was a natural leader in our team and i think he was one of the things that kept us in the chamionship last season. If we do not get another natural leader like Dion in January, then the rest of the season could be doom and gloom and i feel that we will slip even further down in the table. Mr Roeder, it''s time to get an experienced striker that can lead this team insted of playing your best friend Fozzy.

Come on you yellows !!!

[/quote]

Dion Dublin was a free Transfer... do we need decent money to replace him? or just a good scouting network and a manager with a bit of nous?

jas :)

Dion Dublin was a not a legend...

He was an ageing striker/centre back who played in two of the worst City sides in the last 50 years.

Maybe Roeder should pursuede him out of retirement, so that he can make that 3 of the worst City sides in the last 50 years.

He was a big reason for why NCFC were nearly relegated last season.

You all slag Cureton off who was top scorer... Dublin played nearly every game... remind me how many he scored again.

Those are facts... everything that supports your guys legendary status is farcical nonsense.

I do love Dion as a player and a person but legend is a bit over the top. he was here for just under 2 seasons in which 1 was our worst for over 50 years, so i wouldnt quite put him down as a legend.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Dion Dublin was a free Transfer... do we need decent money to replace him? or just a good scouting network and a manager with a bit of nous?

jas :)

[/quote]

My point exactly JAS... we have no money to get any quality in on permanent deals.

We are left looking at free transfers or loanees whether we like it or not.

As for Dion... maybe Roeder is performing too well in the free transfer loanee market?

Dion and Fotheringham, or Lita and Clingan???

I know who I would prefer!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I do love Dion as a player and a person but legend is a bit over the top. he was here for just under 2 seasons in which 1 was our worst for over 50 years, so i wouldnt quite put him down as a legend.[/quote]i''d agree that dions leadership and fighting/leadership qualities were legendary - but sure aw - as a player he way off being a NCFC leg imo...

re op - yeah, our forward line-up hasn''t been good enough,,,but more tellingly for me, its approaching the 1st anniversary of losing tiny taylor on loan - and our botched attempts to sign him on a permanent basis...this failure, and the laughable jan window dealing was really a sign for me, that the purse strings were loosened just enough to save us from the chop - but that real promotion ambition, as ever, is always a distant aim...trouble is - this time around - the turners have gone, we''re losing money, and if the signing of a aging journeyman in the shape of carl cort, is anything to go by, we''re in for a tough winter...

What i find quite funny is that Smudge bases his opinions on the board in terms of how much money they have to spend.Quite amusing considering Leicester and much better off than us and their in league 1...and Smudge, that garbage you said above is not fact, they are your opinions.wise up.tool.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

It is almost a year since Dion told the manager that he was hanging up his boots and what has been done by the manager? Oh i forget it must be Delia''s fault or maybe Peter Grant.

Lupoli loan,Lita loan(thanks to a fan),Sit on his arseki loan.Whats his name from Portsmouth loan.

My tin hat is on.

[/quote]

No need to put your tin hat on, as, in my opinion, you''ve hit the nail on the head.

It beggars belief when you hear the majority shareholder ask the AGM meeting, "what should we do?" Similarly, when Delia suggested that the reason for their silence was, "they were hoping for an offer."

For god sake, we have a serious problem here. At year end there was just over 33,000 Ordinary Shares available for purchase. That''s just under a £1M of potential new equity at £30 a go. Okay, there''s just under 300,000 preference shares to buy, which would givea staggering £30M of new funds, but, no voting rights.

PC is right to resist buying D&M''s ordinary shares, as it give no new captial to the Club. He wanted to buy new shares, but, as shown above, this would only give a limited amount of new equity.

This all begs the question, what does our CEO do for his £170K a year? Should he not be leading a co-oridnated approach for new investment? Should he not have been talking to the likes of Harris twelve months ago, rather than "hoping for an offer" to emerge from the woodwork?

The whole approach seems ham fisted and mismanaged from start to finish. [:@]

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

My tin hat is on.

[/quote]

No need to put your tin hat on, as, in my opinion, you''ve hit the nail on the head.

It beggars belief when you hear the majority shareholder ask the AGM meeting, "what should we do?" Similarly, when Delia suggested that the reason for their silence was, "they were hoping for an offer."

For god sake, we have a serious problem here. At year end there was just over 33,000 Ordinary Shares available for purchase. That''s just under a £1M of potential new equity at £30 a go. Okay, there''s just under 300,000 preference shares to buy, which would givea staggering £30M of new funds, but, no voting rights.

PC is right to resist buying D&M''s ordinary shares, as it give no new captial to the Club. He wanted to buy new shares, but, as shown above, this would only give a limited amount of new equity.

This all begs the question, what does our CEO do for his £170K a year? Should he not be leading a co-oridnated approach for new investment? Should he not have been talking to the likes of Harris twelve months ago, rather than "hoping for an offer" to emerge from the woodwork?

[/quote]agreed gaz - but imo the maj shareholders exit plan went west when the turners turned tail - and now - the club is unsaleable in the current economic conditions (there are no buyers in the footy market),, imo the club cannot afford to lose £10k a day CURRENTLY,,,and this position is likely to erode significantly - especially if its income falls off a a cliff...i fear that assets (players) will be sold in jan...and for a club in trouble, its usually the the good''ns that are cherry picked at knockdown prices,,,ouch...i estimate (purely on economic grounds) that ST sales could be down 4k this renewal season...hopefully, it won''t be as bad as that cos city fans are a loyal bunch (for whatever reason), but as well as people losing jobs - many people are finding their perks/overtime slashed or cut back to zero - leaving their disposal income under considerable pressure and i cannot believe this won''t impact NCFC''s income in turn...a 10-20% fall is realistic???the worldwide economic undertainty, is causing investrors to be wary - and asset prices are undervalued - nows the time to pick up a bargain!!!but how much is NCFC worth???

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

My tin hat is on.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the CE is fully aware - that if a new investor came in.......he''d be on his way out......

I think the clubs financial plight its simply more spin tbh - extremely scary spin, but spin nonetheless. I really can''t believe that these people on mega bucks can be sitting there like rabbits in the headlights - with no financial planning and no clue. It just doesn''t add up.

Roeder does have to take some blame.   He has been given the budget to replace Dion,  but has spent so appallingly that his current best option is a midfielder who was here last season. 

Thats says so much about his own judgement.  

As most strikers are confidence players giving them a real chance (whether Jamie, Koroma, Lupoli) we may have at least played better football rather than trying the long ball game to a midfielder low on confidence who does not more, head or hold up the ball like a striker.  Poor poor judgement - killed the football in the team and the confidence in the squad in one easy stroke;  and continues to do so... 

[quote user="Polar"] What i find quite funny is that Smudge bases his opinions on the board in terms of how much money they have to spend.

Quite amusing considering Leicester and much better off than us and their in league 1...

and Smudge, that garbage you said above is not fact, they are your opinions.

wise up.

tool.
[/quote]

Let us see how long Leicester are in Div 1 shall we, before we overly quick to criticise?

Do not forget that they are currently top of Div 1 and favourites to win it.

I wonder if we will have changed places with them this time next year Polar?

Something tells me that if we have then we will be a long way from sitting pretty off the top.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Roeder does have to take some blame.   He has been given the budget to replace Dion,  but has spent so appallingly that his current best option is a midfielder who was here last season. 

As most strikers are confidence players giving them a real chance (whether Jamie, Koroma, Lupoli) we may have at least played better football rather than trying the long ball game to a midfielder low on confidence who does not more, head or hold up the ball like a striker.  Poor poor judgement - killed the football in the team and the confidence in the squad in one easy stroke;  and continues to do so... 

[/quote]

Remind me how much Mr Roeder has spent again and then let me know who you would of signed as a permanent Striker on the paltry budget he has been given.

I will be very interested to see your list of quality strikers (even if you spent the entire budget on one player)... [:$]

Dion is a legend...not a NCFC legend but a legend. If you compare the career of him and another so called legend Huckerby, Dion s**ts all over his record. He played at the top level for a long long time, played for Manchester United, Aston Villa and various other clubs. He was at the tail end of his career but to see a 37, 38 year old put in as much effort as he did to a club he owed nothing marks him out as a legend in my opinion. Oh and he headbutted Robbie Savage [:D].By the way the above statment is not meant to be bashing Hucks in any way the man was a true NCFC legend. As for this thread it makes me think one thing Smudger- why dont you argue like this more often? People would listen more if you made valid points like you do now rather than winding people up and calling people sheep and cretins. Maybe a new years resolution?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Remind me how much Mr Roeder has spent again and then let me know who you would of signed as a permanent Striker on the paltry budget he has been given.

I will be very interested to see your list of quality strikers (even if you spent the entire budget on one player)... [:$]

[/quote]

Taking into account Roeders CV, coupled with his poor tenure here thus far, I''m amazed that you of all people are finding excuses for the man, smudger.I yearn to see the back of the current Board just as much as you and many others, but defending Roeder and using the p*ss poor budget he''s been given is as flawed an excuse as any considering he spent the best part of  £15 million in getting West Ham relegated.And that was 15 million smackers seven years ago!  [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Dion Dublin was a not a legend...

He was an ageing striker/centre back who played in two of the worst City sides in the last 50 years.

Maybe Roeder should pursuede him out of retirement, so that he can make that 3 of the worst City sides in the last 50 years.

He was a big reason for why NCFC were nearly relegated last season.

You all slag Cureton off who was top scorer... Dublin played nearly every game... remind me how many he scored again.

Those are facts... everything that supports your guys legendary status is farcical nonsense.

[/quote]

Despite your extreme opinions about the board I had assumed you must have some vague understanding of the game of football. This post proves otherwise. Stop posting this nonsense.

Dion was a great player, basically managed the team on the pitch. He was constantly organising and instructing, and without him we would almost certainly have been relegated.

He didn''t score many but he enabled others to score, he also played in defense fairly often. Dion is also one of only around thirteen players to have scored 100 premier league goals. He is a fantastic example of a footballer in this cynical modern age, and is widely respected by all. But then you have to disagree don''t you?

You do not watch Norwich City matches this is a fact.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Taking into account Roeders CV, coupled with his poor tenure here thus far, I''m amazed that you of all people are finding excuses for the man, smudger.I yearn to see the back of the current Board just as much as you and many others, but defending Roeder and using the p*ss poor budget he''s been given is as flawed an excuse as any considering he spent the best part of  £15 million in getting West Ham relegated.And that was 15 million smackers seven years ago!  [:$][/quote]So by your logic if a manager failed at one club he is a bad manager? So the list of bad managers shall then include........Phil BrownSam AllerdyceMick McCarthyPaul Sturrockand many many more

[/quote]

I do wish you would stop beating this boring , useless drum CT. There isn''t any decent money so your posts are getting very tideous. You souund like the small child in the Supermarket crying to his mummy ! I want, I want, I want:".

Roeder, and his re-organised scouting system need to go out and find one. After all there are enough guys playing football Saturday/Sunday.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Quite right CT... [Y]

[/quote]

Hoolahan was ill midweek. You''ve never missed work through illness I assume then? 

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I do love Dion as a player and a person but legend is a bit over the top. he was here for just under 2 seasons in which 1 was our worst for over 50 years, so i wouldnt quite put him down as a legend.[/quote]

I''d agree fully with this Arthur.