Sign in to follow this  
Welsh NorwichFan

Bell or Croft?

With the speculation that we are going to lose Bell, thought id do a poll to see if people would prefer to keep Croft or Bell. Now i think i''m right in thinking that Bell has much left longer on his contract than Croft. We also haven''t had much of a chance to see Bell play on the right wing because Croft has been there( although why they don''t swap around more in games is anybodies guess)

Like another poster has suggested, the Bell for Ward move is terrible if we then lose Croft in Jan too. Purely for crossing ability, i''d keep Bell i think although is a tough one!

If i had to choose?

Difficult because while crofty runs up and down the right wing with pace Bell is the best crosser at the club IMO.

Can we merge them both together and give Cov the rubbish end product?

Croft, better all round player. Brings more to the team and works harder as well.

I''d be very worried if he lost him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="GJP"]

if he lost

[/quote]

*if we lost

[/quote]

* when we lose

[/quote]

:-(

Should never have got to this stage with his contract.

Croft for me. Although having said that Bell is more versatile, he can play anywhere in midfield (which he has done at Luton) ... Versatility is a great asset

Bell is the better footballer IMO but (eg in the Ipswich game) he seems reluctant to go past his man sometimes but looks to pass or cross his way out of trouble. Croft does run with the ball but his delivery needs improvement. At present though Croft has had the publicity and would be more sought after. We need both in the squad as things are. Shackell anyone?

Would sooner keep Bell. He is the only decent crosser of the ball at the club. Plus we all know Croft can be crap when he wants to be, Bell is a more consistant footballer.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Would sooner keep Bell. He is the only decent crosser of the ball at the club. Plus we all know Croft can be crap when he wants to be, Bell is a more consistant footballer.[/quote]

Is Bell actually more consistent?

I''m not sure. He''s had a couple of good games and a couple where he''s been fairly useless.

Not really fair to Bell, as he is being played out of position.   But on what we''ve seen this season, Crofty is faster, works harder, scores more, and worries the opposition more. 

To lose either winger might be considered a misfortune.  To lose both would look like carelessness.

Bell without doubt!

Croft still has no end product despite his wonder goal!

Anywhere near A million pond for Croft and i will personally drive him to his destination!!

Think we''ve got problems with out of contract players?

http://www.clubfanzine.com/ipswich_town/v2.showNews.php?id=16725