Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Re: Fan against fan

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Thanks for confirming my suspicions lappin and butler.  Just wanted to leave the question open to see if what I thought was right.[/quote]

Interesting stuff guys. Funnily enough,we are currently acquiring an interest in a business in Norwich and are actively looking at printers, with Smudger''s company being one of the names in the frame. I hardly need tell you that the frame is now slightly smaller.

Me too. Perhaps we should start an IOG club?I mean, I''m sure Mars bars used to be bigger. Music was much better when I were a lad ......mumble mutter .....

Shack, that''s feckking brilliant!!!!! There''s a lot of undiscovered talent on here - certainly more than in those bloody ''talent'' shows on telly.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

You''re a good poster Beau and I think you often make a lot of decent points but I''m not really sure what you''re trying to say here.

There have always been divisions on this message board, ''fan against fan'' as you put it. Whether it''s regarding the abilities of an individual player, the manager, the board or whether we like the most recent kit. It''s just human nature and I suspect it''s replicated on internet forums across a broad range of topics. When you''re discussing matters that people care passionately about, amongst strangers (in the most part) who have the added benefit (?) of anonymity divisions are always going to occur. Add into the mix the fact that we''re doing so badly at present and you''ve got a fairly volatile atmosphere. From time to time we all post things that we may not dream of saying in real life and act in ways that are totally out of character. I''ve posted stuff in the past that has probably crossed a line that I wouldn''t cross if I was in a room full of strangers rather than behind a computer screen.

I only posted once yesterday on a thread entitled ''RIP Norwich City'' or something similar. Now take a step back and look at that thread title again. It''s completely over the top to start a thread such as that based on an item of transfer speculation and I was quite happy to tell the poster that. I don''t think that necessarily adds to the divisions that are already here and I don''t think it really reflects any divisions that exist in the fan base as a whole.

The divisions that exist on this message board are not always replicated at matches themselves. If they were the ground would be half empty or full of fans with ''Delia Out'' painted on their bed sheets or packed with saucer of milk lapping cardigan wearing Guardian readers [;)]. Enjoy the divisions that exist here as they provide plenty of opportunities for fans who don''t take themselves too seriously to have a laugh. As long as we all get behind the team on match days it doesn''t really matter.

[/quote]

I always enjoy your posts too Shack,and have in fact nearly fouled my breeches as a result of reading your Smudger skit!

The points that you make are very valid.I know there will always be divisions,and that that''s half the fun of the forum, but what prompted me to post was what I perceived as unnecessary point scoring against people who were only using the forum for what it was designed for, ie discussing news and stories relating to Norwich City. With a bit of thought I could see that the swap story was probably rubbish, but putting people down simply because they reacted to a Pink''un headline story just got my goat. As I''ve discussed with Ron, I think we ''re all a bit stir crazy at present because we are helpless in terms of changing things,and maybe that''s made me more curmudgeonly than usual!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Isn''t this close to breaking the Pink Un''s code of practice guys?[/quote]Pardon?Could you explain please?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

You''re a good poster Beau and I think you often make a lot of decent points but I''m not really sure what you''re trying to say here.

There have always been divisions on this message board, ''fan against fan'' as you put it. Whether it''s regarding the abilities of an individual player, the manager, the board or whether we like the most recent kit. It''s just human nature and I suspect it''s replicated on internet forums across a broad range of topics. When you''re discussing matters that people care passionately about, amongst strangers (in the most part) who have the added benefit (?) of anonymity divisions are always going to occur. Add into the mix the fact that we''re doing so badly at present and you''ve got a fairly volatile atmosphere. From time to time we all post things that we may not dream of saying in real life and act in ways that are totally out of character. I''ve posted stuff in the past that has probably crossed a line that I wouldn''t cross if I was in a room full of strangers rather than behind a computer screen.

I only posted once yesterday on a thread entitled ''RIP Norwich City'' or something similar. Now take a step back and look at that thread title again. It''s completely over the top to start a thread such as that based on an item of transfer speculation and I was quite happy to tell the poster that. I don''t think that necessarily adds to the divisions that are already here and I don''t think it really reflects any divisions that exist in the fan base as a whole.

The divisions that exist on this message board are not always replicated at matches themselves. If they were the ground would be half empty or full of fans with ''Delia Out'' painted on their bed sheets or packed with saucer of milk lapping cardigan wearing Guardian readers [;)]. Enjoy the divisions that exist here as they provide plenty of opportunities for fans who don''t take themselves too seriously to have a laugh. As long as we all get behind the team on match days it doesn''t really matter.

[/quote]

I always enjoy your posts too Shack,and have in fact nearly fouled my breeches as a result of reading your Smudger skit!

The points that you make are very valid.I know there will always be divisions,and that that''s half the fun of the forum, but what prompted me to post was what I perceived as unnecessary point scoring against people who were only using the forum for what it was designed for, ie discussing news and stories relating to Norwich City. With a bit of thought I could see that the swap story was probably rubbish, but putting people down simply because they reacted to a Pink''un headline story just got my goat. As I''ve discussed with Ron, I think we ''re all a bit stir crazy at present because we are helpless in terms of changing things,and maybe that''s made me more curmudgeonly than usual!

[/quote]

You Never[;)]

Listened to Sudgers song for Delia this morning "Jimmy Nail  Aint no doubt"

THERE WON''T BE SOMEBODY ELSE THAT''S TRUE, SHE''S LYING

SAY YOU''LL ALWAYS BE MY FRIEND SWEET DARLING

WHY DOES SHE PRETEND

AIN''T NO GOOD IT''S PLAIN TO SEE

A WOMAN LIKE YOU''S NO GOOD FOR ME

ETC

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Isn''t this close to breaking the Pink Un''s code of practice guys?[/quote]

Pardon?
Could you explain please?
[/quote]

Picking on an individual Ron.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Isn''t this close to breaking the Pink Un''s code of practice guys?[/quote]Pardon?Could you explain please?[/quote]

[/quote]Which you never do .....I started keeping a record at one point .......What a total prat, berk and idiot you really are YC.1st Wizard wrote the following post at 01/07/2008 11:12 AM:You total tool!Why can''t thick arseholes like you understand,Its dick heads like you11/07/08 I''ve ignored arseholes like you16/07

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Isn''t this close to breaking the Pink Un''s code of practice guys?[/quote]Pardon?
Could you explain please?[/quote]Picking on an individual Ron.[/quote]Wiz, you take a bit of flack and you can dish it out too but it''s usually good humoured and it''s clear that underneath it all, you are a City fan.

Smudger, on the other hand, derides and belittles every aspect of Norwich City Football Club from the board, manager, players fans etc. He seems hellbent on destroying this football club and for that reason deserves everything thrown his way.

This is a Norwich City message board for Norwich City fans and you''ll never convince me that smudger is one of them.

Every country has its'' problems HC, the US also has slums (Louisiana post hurricane), and political prisoners ( Guantanamo ). blahblahblah

Of course they do. But when they are as deep seated as those in China and India and North Korea, I find it offensive that their governments are spending money on nuclear weapons and satellites while people starve.

Actually , much of Louisiana''s cityscape was a slum well before the hurricane.  Even so, the comparable wealth of the poorest in Lousiana would qualify as at least middle class in Calcutta.  As for Guantanamo, POWs are not considered political prisoners.  People who speak out against the government and get thrown in prison for it are.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Isn''t this close to breaking the Pink Un''s code of practice guys?[/quote]

Pardon?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Which you never do .....

I started keeping a record at one point .......

What a total prat, berk and idiot you really are YC.
1st Wizard wrote the following post at 01/07/2008 11:12 AM:

You total tool!
Why can''t thick arseholes like you understand,
Its dick heads like you
11/07/08

I''ve ignored arseholes like you
16/07
[/quote]

Thats not what I mean Ron and you damn well know it (Although I''d have preferred links to your quotes) this attack on Smudger is page after page by different posters, hardly the same is it?

Oh, and a word to the wise matey, if a poster attacks me first I will reply in a similar manner..............I noticed you omitted their orignal replies to me? Hmm?................................. I wonder why?[:|]

[quote user="The Butler"]

You Never[;)]

Listened to Sudgers song for Delia this morning "Jimmy Nail  Aint no doubt"

THERE WON''T BE SOMEBODY ELSE THAT''S TRUE, SHE''S LYING

SAY YOU''LL ALWAYS BE MY FRIEND SWEET DARLING

WHY DOES SHE PRETEND

AIN''T NO GOOD IT''S PLAIN TO SEE

A WOMAN LIKE YOU''S NO GOOD FOR ME

ETC

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

OR maybe a bit of Muddy Waters:

The meanest woman I most ever seen
I asked for water she brought me gasoline, oh
The meanest woman boy I most ever seen
I asked her for water and she come runnin'' with gasoline

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Pardon?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Which you never do .....

You total tool!
Its dick heads like you
11/07/08

16/07
[/quote]

Thats not what I mean Ron and you damn well know it (Although I''d have preferred links to your quotes) this attack on Smudger is page after page by different posters, hardly the same is it?

Oh, and a word to the wise matey, if a poster attacks me first I will reply in a similar manner..............I noticed you omitted their orignal replies to me? Hmm?................................. I wonder why?[:|]

[/quote]

With respect Wiz, I enjoy a joust with you,for exactly the same reasons as Lap. What you have here is a consensus amongst people who are sick to death of the unnecessary personal insults that Smudger trots out. At the end of the day, if someone calls you a knob on here once or twice its funny, but when it seems to happen every day it starts to get a tad wearing.

I think you tend to reap what you sow on here,and Smudger has done a great deal of sowing recently.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Isn''t this close to breaking the Pink Un''s code of practice guys?[/quote]

Why''s that Dave ?

Cheers

Justin.
[/quote]

Lol!![:D][Y]

Pardon?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Which you never do .....

You total tool!
Its dick heads like you
11/07/08

16/07
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Wiz

If you check back on this thread alone  you will see that it was mainly goon natured banter between  CITY fans.

Then you know who decides to interject with his usual childish insults. That was out of order totally.

If some of us then respond in a more busines like and refined manner thats not persecution.

I have noticed that you only insult AFTER being attacked fair dues.

[quote] POWs are not considered political prisoners.  People who speak out against the government and get thrown in prison for it are.[/quote]  But they aren''t POWs, which is why they are in Guano.  They''re "illegal combatants", which is why they got put offshore.  And in my opinion they are political prisoners, because their actions are politically motivated under the guise of religious fundamentalism.  Wasn''t the war in Iraq a politcal decision after all ?It staggers me that you put China & India in the same bracket as North Korea, who as far as I''m aware have never launched space mission, they are more interested in missiles and warheads (something else that the US has more of than everyone else).  And their space dollars are just as justifiable as yours.If you''re saying that no-one should go into space until everyone has 3 square meals a day, I agree with you.  If you''re saying that the US should go into space while the others shouldn''t, then you''re talking out of the thing you''re trying to cover.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Pardon?
[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair Wiz if you spend your whole time on here dishing it out you should expect to get some back every now and again*. I''ve never had any problems with anything that Smudger has posted and have never complained about him but I do think he brings a lot of this kind of stuff upon himself and I reserve the right to dish some of it out. If the mods deleted every post that picked on an individual there probably wouldn''t be an awful lot left.

* For the avoidance of any doubt Wiz this is not referring to you [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Caller : Hello Mr Smith I''m interested in having a poster printed for my son.

Smudger : Certainly Sir, may I ask where you''re calling from.

Caller : Erm Norwich as it happens.

Smudger : *Sighs* I suppose you''re a City fan.

Caller : Yeah

Smudger : *Takes deep breath* You do realise you''re a laughing stock with other football fans due to the way you and the rest of the sheep have been conned by The Cook and her celebrity hangers on into accepting rubbish football for the past four years without once complaining like real fans of teams like Newcastle have don''t you.

Caller : That''s an impressively long sentence without using any punctuation. I know plenty of other fans who don''t consider us a laughing stock but anyway what can we do? Now about these posters.....

Smudger : Rubbish. I know two Newcastle fans, one Man City fan, a Liverpool supporter and a Rochdale supporter and they spend all day making jokes about Norwich. Why did the Norwich fan cross the road? Because he was a thick, idiotic fool and Delia told him to! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! What can you do? Protest of course, I''ve done it loads of times. Only the other day I staged a dirty protest in the staff toilets when my secretary told me she thought Delia had done some good for the club.

Caller : Erm.......OK. Now about these posters.

Smudger : What are you after.

Caller : I''d like an A3 poster of the open top bus ride when Norwich won The Championship a few years back. I''ve got a nice picture that I took on the day with all the staff on board including Delia and Mic.....

Smudger : F*ck off!

[/quote]

[:D]  As another poster has previously mentioned, you have a talent there.Seriously - if you''ve never written or submitted material before I think it wouldn''t be a waste of your time in formulating an idea for a sit-com or some such.When you''re satisfied with what you''ve got, acquire an up to date ''Writers and Artists Yearbook'' for addresses and send out a synopsis to as many companies as possible. 

Agree to disagree on enemy combatants being political prisoners or POWs.  Calling them combatants indicates they are involved in a war, but I guess I am silly that way. Hitler''s actions were politically motivated, but his captured soliders were POWs.

I threw N Korea into the equasion to reinforce the utter ridiculousness of nations spending massive amounts on projects while people go hungry on a rgular basis. It was not related to space missions. I don''t think Zimbabwe should be spending money on those sorts of things either, and they aren''t. But it is still a huge mess getting worse rapidly.

Why would you think I was saying nobody should go to the moon?  Sure, it would not be anything new, but if countries with expendable income want to do it, go ahead.  Do you seriously believe the US never landed men on the moon?  If so, then I will change my approach to this discussion from light to shattering. 

[quote]I threw N Korea into the equasion to reinforce the utter ridiculousness of nations spending massive amounts on projects while people go hungry on a rgular basis.[/quote]

And nobody was going hungry in america in the 50s and 60s ?

[quote] Do you seriously believe the US never landed men on the moon?  If so, then I will change my approach to this discussion from light to shattering.  [/quote]

Not really.  I would find it amusing if they hadn''t been there, and if that was proven by China or India.  If Hubble was ever going to be used for a pub bet, it would be to determine whether the lunar cars are up there.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]I threw N Korea into the equasion to reinforce the utter ridiculousness of nations spending massive amounts on projects while people go hungry on a rgular basis.[/quote]

And nobody was going hungry in america in the 50s and 60s ?

[quote] Do you seriously believe the US never landed men on the moon?  If so, then I will change my approach to this discussion from light to shattering.  [/quote]

Not really.  I would find it amusing if they hadn''t been there, and if that was proven by China or India.  If Hubble was ever going to be used for a pub bet, it would be to determine whether the lunar cars are up there.

[/quote]

* lights blue touchpaper and waits for inevitable explosion *

Pardon?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Which you never do .....

You total tool!
Its dick heads like you
11/07/08

16/07
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wizard, show me a post from me at any time in the past that refers to you in a similar manner as you have me. You can''t and you know it. Lie about it if you wish but you and I both know better.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Isn''t this close to breaking the Pink Un''s code of practice guys?[/quote]Pardon?Could you explain please?[/quote]

[/quote]Which you never do .....I started keeping a record at one point .......What a total prat, berk and idiot you really are YC.1st Wizard wrote the following post at 01/07/2008 11:12 AM:You total tool!Why can''t thick arseholes like you understand,Its dick heads like you11/07/08 I''ve ignored arseholes like you16/07[/quote]

[/quote]The reason I didn''t bother to quote the original replies was because I was keeping a record to refute a statement you made that you never personally insult other posters.From memory (& as somebody else has said) none of the other posters'' comments were remotely as personal, offensive or insulting as yours.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
The reason I didn''t bother to quote the original replies was because I was keeping a record to refute a statement you made that you never personally insult other posters.
From memory (& as somebody else has said) none of the other posters'' comments were remotely as personal, offensive or insulting as yours.
[/quote]

As per usual, you want to make/change this post to one about me. My orignal gripe was about posters ganging up on Smudger, but thats not you want is it? thread corrupting and point scoring off me is more your style Ron.

I''m flattered that you want to ''collect'' a selected few of my replies Ron, but I say again, why haven''t you shown their replies to me and this message board?...............I think you damn well know why don''t you? [:|]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Pardon?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Which you never do .....

You total tool!
Its dick heads like you
11/07/08

16/07
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wizard, show me a post from me at any time in the past that refers to you in a similar manner as you have me. You can''t and you know it. Lie about it if you wish but you and I both know better.

[/quote]

Come off it Yank, you were a 100% hypocrite with your crawling PM''s to me, then being plain nasty to me on the message board.

You deserved it!

And nobody was going hungry in america in the 50s and 60s ? - No, nobody. That would not include children being neglected by rotten parents, of course, but otherwise, there were no mass slums teeming with skeletal people picking through garbage trying to find sustinence.

Why would it be amusing if China or India proved there had been no US mission to the moon? Have India or China ever been there?  The conspiracy nuts base their theories on easily disproven evidence, anyways.  Are they going to get there any time soon?  What purpose would it serve for them to repeat something done almost 40 years ago, other than to amuse you?  "Hey, look at us!  We just did something the Americans did half a life time ago. Yipee!"  It would be even more disgraceful if that is where there space programs were aimed, but as far as I know, they are not.   

[quote]Why would it be amusing if China or India proved there had been no US mission to the moon? Have India or China ever been there?  The conspiracy nuts base their theories on easily disproven evidence, anyways.  Are they going to get there any time soon?  What purpose would it serve for them to repeat something done almost 40 years ago, other than to amuse you? [/quote]

I''m guessing you''d have to be either not an american, or maybe a coastal american to see the irony in this.  All the sensible people live on the sides after all, right ? [:p]  I''m not very good at German, but would the word Schadenfreude cover this ?  Apart from amusing me, I believe that the space race in asia is a smaller version of what happened between the US and the soviets - 3 powers aspiring to be the biggest in their area.  The one that gets there first gets bragging rights.  There are also believed to be economic benefits, you could argue that the space industry creates jobs I suppose.

[quote]What purpose would it serve for them to repeat something done almost 40 years ago, other than to amuse you?  "Hey, look at us!  We just did something the Americans did half a life time ago. Yipee!"  It would be even more disgraceful if that is where there space programs were aimed, but as far as I know, they are not.[/quote]

A bit of light googling gave me these articles which suggest that the asian sub-continent is very much interested in going to the moon.

Reuters claim that China will aim to be on the moon within 15 years. 

Peoples Daily explain why China wants to go to the moon.  Oddly, "To amuse pinkun message board poster blahblahblah" isn''t mentioned, I guess I didn''t make the edit.

BBC article details Indias'' moon ambitions.

Japan would like to construct a research base on the moon by 2025.