Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Re: Fan against fan

[quote user="ncfcstar"]thumbs up to you mate, but I think the problem you''re talking about is endemic to this board anyway![/quote]

Great post BTW Beauseant.

And ncfcstar It''s not isolated to this board, lots of message boards are the same on many different sports.

I''m not saying its isolated to this board, I was simply saying that it is one of this boards MAIN features.

Thanks guys. I think it just demonstrates how much impotent anger has build up amongst the fan base. We''re all disatisfied to varying degrees with what is (and isn''t!) happening at the club, but accept that there''s not really much that we can do other than wait for developments. Unfortunately the frustration of this is increasing spilling over into the sort of pathetic point scoring that I was alluding to. I do it too so I''m not sqeaky clean on the issue, but I just find it sad that the inertia at the club and poisonous efforts of certain posters have driven this increasingly obvious wedge between different groups of fans.[:@]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Nicely put Sir. Reminds me of the Monty Python sketc "you are only here for an argument" "No I''m not"

Some even believed the wellington bomber found on moon story.

I can''t really see the board and Roeder being that Kamikazee but who knows.

Is this just another rumour put out by PC to destabalise the board OR....................

All great fun[<:o)]

[/quote]

You mean that''s not true.... I saw the photo!!!!! Thank heavens there''s still Father Christmas to believe in![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Thanks guys. I think it just demonstrates how much impotent anger has build up amongst the fan base. We''re all disatisfied to varying degrees with what is (and isn''t!) happening at the club, but accept that there''s not really much that we can do other than wait for developments. Unfortunately the frustration of this is increasing spilling over into the sort of pathetic point scoring that I was alluding to. I do it too so I''m not sqeaky clean on the issue, but I just find it sad that the inertia at the club and poisonous efforts of certain posters have driven this increasingly obvious wedge between different groups of fans.[:@][/quote]

Good post one I agree with very much, with the state of the club at the mo the wedge between fans can only grow. A shame but reality i''m afraid.....

I''m waiting for India or China to land on the moon, only to find that the Americans never got there.  Because if the US did get there, there would still be those lunar cars they had, and the flag, and bits of debris from the lunar landers too.

I started to write a long post about how I''ve been on this board for ages and rarely bother posting because of my lack of respect for some of the most regular posters (or should I say moaners) and how I''m sick of every thread being twisted to fit their own personal agendas but I really can''t be arsed so I''ll just leave it at this. I hope you all have great personal lives because if I believed your forum personalities to be anything like your real personalities then I''d expect the suicide rate in Norfolk to be through the roof and businesses to be failing due to the number of employees being signed off with depression.Merry Christmas to you all.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

Nicely put Sir. Reminds me of the Monty Python sketc "you are only here for an argument" "No I''m not"

Is this just another rumour put out by PC to destabalise the board OR....................

[/quote]

You mean that''s not true.... I saw the photo!!!!! Thank heavens there''s still Father Christmas to believe in![:D]

[/quote]

Only if his ASBO lets him out far enough having been put on the list last year for climbing on peoples roofs and causing soot damage!

I''ve always struggled to see why a board full of people who love Norwich City Football Club, have a passion for football in general and a hatred of Ipswich, can be at each other''s throats so much. I used to post on the official site waaaaaay back in the day but gave up due to most people on there seeming to be about 12 and the rest were ''Guardian Angel'' types that roamed around picking holes in people''s arguments or spelling, just for the sake of it.

I''m waiting for India or China to land on the moon - blahblahblah

That would be awesome, especially for the slum dwellers in Calcutta or the political prisoners in China to know that their country had made it to the moon.  It would really give them hope.  Yay them!  I mean, look what all that space travel did for the Soviets. [:P]

For the HC haters, that was some of the sarcasm I wrote of on another thread. Lighten up.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

That would be awesome, especially for the slum dwellers in Calcutta or the political prisoners in China to know that their country had made it to the moon.  It would really give them hope.  Yay them!  I mean, look what all that space travel did for the Soviets. [:P]

For the HC haters, that was some of the sarcasm I wrote of on another thread. Lighten up.

[/quote]

You don''t have to explain that on here, the is an English board. (joke by the way[;)])

And yes, Beausant, great post.  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Like most people I logged onto the site this morning and nearly choked on my coffee at the lead story, before posting my initial reaction. I really rate Bell and would hate to lose him, but I also appreciate the dire state of our defensive resources.

However, what has really struck me on reflection is how so many fans seem so ready to jump at each others throats and claim the moral or intellectual high ground. Looking around the threads I see dismissive posts along the lines of "you surely don''t believe anything the press says" or "everything the board says is a lie".I can''t speak for anyone else,but I believe that the press get some things right and some things wrong, and that the board (or any board for that matter) will produce information of variable accuracy.That''s life and I don''t consider myself more clever or more stupid than any other poster for having that view.

What does annoy me is when people''s particular agendas (dislike of the press, the board, the manger etc) are trotted out  as a means of scoring points against fellow supporters who are using a forum to post their reaction to an article posted on the forum host''s Home page. There probably is nothing in it, or maybe there is. I don''t know for sure either way,any more than those who are metaphorically looking  down their noses at their fellows and calling them " drama queens" because they haven''t yet become as institutionally cynical as themselves.This is a forum, a place for debate. Sometimes we debate a load of rubbish, but its a place for City supporters to come together and wind each other up, make each other laugh, or whatever.Maybe there is nothing in the Bell story, but it is a story in the press, so its not unreasonable that people are posting their reactions. sSo, if you consider yourself above such things perhaps you would be better off musing on how superior you are to be able to dismiss a story, the actual facts of which you have no more idea about than the rest of us, than taking cheap shots at your fellow fans.

[/quote]

agreed! you are one of the posters who can take everyones opinion on board and reasonably debate it without resorting to name callig in most cases....

we all have our views on situations at the club... i have my views on Bell/Ward swap.... perhaps it is true... perhaps it isnt.. the next few weeks will reveal all... but i''d like to think people can take on board opnions and then add their point of view to it as well....

jas :)

[/quote]i would second that jas...

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Like most people I logged onto the site this morning and nearly choked on my coffee at the lead story, before posting my initial reaction. I really rate Bell and would hate to lose him, but I also appreciate the dire state of our defensive resources.

However, what has really struck me on reflection is how so many fans seem so ready to jump at each others throats and claim the moral or intellectual high ground. Looking around the threads I see dismissive posts along the lines of "you surely don''t believe anything the press says" or "everything the board says is a lie".I can''t speak for anyone else,but I believe that the press get some things right and some things wrong, and that the board (or any board for that matter) will produce information of variable accuracy.That''s life and I don''t consider myself more clever or more stupid than any other poster for having that view.

What does annoy me is when people''s particular agendas (dislike of the press, the board, the manger etc) are trotted out  as a means of scoring points against fellow supporters who are using a forum to post their reaction to an article posted on the forum host''s Home page. There probably is nothing in it, or maybe there is. I don''t know for sure either way,any more than those who are metaphorically looking  down their noses at their fellows and calling them " drama queens" because they haven''t yet become as institutionally cynical as themselves.This is a forum, a place for debate. Sometimes we debate a load of rubbish, but its a place for City supporters to come together and wind each other up, make each other laugh, or whatever.Maybe there is nothing in the Bell story, but it is a story in the press, so its not unreasonable that people are posting their reactions. sSo, if you consider yourself above such things perhaps you would be better off musing on how superior you are to be able to dismiss a story, the actual facts of which you have no more idea about than the rest of us, than taking cheap shots at your fellow fans.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another rumour put out by PC???  Oh dear, oh dear now I have heard everything.... [:$]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Thanks guys. I think it just demonstrates how much impotent anger has build up amongst the fan base. We''re all disatisfied to varying degrees with what is (and isn''t!) happening at the club, but accept that there''s not really much that we can do other than wait for developments. Unfortunately the frustration of this is increasing spilling over into the sort of pathetic point scoring that I was alluding to. I do it too so I''m not sqeaky clean on the issue, but I just find it sad that the inertia at the club and poisonous efforts of certain posters have driven this increasingly obvious wedge between different groups of fans.[:@][/quote]

mmm been doing it on another thread this evening havent you Beau???

You say that I am the hypocrite??? [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Except he says he has in the post smudger. None of us are above this sort of points scoring sort of stuff unfortunatley.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Except he says he has in the post smudger. None of us are above this sort of points scoring sort of stuff unfortunatley.[/quote]regretfully have to second that too...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Except he says he has in the post smudger. None of us are above this sort of points scoring sort of stuff unfortunatley.[/quote]regretfully have to second that too...[/quote]I said it first!!! Point Scored!

Beausant, I apologise if i upset you with my ''Drama Queen'' remark, it was meant to be a tongue in cheek sorta reaction to the hysteria which breaks out all to easily. There I go again, calling NCFC fans hysterical .....I thunk the reason fans turn on each other (well, actually, it always seem to be the ones who think the World''s about to end snarling at those who think it''s a teeny-weeny bit less catastrophic than that) is that they can''t get at those they hold really responsible.Some people just need scapegoats.

It''s democracy.

We all have to live with it - or b*gger off to North Korea or Cuba et al where they won''t have us anyhow anyway.

Nil desperandum.

OTBC

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

Every country has its'' problems HC, the US also has slums (Louisiana post hurricane), and political prisoners ( Guantanamo ).

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I doubt it is in the same league as you Smudge, you are the current world champion.[/quote]

blub, blub, blub... Beau is a prize knob with bells on!!! [:D]

[/quote]

OK Smudger.I''ve had enough now.

Last week you ran to the mods because you were getting stick.When I brought this up on the board you made a libellous statement to the effect that I had abused your business on the forum.I asked you to back it up but,as usual when faced with a tricky situation of your own making, you hid away.However, you seem to think it acceptable to continue to post personal abuse about me.I could easily report this post,but I''m made of tougher stuff than you.However,I will not warn you again.

[/quote]

It does make you wonder, when you consider that people now know the name of his company, whether he considers posting in this manner to be good publicity.  But then you could argue that all publicity is good publicity.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I doubt it is in the same league as you Smudge, you are the current world champion.[/quote]

blub, blub, blub... Beau is a prize knob with bells on!!! [:D]

[/quote]

OK Smudger.I''ve had enough now.

Last week you ran to the mods because you were getting stick.When I brought this up on the board you made a libellous statement to the effect that I had abused your business on the forum.I asked you to back it up but,as usual when faced with a tricky situation of your own making, you hid away.However, you seem to think it acceptable to continue to post personal abuse about me.I could easily report this post,but I''m made of tougher stuff than you.However,I will not warn you again.

[/quote]

It does make you wonder, when you consider that people now know the name of his company, whether he considers posting in this manner to be good publicity.  But then you could argue that all publicity is good publicity.

[/quote]

No it''s not as I will make sure that he never gets any work from my companies as I would bet several other business people on here will.

He interjects only with insults, a joke between Beau and I about PC becomes another bullet to fire from his pop gun And a dip into his Beano book of dirty insults for 12 year olds.

The guy is a prize ****

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I doubt it is in the same league as you Smudge, you are the current world champion.[/quote]blub, blub, blub... Beau is a prize knob with bells on!!! [:D][/quote]OK Smudger.I''ve had enough now.

Last week you ran to the mods because you were getting stick.When I brought this up on the board you made a libellous statement to the effect that I had abused your business on the forum.I asked you to back it up but,as usual when faced with a tricky situation of your own making, you hid away.However, you seem to think it acceptable to continue to post personal abuse about me.I could easily report this post,but I''m made of tougher stuff than you.However,I will not warn you again.[/quote]It does make you wonder, when you consider that people now know the name of his company, whether he considers posting in this manner to be good publicity.  But then you could argue that all publicity is good publicity.

[/quote]If you ran a business in Norfolk and were aware that he considered Norfolk people as "fools, idiots and thick" would you consider him when you needed printing done? I don''t think many would.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Beausant, I apologise if i upset you with my ''Drama Queen'' remark, it was meant to be a tongue in cheek sorta reaction to the hysteria which breaks out all to easily. There I go again, calling NCFC fans hysterical .....
I thunk the reason fans turn on each other (well, actually, it always seem to be the ones who think the World''s about to end snarling at those who think it''s a teeny-weeny bit less catastrophic than that) is that they can''t get at those they hold really responsible.
Some people just need scapegoats.
[/quote]

Sorry Ron, I just remembered the drama remark and used it as an example.Your point was,in fact, a very good one.I think that you''ve hit on something that I alluded to in alter post, ie the feeling of impotence that all of us who realise that one man revolutions and calling Delia nasty names isn''t going to change anything suffer from.Or perhaps I''m becoming an irritable old git![:D]

Caller : Hello Mr Smith I''m interested in having a poster printed for my son.

Smudger : Certainly Sir, may I ask where you''re calling from.

Caller : Erm Norwich as it happens.

Smudger : *Sighs* I suppose you''re a City fan.

Caller : Yeah

Smudger : *Takes deep breath* You do realise you''re a laughing stock with other football fans due to the way you and the rest of the sheep have been conned by The Cook and her celebrity hangers on into accepting rubbish football for the past four years without once complaining like real fans of teams like Newcastle have don''t you.

Caller : That''s an impressively long sentence without using any punctuation. I know plenty of other fans who don''t consider us a laughing stock but anyway what can we do? Now about these posters.....

Smudger : Rubbish. I know two Newcastle fans, one Man City fan, a Liverpool supporter and a Rochdale supporter and they spend all day making jokes about Norwich. Why did the Norwich fan cross the road? Because he was a thick, idiotic fool and Delia told him to! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! What can you do? Protest of course, I''ve done it loads of times. Only the other day I staged a dirty protest in the staff toilets when my secretary told me she thought Delia had done some good for the club.

Caller : Erm.......OK. Now about these posters.

Smudger : What are you after.

Caller : I''d like an A3 poster of the open top bus ride when Norwich won The Championship a few years back. I''ve got a nice picture that I took on the day with all the staff on board including Delia and Mic.....

Smudger : F*ck off!