Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

David Bell for Elliot Ward?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]A good defence makes a team, and at the moment we don''t have a good defence. Bell was brought in to replace Croft, a player who Roeder wasn''t a great fan of, mainly due to his total lack of fitness. At present Crofty is probably our best attacking asset, Roeder knows that, so is being forced to play Bell on the wrong (left) side. My view is that his performances haven''t been that great, defenders know he always wants to cut inside, so he rarely beats his man, and if he does the delivery with his left peg is often poor. If there is any player that we can afford to lose, and one that is worth some money, then in my eyes Bell is the one to go. [/quote]

absoulute bollox mate

Could be the start of some serious "one upmanship" type pressure by GR to get more funds.

Knowing how he normally works it seems odd that he has let this one slip out.

Perhaps he was just singing Jingle Bells and the reporter filled in the gaps!!

Before anyone starts chucking teddies out of prams, this is purely speculation by the most reliable (!?) Archant group.

Don`t send the posse out `til it`s confirmed  :)

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Gobsmacked by this. I see no point in blaming Roeder,who is only making a logical decision about the squad as a whole,but if its true it says an awful lot about how bad a state we are in,and how exactly does this tally with the statement that Roeder will be backed in the window?

[/quote]

With all due respect do you really believe everything this board of directortors says?!?!?

hello norwich fans

being rumoured over here aswell that ward could join norwich. and the general feeling is that fans would be very dissapointed if he left and certainly wouldnt want to swap him for bell. we are hoping for near to the two million mark for him and im not sure that coleman rates bell as much as two million when we were not prepared to meet the 400k asking price in the summer. i think the swap deal is very unlikely to go through and im not sure you will be able to afford elliot either.

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Gobsmacked by this. I see no point in blaming Roeder,who is only making a logical decision about the squad as a whole,but if its true it says an awful lot about how bad a state we are in,and how exactly does this tally with the statement that Roeder will be backed in the window?

[/quote]

With all due respect do you really believe everything this board of directortors says?!?!?

[/quote]

And with the EDP saying Croft will go to Sheffield utd in January. where do go next, Lge 2, 4th Division,

ARE YOU WATCHING DELIA

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And with the EDP saying Croft will go to Sheffield utd in January. where do go next, Lge 2, 4th Division,

ARE YOU WATCHING DELIA

[/quote]

So you believe the EDP over Michael Foulger even after the Cullum fiasco?

Ah yes...it`s in the paper so it must be true!!!

[quote user="Gazza"]

How can anyone seriously balme Roeder for this, just shows that he is working with his hands tied!. The only disgrace at our club are the fools in the boardroom and our celebrity chef for running the club into the ground! DELIA OUT!

[/quote]
So Roeder isn''t to blame, would that be the same

Roeder who sold young injury free Shackle and brought in Injury prone Stefanovic

and Kennedy, lets get real GR is making a hash of it.

If you can only afford a small squad you need to

make sure the players you bring in are not injury liabilities and can make it

through a season - did someone shout Carl Cort?

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

Sadly I don''t think it''s a case of him losing the plot but clearly puts in to pespective how skint we are.

Presumably he is thinking we can cover Bell''s position from within the squad but we have no centre half cover with Dejan and Kennedy out for differing reasons.

I guess with no more investment it''s needs must  and I presume Foulger''s comments about investment available, earlier in the week, is set on someone else coming in.

Lets not start slagging Roeder off any more when if you step back a second you can see what he is trying to do with little or no money.

[/quote]no... if roeder makes this move i will 100% be wanting him out... it makes no sense. people who have read my views before will know i back the manager quite a bit... but if he does this... i want him out more than any manager before him. why when we loan players left right and centre can''t we just loan another centre back? selling our best passer of a ball would be criminal and out of line... i don''t usually get angry but when i read that artical this morning it made me pretty cross... probably as i know it is the kind of thing norwich do... he was part of the ''new hero'' chat roeder had about replacing huckerby... if we sell him we are in a worse position than we were last season by far. especially if croft goes to sheff utd....!!!

outragous... utterly outragous. As fans we deserve so much more...if this happens heads should roll... norwich fans get the worst deal in the whole entire league...

[quote user="Big Ginge"]Absolutely unbelievable - -[/quote] Then don''t believe it. End

Well, I hope its papertalk.

No matter how dreadful the situation is regarding our defence, trading in one of our most creative -and fast becoming very popular- players is hardly going to improve matters overall, getting Ward in might be one step forward defence-wise, but getting rid of Bell, well, as far as the midfield is concerned, thats two steps back.

I do wonder if Bell hasn''t intimated that he is unhappy anyway-hasn''t one of our players been reported as feeling promises made to him when he joined haven''t been fulfilled and he is unhappy as a result of that. Again, that could be talk, but, even so, more than one person has cited such an issue or similar. So it might be a case of shifting him out quietly and resolving that problem accordingly. But again, who knows, we can all speculate as much as we like.

Crofty is reported -more papertalk?- as being interested in joing Sheff Utd, true or not, if both these stories have some substance in them, then thats two popular and valuable players gone, not a good situation however you look at it., especially when the goal is to get our "own" squad over the next few seasons.

I can see how Croft could see Sheff Utd as being a better option for him, so wouldn''t be at all surprised if he took up the option to leave.

Not good. Lots of loanees going soon, if one, two, whatever, of our "own" players are off too, well-anyone fancy a game?

This is clearly rubbish there ARE rules that don''t allow a player to move more than once permanently in a season.

Sorry I apologise "FIFA rules prevent a player appearing for three sides in the same campaign", but still there is nothing here to make us believe it to be true. If they understand something, then it''s clearly a rumour.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Gazza"]

How can anyone seriously balme Roeder for this, just shows that he is working with his hands tied!. The only disgrace at our club are the fools in the boardroom and our celebrity chef for running the club into the ground! DELIA OUT!

[/quote]

So Roeder isn''t to blame, would that be the same Roeder who sold young injury free Shackle and brought in Injury prone Stefanovic and Kennedy, lets get real GR is making a hash of it.

If you can only afford a small squad you need to make sure the players you bring in are not injury liabilities and can make it through a season - did someone shout Carl Cort?

[/quote]

Not as much as certain other people at the club thats for sure!, what about the couple of years prior to Roeder being in charge?. Whats the regular theme that runs over our failure?!?!?!? DELIAR!

who expects to see Clinkers traded for Lita?

our midfield and defence is shocking... if this happened it would be even worse and would be pointless in having Lita here.. a striker without service is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

i thought the board said we''d have money to spend in the window.. or was that B****ks as usual?

trading Bell to get Ward is like robbing peter to pay Paul.. weakening an already awful midfield to bolster struggling defence is not going to fix the problem when the midfield is split open easier than soggy paper.

what has the club come too?

Come on Delia, get Cullum on board NOW! then perhaps we can keep Bell and BUY ward.

jas :)

Do you lot seriously think that Foulger would come out with a bare-faced lie about money being available??!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!! The board are not stupid, they know they is big unrest among the fans at the moment, there is clearly money available for Roeder otherwise this would be the final nail in the boards coffin and a laughable PR mistake.

Get a grip... EVERYONE!

I remember when it was reported that Croft was off to Wigan so I won''t believe this until it happens. Looks suspiciously like rubbish though. There''s nothing in that story which suggests that it''s true.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Do you lot seriously think that Foulger would come out with a bare-faced lie about money being available??!!!!!! [/quote]

money for loan wages = cash available....think about it....

and do i think the club would lie about Money being available.. well "Lee Clarke has not been approached by Huddersfield" springs to mind.. as is "Dean Ashton is injured and we have proof" on the day we were playing the club he would sign for in the FA cup.. so i''ll leave you to speculae that one.

jas :)

I love rational discourse in the morning.The team begins with the defence. If you have no defence, you have nothing. And I''d suggest its highly likely that Bell is unsettled himself.

And I honestly don''t think the board can come out with statements like that in the position they are in if all they are hinting at is loan investment.

Jas, take a step back, if you were on the board right now, and realised the growing number of fans who are becoming, well, disillusioned, would you come out with a statement saying there would be money available if, in the end, all it was was money for loan contracts? Of course you wouldn''t.

The whole Lee Clark thing has been blown out of proportion as well, people taking the side of the story they want to see and not looking into what may actually have happened.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Do you lot seriously think that Foulger would come out with a bare-faced lie about money being available[/quote]

Err? in a word............yes![:|]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]If people don''t believe a single thing the board say, why are people so convinced City are skint? I fail to see how you can have it both ways.[/quote]People hear what they want to hear, and ignore things that don''t fit in with their pre-conceived notion of ''how things are''.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]And I honestly don''t think the board can come out with statements like that in the position they are in if all they are hinting at is loan investment. Jas, take a step back, if you were on the board right now, and realised the growing number of fans who are becoming, well, disillusioned, would you come out with a statement saying there would be money available if, in the end, all it was was money for loan contracts? Of course you wouldn''t. The whole Lee Clark thing has been blown out of proportion as well, people taking the side of the story they want to see and not looking into what may actually have happened.[/quote]

At the AGM the board had no idea about how fans were feeling, so why is now any different?

Yes well you can take my quote of of context if you like Wiz, I also mentioned how in the current state of affairs it would be a PR BLUNDER. You may like to think the board are stupid, and will do anything to make them come across that way, but they themselves will realise when problems, larger than they have faced before, will come from stupid comments which are untrue.

They are no longer in the position to tell us lies, I will be the first to apologise if I am found out to be mistaken, but I just can not see it happening.