Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

David Bell for Elliot Ward?

Is Glenn Roeder serious or has he well and truly lost his marbles? He would willingly swap David Bell for Elliot Ward... despite Bell being one of the most technically gifted squad members! We have waited so long for a crosser of the ball and a set piece taker, now we finally have one for an absolute bargain, and it looks like he could be out the door so soon...

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED17%20Dec%202008%2008%3A45%3A51%3A023

Don''t get me wrong, I think Ward is a terrific defender at this level and a defender I have wanted to see in a City shirt for a while now, but are things that desperate we have to swap our best buy for a few seasons?

A new, staggering low point for NCFC. Desperately shoring up a threadbare, cobbled together defense with one of our only creative players, whom we spent considerable time and effort to sign, and who is now bedding nicely into the team.Utterly depressing.

Sadly I don''t think it''s a case of him losing the plot but clearly puts in to pespective how skint we are.

Presumably he is thinking we can cover Bell''s position from within the squad but we have no centre half cover with Dejan and Kennedy out for differing reasons.

I guess with no more investment it''s needs must  and I presume Foulger''s comments about investment available, earlier in the week, is set on someone else coming in.

Lets not start slagging Roeder off any more when if you step back a second you can see what he is trying to do with little or no money.

I meant to say: shoring our defense up by sacrificing one of the only creative players we own. One of the few who we as fans can claim is "ours", one of the few that could go on and mean something to us.Never mind what this says to the rest of the team, or what it does for squad morale. Or, for that matter, what it says to potential new recruits. Why the hell come to Norwich City? Honestly?I cannot beleive this.Would someone from the "we are going in the right direction" brigade please comment on this?What - I cant hear you?

WTF is he doing...........????????????????I am a GR fan but I will be severly pissed off if this turns out to be true.

[quote user="Duffman"]WTF is he doing...........????????????????

I am a GR fan but I will be severly pissed off if this turns out to be true.
[/quote]

This clearly isn''t his fault as he does need a centre back but there is no money. Bell is currently being played out of position on the left and he''d probably be playing on the right if we didn''t have Croft. So Hoolahan will go back to left midfeild then... My worry i s that Croft will leave on a free in the summer and we''ll have no wingers.

First thought i was shocked, but it makes sense considering how skint we are, the only thing that worrys me is what if Crofty goes in Jan, who we left with on the wings then?

Lappin and Eagle?

Seriously hope not.  Mentioned this rumour to a Coventry supporting friend who says we can have him for nothing as he goes AWOL for at least 10 minutes a game

its a bit like when i was young, and having spent all me pocket money (which wasn''t much anyways) - me and my mates were forced to swop items, top trumps - footy cards etc...yep - swop shop was a sat morning must (while flicking over to see bits of tizwas - usually when delia came on[;)])...trouble is, they''d always be one kid who tried to screw you with an unfair swop, while one would appear to be stupid and offer too much???  which one is roedy in all this, or is it a traight swop between bellers and wardy???and - is bellers p**sed off anyways playing on the wrong foot???and would welcome a move???

if roeder swaps david bell, who is our best player for elliot ward i will be livid.

roeder if this is true you can fcuk off from this football club. this is absoulute nonsence, bell is a quality footballer what the hell is he trying to do to this club? bell is becoming a fans favourite and will weaken our team to a devasting effect which will result in releagation.

i mean it roeder if this is true and goes through this will be the last straw with me! your going to gain twice as many enemies as you already have by doing this

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

if roeder swaps david bell, who is our best player for elliot ward i will be livid.

roeder if this is true you can fcuk off from this football club. this is absoulute nonsence, bell is a quality footballer what the hell is he trying to do to this club? bell is becoming a fans favourite and will weaken our team to a devasting effect which will result in releagation.

i mean it roeder if this is true and goes through this will be the last straw with me! your going to gain twice as many enemies as you already have by doing this

[/quote]

Trouble is I don''t think GR particularly cares what we as fans think, and he will do what he deems best for himself and the team, and if that means getting rid of one of our better players at the moment that''s what he will do.

It''s all if''s and but''s ATM, and paper talk.

How can anyone seriously balme Roeder for this, just shows that he is working with his hands tied!. The only disgrace at our club are the fools in the boardroom and our celebrity chef for running the club into the ground! DELIA OUT!

Perhaps we''re plannig to buy him back immediately with the proceeds of this?

Aston Villa, Spurs and Manchester City are ready to start a bidding war for West Ham''s £10m-rated Dean Ashton as the striker is set to return from injury next month. (The Sun)

Seriously, if this is true then Roeder must be tearing his hair out. The one thing I think we all pretty much agree on is that his permanent signings have improved the quality of the squad, ad we need toi be adding to that rather than letting Bell,Croft or anyone else leave.

Gobsmacked by this. I see no point in blaming Roeder,who is only making a logical decision about the squad as a whole,but if its true it says an awful lot about how bad a state we are in,and how exactly does this tally with the statement that Roeder will be backed in the window?

Isn''t there a rule which means that Bell can''t move twice in less than a year??I''d be gutted to see Bell go, like previous people have said, he''s the first decent set piece taker we have had for a while.And while i''m posting, a whole day wasted to go and watch 2 midfielders up front?? What was Glenn thinking??

I''m actually a Roeder fan and i think he has got us playing some of the best football i have seen since being a fan( think it''s better than when Worthy was here) the only problem is that it''s not winning football

Have always rated Ward but not exactly helping create a settled squad. Also even if it doesn''t happen hardly likely to help make Bell feel wanted is it!

Ok, first of all, not a quote in sight!  Just a story, however this would be awful!Especially as we dont know if West Ham are about to lose Deano and Green!  But we need to BUILD a team not keep starting again!  We do however though need 2new centre backs at least!

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Don''t get me wrong, I think Ward is a terrific defender at this level and a defender I have wanted to see in a City shirt for a while now, but are things that desperate we have to swap our best buy for a few seasons?[/quote]

should fit in quite well then with those qualities!

we wouldn''t be in this mess if a) we weren''t dependant on a loan player (albeit a poor one) who''s only here for 4 months b) we hadn''t sold Shackell

How can people expect us to give Roeder time to build a team when we only keep players for a few months at a time?

And if anyone seriously thinks that Lappin or Eagle are adequate replacements for the left-wing slot they are deluded.

If this is true, then i agree GR has lost his marbles. My only hope is that he will F*** off and find them somewhere else.

A good defence makes a team, and at the moment we don''t have a good defence. Bell was brought in to replace Croft, a player who Roeder wasn''t a great fan of, mainly due to his total lack of fitness. At present Crofty is probably our best attacking asset, Roeder knows that, so is being forced to play Bell on the wrong (left) side. My view is that his performances haven''t been that great, defenders know he always wants to cut inside, so he rarely beats his man, and if he does the delivery with his left peg is often poor. If there is any player that we can afford to lose, and one that is worth some money, then in my eyes Bell is the one to go. 

[quote user="Welsh NorwichFan"]

Isn''t there a rule which means that Bell can''t move twice in less than a year??

[/quote]I thought Fifa rules stipulated only one transfer per season per player, not sure whether this means in a 12 month period though. Pete?

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]

Is Glenn Roeder serious or has he well and truly lost his marbles? He would willingly swap David Bell for Elliot Ward... despite Bell being one of the most technically gifted squad members! We have waited so long for a crosser of the ball and a set piece taker, now we finally have one for an absolute bargain, and it looks like he could be out the door so soon...

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED17%20Dec%202008%2008%3A45%3A51%3A023

[/quote]

The word suicidal comes to mind here, if this happens I feel the fans could turn on Roeder Big time, it could even be his big mistake and get the boot.