Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Most intelligent poster?

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Still know one votes for me :(
[/quote]

Or should I have said - know wonder ! Sorry, only pulling your leg !

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]how do you measure intelligence , Shaun ?[/quote]

Intelligence of what? It''s a big category. Somebody can have a lot of Academic Intelligence, gaining top grades in school and excellent qualifications, yet they may have no social intelligence at all. Somebody may have a lot of intelligence when it comes to football, yet not have a clue when it comes to any other sport. If you are talking about overall intelligence, then the only way I could measure that is with people I regularly see. People I know well enough. For example, people I see at my school on a daily basis.

However, I don''t get the point your trying to make... If you were trying to make one? Or were you just curious?

[/quote]

I guess it refers to intelligent (making sense) posting about footy, although the only important form of intelligence is the type you demonstrate in front of the ladies! knowing the value of Avogadro''s constant to 18 decimal places is hardly likely to get you some action is it?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]how do you measure intelligence , Shaun ?[/quote]

Intelligence of what? It''s a big category. Somebody can have a lot of Academic Intelligence, gaining top grades in school and excellent qualifications, yet they may have no social intelligence at all. Somebody may have a lot of intelligence when it comes to football, yet not have a clue when it comes to any other sport. If you are talking about overall intelligence, then the only way I could measure that is with people I regularly see. People I know well enough. For example, people I see at my school on a daily basis.

However, I don''t get the point your trying to make... If you were trying to make one? Or were you just curious?

[/quote]

I guess it refers to intelligent (making sense) posting about footy, although the only important form of intelligence is the type you demonstrate in front of the ladies! knowing the value of Avogadro''s constant to 18 decimal places is hardly likely to get you some action is it?

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]That really depends on the Lady doesn''t it.  I know some that would, unfortunately, I only know the first 4 significant figures.  [Actually, the first 23 decimal places are all 0, but I assume you didn''t mean those ones]Yes I have that kind of intelligence. I can also do an average of 9 or 10 University Challenge questions (of all types) per episode.  My record is about 20.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

That really depends on the Lady doesn''t it.  I know some that would, unfortunately, I only know the first 4 significant figures.  [Actually, the first 23 decimal places are all 0, but I assume you didn''t mean those ones]

Yes I have that kind of intelligence. I can also do an average of 9 or 10 University Challenge questions (of all types) per episode.  My record is about 20.
[/quote]

My mistake, I was actually meaning Pie and not Avogadro''s no. How silly of me. I am still trying to work out what Planck''s constant is following discussion with my Mrs after last weeks Horizon episode about Time last week. That really prompted some good pub chat with my mates, has time always existed?

RE University challenge, I normally do OK on science and geography questions but crap on everything else, I am sh*t hot on music and can get all of them unless it is a classical question.

Are we talking "intelligence" here or are we simply discussing who we agree with?

The flock assembles.........

Obviously I am the most intelligent! But then my posting rate means I don''t register on the radar with most posters. Intelligence is independent of how many questions one can answer on University Challenge. University Challenge questions peoples'' knowledge. Not their intelligence. Asking an intelligent economist/scientist/engineer questions about literature he has never read will result in zero correct answers. Would an intelligent person conclude that he was stupid as a result? It is a non-sensical test of intelligence.

To identify the intelligent amongst us, when referring to football matters, it is not enough to identify the knowledgible. Although that is clearly a clue. It is those who can both know, and think independently of others to arrive at influential and correct conclusions given the empiracal evidence available.

For my money''s worth to appease Neil Cluckcaster: Glenn Roeder has assembled a decent squad overall (although defence and attack could be significantly improved), albeit it suffers from consistent inconsistency, and for what it is worth, I feel he is worth more time. The present board however, over a decade plus, have demonstrated poor judgement on the whole. Which is why we are where we are.

It''s easier to try to identify the most stupid poster, lets start with yes or no to the following question1. do you want any of Keegan,Iwan or Worthy as our next manager?

Jas the Barclay King? is that a joke. He''s about as good at spelling as a primary school child. I would say Mr chops or Ardee

[quote user="ncfc90"]Jas the Barclay King? is that a joke. He''s about as good at spelling as a primary school child. I would say Mr chops or Ardee[/quote]

You miss the point.  Jas has admitted to deliberately pretending to be stupid to wind us up.  It takes some intelligence to fabricate a character as an idea.   How bright must the guys behind Homer Simpson be?

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

your a right little twerp.

[quote user="SecretSanta"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have a feeling that you are doing a far better job of proving that you are significantly worse than a twerp! well done brainiac.

By the way it is you are or you''re, please try again.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="SecretSanta"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have a feeling that you are doing a far better job of proving that you are significantly worse than a twerp! well done brainiac.

[/quote]

[quote user="SecretSanta"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="SecretSanta"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wow, your best come back, well done, now should I go and get the nurse?

The most intelligent poster? I have to say that, although i consider him a little misguided in his general views upon the world, it is HoustonCanary. Although i often disagree with what he says, i have rarely encountered someone who could stand his corner so sternly and convincingly, regardless of how fragile the original argument may appear to be. I have a slight feel of regret, as i can''t really say i like the fella, but in terms of intelligence, he is what he is.Other posters i recognise on this board to be of quite a high standard of intelligence include the likes of AndyJR, and SuperWesIrishWizard, who more often than not, makes SO much more sense in his posts than many of the other posters i often see on these boards.

it is HoustonCanary - John

I am truly and emotionally humbled by such recognition.  Thanks, John.  

However, if you DID know me, you might not think me so stern as you would funny.  I use an awful lot of sarcasm, but to those who disagree, it probably comes across as belligerence. 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

it is HoustonCanary - John

I am truly and emotionally humbled by such recognition.  Thanks, John.  

However, if you DID know me, you might not think me so stern as you would funny.  I use an awful lot of sarcasm, but to those who disagree, it probably comes across as belligerence. 

[/quote]it may be the lowest form of wit but i still count it!!!!!

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]That really depends on the Lady doesn''t it.  I know some that would, unfortunately, I only know the first 4 significant figures.  [Actually, the first 23 decimal places are all 0, but I assume you didn''t mean those ones]Yes I have that kind of intelligence. I can also do an average of 9 or 10 University Challenge questions (of all types) per episode.  My record is about 20.[/quote]

My mistake, I was actually meaning Pie and not Avogadro''s no. How silly of me. I am still trying to work out what Planck''s constant is following discussion with my Mrs after last weeks Horizon episode about Time last week. That really prompted some good pub chat with my mates, has time always existed?

RE University challenge, I normally do OK on science and geography questions but crap on everything else, I am sh*t hot on music and can get all of them unless it is a classical question.

[/quote]Planck proposed the constant as a formal proposition to solve some observed anomalities regarding Black Body Radiation. Scroedinger adopted it to successfully describe an atomic model where the electrons can only exist in permitted energy states. I used to be able to derive it from E=h*frequency & the general (time dependent) wave equation solution, but I seem to have forgotten how lately.I think I do rather more than 9 or 10 questions/episode of University Challenge, but I''ve never kept a tally. Biology & flags of all nations are my nemesis. Strangely, Literature is often my stromgest point.Time could not have existed before the Big Bang, as there were no objects to change their spatial relationship & therefore nothing to measure.

If by most intelligent we were talking about links, then I think I would like to blow my own trumpet and say, I.  [:)]