Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink Un Pickers

My very good friend Arrdee sends you all his best wishes from his sick bed. He had a rough day as a guest of the NHS yesterday but hopefully he will be feeling better soon and be back on these pages where he manages to keep everything together far better than me. The bet is on thanks to the Devon and of course Dixmar Racing, the odds we have are : -

1-2 Millwall V Crewe Home Win (Yankee, Hughesy, Meth, GrahamH, Hsid, Shack, Mister and Devon)

8-15 Paris SG V Valenciennes Home Win (Inchy, Nutty)

10-11 Doncaster Rovers V Wolves Away Win (Ncfc90)

1-6 Olympiakos V Thrasivola Home Win (Trent, Shaun, Mr Bump, Broadslim, Beaker, Fellas, & Big Bob)

1-2 Raith V Arbroath Home Win (Cosmic)

1-2 Manchester Utd. V LDU Quito Man U Win (We8)

Which will win £105-26p for our Academy. So thanks Devon for a really promising set of selections and thanks Billy for a superb set of odds. Billy Dixon has confirmed that the Free Bet will be for the fixtures on Saturday 27th/Sunday 28th next week where it’s our good friend Sports Desk Pete who will be in charge of the final selections.

Thanks Inchy, I would have hated to have called that wrong and Jim, if you’re around anytime before Sundays games, you can change your nap for our PUPs League.

Get well soon Arrdee, thinking of you

Lots of kisses from your angel xxxxxxx

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good selections Devon my friend but I''m concerned because I don''t believe the German League play again until the end of next month. It seems like the Hertha Berlin fixture is to be played on 31st January because the Bundesliga have a mid-winter break. I should have noticed that our friend "Gentleman" Jim had selected this and said something sooner.

So apologies to Jim and yourself. I''m pretty sure I''m right about this so if someone else could confirm this hopefully there''s time for another selection and for Jim to change his too.

I''m rubbish at this - get well soon Arrdee!

[/quote]

Oh dear , oh dear,

Seems I have had another senior moment, apologies to DDD, thanks for picking my selection, it''s the first time my pick has been selected for the last 9 weeks and then I do this !

And apologies to you to Nutty, I don''t think you are rubbish at all, you work miracles to do all that you do.

So if you will bear with me I would like to nominate AC MIlan v Udinese (Home win) as my alternative nap, I feel reasonably certain this match plays tomorrow,(sunday 21st.), In Italian Serie A.

I will now slink away with embarrassment. . . . .

That''s unlucky Devon but there are always strange results just before Christmas. I''m sure we will have better luck next week and I''m also sure you will be back to have another crack at Billy next season [Y]

I have you down for Milan tomorrow "Gentleman" Jim[Y] My senior moments run into hours somedays[O]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]A City win and therefore a correct pick. Hurrah![/quote]

That''s you and Me then Pete. Up the table we go[:D]

utd won on their circus trip to japan to keep my run going

when is the next one people? boxing day or weekends fixtures?

thank you in advance

bad luck DDD, I personally lost money on Millwall too. But I nor have a hat trick of winning picks, buy how do I qualify to be included on the league table???

If you have napped in at least half the weeks then you qualify, err I think this is the 20th week, so you need 10 naps to be on there. I''m glad olympiakos came in otherwise it would have gone from being an ok week to being an awful week. This was a very tough week and the PUP''s have done themselves proud with the amount of correct different naps we''ve got in such a hard week. Hard luck DDD, but this week was tough''un and I''m sure we''ll be back fighting after Christmas. Merry Christmas pickers.

Fellas is spot on Fonejacker. The good news is there''s still time for you to be top picker because there are 20 weeks to go. Just keep on coming back and you will make the table.

Fonejacker is one of an impressive 17 PUPs who have 3 from 3 going into the last week of this month. The others are NCFC90, Macs Perm, Mr Bump, Gentleman Jim, Leeds, Fellas, NewYork, Obiwan, Beaker, Shaun, Sparkos, Muddy, Broadslim, The Butler, Pete and Lapp. Arrdee and Pboro have 2 correct and a postponed.

In all 43 PUPs selected this week with 30 correct making a healthy 70% in what was a difficult week. This is the latest PUPs League showing those who have at least 50% correct from at least 50% weeks.

Picker

Season

Season %

Arrdee

18-19

Trent Canary

16-18

Inch High

17-20

P’boro_canary

16-19

MacDougall’s perm

14-17

Mr Bump

14-17

we8wba

9-11

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

16-20

Leeds canary

16-20

Fellas

15-20

Newyorkcanary

15-20

Shack Attack

15-20

Obiwancanary

12-16

Beaker

14-19

NCFC_Shaun

14-19

Kathy

8-11

Delia’s Devon..

14-20

Hissing Sid

14-20

7Rew

7-10

GazzaTCC

11-16

Sparkos

11-16

Muddy funster

13-19

1st Wazzock

13-20

BringBackIwan

8-13

Graham Humphrey

12-20

Lucky Green Trainers

12-20

Norfolkchance1

12-20

Cityangel

9-15

Methcanary

9-15

Norfolkbroadslim

9-15

1dartmoore

6-10

Till 1010

6-10

The Butler

11-19

Berkshire Canary

10-18

Canary Ryan

9-16

Mister Chops

9-16

Cosmic Twin

11-20

Sports Desk - Pete

11-20

Hughsey

6-11

Nutty nigel

10-20

Scooby

5-10

This weeks naps were again divided amongst 22 different teams with 17 being correct making a very impressive 77% success rate this week which is way up on the seasons average. Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s [&] have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

17-22

279-469

Premiership

1-1

36-70

Championship

4-4

39-71

League One

1-3

31-63

League Two

0-1

16-48

Conference

3-3

21-33

Welsh

1-1

10-13

English Cups

7-13

Scots Premiership

1-1

20-24

Scots Leagues

0-1

14-25

Scots Cup

3-4

Europe

5-6

58-76

Internationals

23-28

World Club

1-1

1-1

Europe was 5-6 again for the third consecutive week and that table now looks like this :-

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

5-6

58-76

Spain

1-1

11-18

Italy

1-1

13-17

Holland

1-1

10-13

France

0-1

4-6

Germany

5-5

Greece

1-1

6-6

Belgium

1-1

2-2

Turkey

3-3

Sweden

1-1

Austria

2-3

Macedonia

0-1

Switzerland

1-1

And I''d just like to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all our wonderful Pups [&][G][B][B][B][<:o)][Y]

Nutty Nigel,

I don''t think you have my current league standing correct! I have picked 12/20 correctly. My pick in Scots Div 2 was correct this Saturday (which isn''t shown above) and I am also 3/3 for Dec so far.

Now I''ve pointed that out, it''ll all go horribly wrong! [:$]

Thanks!

Thanks Cosmic, you are indeed right and because I have your result wrong it''s thrown everything out. It serves me right for not double checking the score. I was convinced Raith had drawn their game. Apologies to you and indeed you are in the group of PUPs on 3 from 3 going into the last week of the month.

This also makes 31 out of 43 correct naps this week, an even more impressive 72%.

Picker

Season

Season %

Arrdee

18-19

Trent Canary

16-18

Inch High

17-20

P’boro_canary

16-19

MacDougall’s perm

14-17

Mr Bump

14-17

we8wba

9-11

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

16-20

Leeds canary

16-20

Fellas

15-20

Newyorkcanary

15-20

Shack Attack

15-20

Obiwancanary

12-16

Beaker

14-19

NCFC_Shaun

14-19

Kathy

8-11

Delia’s Devon..

14-20

Hissing Sid

14-20

7Rew

7-10

GazzaTCC

11-16

Sparkos

11-16

Muddy funster

13-19

1st Wazzock

13-20

BringBackIwan

8-13

Cosmic Twin

12-20

Graham Humphrey

12-20

Lucky Green Trainers

12-20

Norfolkchance1

12-20

Cityangel

9-15

Methcanary

9-15

Norfolkbroadslim

9-15

1dartmoore

6-10

Till 1010

6-10

The Butler

11-19

Berkshire Canary

10-18

Canary Ryan

9-16

Mister Chops

9-16

Sports Desk - Pete

11-20

Hughsey

6-11

Nutty nigel

10-20

Scooby

5-10

And 18 correct naps from 22 selected which mean an outstanding 82% in a very difficult week.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

18-22

280-469

Premiership

1-1

36-70

Championship

4-4

39-71

League One

1-3

31-63

League Two

0-1

16-48

Conference

3-3

21-33

Welsh

1-1

10-13

English Cups

7-13

Scots Premiership

1-1

20-24

Scots Leagues

1-1

15-25

Scots Cup

3-4

Europe

5-6

58-76

Internationals

23-28

World Club

1-1

1-1

Sweet, looks like people have done well in the Scots premier, although not really suprising considering the fact Celtic and Rangers do dominate

Nigel - I think that the effort you put into keeping the league table updated is great. A merry Christmas and a propserous New Year to you too![Y][<:o)] 

Nutty Nigel wrote ~ "Thanks Cosmic, you are indeed right and because I have your result wrong it''s thrown everything out. It serves me right for not double checking the score. I was convinced Raith had drawn their game. Apologies to you and indeed you are in the group of PUPs on 3 from 3 going into the last week of the month."

I think Arbroath equalised in the 90th min, but there was still enough time for Raith to score the winner! It was a close thing!

Thanks for that Nigel. You do an amazing job with the tables and stats. Merry Christmas! [<:o)]

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

Nutty Nigel wrote ~ "Thanks Cosmic, you are indeed right and because I have your result wrong it''s thrown everything out. It serves me right for not double checking the score. I was convinced Raith had drawn their game. Apologies to you and indeed you are in the group of PUPs on 3 from 3 going into the last week of the month."

I think Arbroath equalised in the 90th min, but there was still enough time for Raith to score the winner! It was a close thing!

Thanks for that Nigel. You do an amazing job with the tables and stats. Merry Christmas! [<:o)]

[/quote]

Yes Cosmic the mistake made Saturday regarding Raith was made by me and myself alone, I know that Nutty is too much of a gentleman to blame me, I did the stats Saturday in order to help him as I knew he was more than busy and I was convinced that Raith had drawn their match when I saw Arbroath had equalised in the 90th min and I passed on the incorrect information to Nutty, I know I have been off the pace lately but thats no excuse I should have double checked.

If I could give you an insight how it all works, there is no need to feel unduly worried because of the back up we have in place, no result will ever get lost, if as in the case Saturday  I missed it and Nutty and the Picker (which didn''t) we have Fellas who keeps a far more detailed account than us. I have seen his stats and believe me it would blow your mind he has a detailed account of every Picker that takes part. I know Fellas enjoys doing this and it helps him as this is one of the subjects he is sitting at University. You can rest assured that if we had all missed it there would have been an e-mail pop up in my box from the wonderful Fellas.

Never ever be afraid to tell us if you think we have made a mistake, in fact we welcome it, If I could also ask you when making your Final selection If you could make it bold or in colour it would help, rather than having to read through the whole message to pinpoint the selection. Thanks for that you lovely old Pickers....[Y]..arrdee.

Good to see you keeping an eye on everyone arrdee. Just for clarification, and given the holidays and the football schedule, are we including or excluding Friday full schedule in this weeks bet? You may well point out to me that this has already been covered or, indeed, that there is no bet this week. If so, my apologies in advance. Just thought it would be better to clarify if I''m not sure. 

Just in case Arrdee doesn''t see this message for a while Yankee I''ll answer for him. The Free Bet will be for the fixtures on Saturday 27th/Sunday 28th and it’s Sports Desk Pete who will be in charge of the final selections. They will be made on Friday evening as normal. Hopefully Arrdee will be well enough to open the new thread as normal tomorrow, if not you will have to put up with me again [;)]

Just for reference I had a quick look and it seems the Scottish fixtures are on Saturday and English Sunday. Holland have fixtures on Saturday and Sunday while Wales have a few on Saturday. The rest of Europe I think are on their holidays [<:o)][B][8][pi][D][pi][B][<:o)][pi][B][pi][<:o)][pi][B][B][D][+o(]

Fair enough Nutty. I had thought that given the full schedule for Friday that there might have been an objective to include this as it would have clearly maximized the choices between friday and Sunday for a good stab at victory. However, I realise with Christmas day being on Thursday this would have been impractical. Thanks for the feedback.

Interesting notes:
  • This week was the first correct nap in league 1 for 7 weeks, courtesy of Wazz, we were still only 1 from 3
  • It''s been 5 weeks since a correct nap in league 2. I think both of these leagues difficulty can be related to their early pace-setters tripping up i.e. Leeds, Carlisle, Oldham and Scunthorpe all on awful runs in League 1 and the general un-predictability of league 2 which has been clear throughout all of this season
  • We''ve only had two wrong naps in the Scottish Prem in the last 8 weeks, and we''re 8 out of 8 in the Championship in the last 2 weeks
  • In the last 13 weeks we''ve only had the top selected nap wrong twice, this week and Chelsea v Newcastle 5 weeks ago in the crazy week with Shack in control, before that it was Liverpool in Kathy''s week
  • After going 16/16 Inch has gone 1/4 in the last 4 weeks....
  • He''s been overtaken by P''boro who is on a 9 week streak...
  • It''s not looking good for Pete, his longest streak is 4, which he''s had 3 times once as a losing streak... He''s on 4 now...
  • Our selectors get 3 out 4 right, considering how high this is it''s disapointing we only have 3 wins...
  • If we against a "real" bookies, i.e. this wasn''t free then we''re up £30 over the year, which might be enough to buy Lapp''s cig''s for one pickers meet or if we had to pay £1 for everytime Nutty praises Worthy or The Doc...
  • The last time we had less than 40 naps was when Mr. Chops was the picker.... we know what happened.... form predicts we''ll have 39 naps this weekend....
  • And finally credit has to go to we8wba who has got a nap wrong... except from the time he napped as "somebody else"... shame about that..
Merry Christmas.[B]