Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Have you seen norwich players out?

Hi just wondering if there are any funny or interesting stories people have about seeing norwich players or speaking to them out and about? i saw huckerby and drury very drunk in a kebab shop drury jumped on hux''s back completely missed him and landed on a heap on the floor so hux scooped him up and ran down prince of wales road with him on his back!! on the LEFT hand side off the road ofcourse :D

yeh i have !! was out celebrating till 3am sunday nite after the match ! LOL ......... last bar went in after delaneys went to havanas and who walks in at 2am?? lita and doc shortly followed by patty !!! LOL .... all having vodka and coke lol ...

asked lita for a pic but he sed he doesnt do pix in bars etc... but he wud if at ground etc... fair enuff i guess but he did act as if loved himself .. still shook his hand etc tho and doc was ok to talk to but the best was patty ! lol he was mad... and was having pix wit me and mates etc and was alot more down to earth :)

OTBC !

[quote user="EssexNCFC"]stories like these is why I chose to come to UEA...its only a matter of time before I spot someone![/quote]Players pop into the uni bar on occassion.

Not recently. When I worked at Sainsburys at Pound Lane, I served Darren Eadie and Mike Milligan, and Gary Megson on Christmas Eve buying £100+ worth of booze.

well if thats not a reason to hang around in the bar and not do my essays, i dont know what is!

i heard a story involving tony warner and dion dublin a little while ago at the uni, and also heard Lupoli was on a spanish course over here...

[quote user="EssexNCFC"]

well if thats not a reason to hang around in the bar and not do my essays, i dont know what is!

i heard a story involving tony warner and dion dublin a little while ago at the uni, and also heard Lupoli was on a spanish course over here...

[/quote]Join the UEA Canaries. Plenty of benefits.

I once saw Ian Henderson shopping in Riverside woolworths with his girlfriend, before i had a driving lesson.

ALso saw Declan/Declun Rudd outside Morrisions a few weeks ago.

[quote user="Scotty121"]Hi just wondering if there are any funny or interesting stories people have about seeing norwich players or speaking to them out and about? i saw huckerby and drury very drunk in a kebab shop drury jumped on hux''s back completely missed him and landed on a heap on the floor so hux scooped him up and ran down prince of wales road with him on his back!! on the LEFT hand side off the road ofcourse :D[/quote]Yeah loads of times.....Most of the squad in Squares in the play off season, bought Iwan and Notman a pint...... Iwan didnt drink his as he said was worried it was spiked.Most of the promotion squad upstairs in Delaneys after they hijacked a private party..... All completely off their faces, which I was annoyed about as we had lost 1-0 that day..... Funniest part was Jim Brennan pissing in a sink. I also had a chat with Mike Milligan who always makes me think he should replace Shane McGowan in The Pogues, dont know why he was with themI used to see Mulryne and McVeigh around Dereham Road and the Golden Triangle almost every week....I met Paul Dalglish and Brian McGovern lots of times in Temple Bar.I saw Hucks, Crofty, Docs, Jarvis, Drury and couple of others on new years eve, all looking well behaved..... Ive seen Hucks walking on his own down Prince of Wales road loving all the attention a couple of years ago.....Damien Francis a few months ago in the city in Elements buying about £500 worth of stuff....Drury, Hucks and McKenzie in Mercy VIP.....Ashton and Shackell in Mercy loads of times....I often see Joe Ferrari walking down St Benedicts always looks like a miserable b*stard.  Neil Doncaster in Tesco Express once as well  buying a bottle of red I believe....And probably lots of other times too!  I thought that it was normal to see them out and about!

I once had nearly the whole squad gatecrash my mates birthday party in Delaneys in the promotion season, it was the night of our defeat to Bradford at home.

Hucks and Iwan both posed for a number of photo''s but  i won''t go into what happened with one player in the toilets as i could be banned from here.

Another time i saw Gary Holt and Drury havin a few pints in pitch and piano with their other halves. (both looking glum)

Also i spoke with Drury in Lambs, he had a few by that point!!

I also used to see Forbes speeding around Thorpe Marriott in some flash car, loving the attention!!

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Scotty121"]Hi just wondering if there are any funny or interesting stories people have about seeing norwich players or speaking to them out and about? i saw huckerby and drury very drunk in a kebab shop drury jumped on hux''s back completely missed him and landed on a heap on the floor so hux scooped him up and ran down prince of wales road with him on his back!! on the LEFT hand side off the road ofcourse :D[/quote]

Yeah loads of times.....

Most of the squad in Squares in the play off season, bought Iwan and Notman a pint...... Iwan didnt drink his as he said was worried it was spiked.

Most of the promotion squad upstairs in Delaneys after they hijacked a private party..... All completely off their faces, which I was annoyed about as we had lost 1-0 that day..... Funniest part was Jim Brennan pissing in a sink. I also had a chat with Mike Milligan who always makes me think he should replace Shane McGowan in The Pogues, dont know why he was with them

I used to see Mulryne and McVeigh around Dereham Road and the Golden Triangle almost every week....

I met Paul Dalglish and Brian McGovern lots of times in Temple Bar.

I saw Hucks, Crofty, Docs, Jarvis, Drury and couple of others on new years eve, all looking well behaved.....

Ive seen Hucks walking on his own down Prince of Wales road loving all the attention a couple of years ago.....

Damien Francis a few months ago in the city in Elements buying about £500 worth of stuff....

Drury, Hucks and McKenzie in Mercy VIP.....

Ashton and Shackell in Mercy loads of times....

I often see Joe Ferrari walking down St Benedicts always looks like a miserable b*stard.  Neil Doncaster in Tesco Express once as well  buying a bottle of red I believe....

And probably lots of other times too!  I thought that it was normal to see them out and about!
[/quote]

Were these two romantically involved with one another?

I used to work in Delaneys when Aiden ran it and we got all of the players in, all of the time!! It would have probably been around the 04/05 season. The worst offenders were Mulryne and Brennan. Constantly drinking vodkas. They even used to chew these weird nicotine wads. I guess they didn''t want to be seen smoking! Ha Ha. I''ve also worked in HMV and served Lappin (whom I barely recognised due to a GIANT beard), Drury, Patto, Cureton and Otsemoboor who were all top guys. Semmy''s baby daughter was very cute! I tend not to go on about how they''re footballers to their face though! Tried to make them feel like regular dudes. Had many a chat about PES and Fifa. Cureton is a PES man. Ha HaBut, my favourite story is when I was working at Archant and saw Hucks come to pick up his promotion pictures. He parked his car in the Archant car park (which is free to visitors) and then proceeded to wander over the road and put some money in the machine on Rose Lane!! They''re too eager to throw cash away these footballers!Legends.

Many moons ago, Steve Bruce drove into me on Tombland - was about 2am in the morning & I was staggering home with the girlfriend.  Some loon comes barrelling down one of the sidestreets and me, having had a few jumps into the road to scare the driver.  The car stops touching my shins and a rather angry looking Bruce jumps out and starts yelling at me for being a complete d*ckhead  etc.   Cue a rather sheepish withdrawal from me and some rather sharp digs in the ribs by the girlfriend!

[quote user="EssexNCFC"]

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure I must know you, or my stories have spread along way.

Tony Warner started on me and my mate in the LCR over a picture being taken, Dion was there to. After the night my mate emailed the club and he awoke to a phone call from Peter Grant. True story.

I met Lupoli just sitting in uni in the ARTS building, I missed 20minutes of my lecture talking to him. He seemed like a quality lad, doing Spanish on his day of at uni. It was just after we signed Lita, he was not to impressed.

Seen a few others but they were all grumpy.

I saw Curo and Dion at a UEA gig (Beverley Night with the missus) about a year ago. It was the day after we''d beaten Blackpool away 3-1 and Dion had scored twice, I did congratulate him on his brace and he was the complete gent as we''ve all come to expect. Curo looked a little miffed that Dion was getting more attention than he was though!

Also saw Keith O Neill years ago at GIG IN THE PARK in Halesworth, had a chat with him and he was alright, just there watching his mate''s band. Some litte kid then walked up to him and said ''excuse me, do you play for Norwich?''  ''Yes mate I do'' Keith replied (expecting the youngster to be starstruck) the kid then yelled ''YOU SUCK!'' Keith obviously looked less than pleased with the junior scummer''s reply!

I once had a two hour discussion in Delaney''s with Phil Mulryne about the history of the Irish Republic. He is very well informed. It was after a victory at home against Ipswich.

they are all normally in mercy vip every saturday night..... sorry but if you wonder why we are fighting at the bottom of the league then the players getting wrecked every weekend probably doesnt help. if you paid me £5000 a week i wouldnt drink til i was retired from playing.

me and my dad were driving up to the uea as i had a swimming competion and saw chadwick running tbh thats all ill get as i live 200 miles away

I saw Paul McVeigh and big Iwan in Mercy many a year back.  I had been invited into the VIP bit (not sure why it''s called that, it''s exactly like the rest of that place) and big Iwan bought me and my homies a pint, jolly nice chap.  Could''nt understand a word McVeigh was saying mind.

Ive also seen Adam Drury''s wife a few times, looking in the Jewelers on London Street and outside Piltch.  She''s rather pleasant and I always have delusions of approaching her and saying something incredibly witty, yet when it comes to it, I think better of it.  [:D]

i saw drury his wife and kid in chapelfield yesterday and his kid was having a fit becuase drury wouldnt carry him on his back. there seems to be links with drury and backs. hmmm