Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Roeder is not the main problem!!!

[quote user="CT "]Making him the main culprit is not what we should be doing.Delia and her terrible terrible mistakes (spending finance on non football projects) is what is to blame.Say we do sack Roeder....manager A does termporarily well and keeps us up this season. Next season this terrible season is repeated and we go round in a big circle and end up calling for manager A''s head.ROEDER IS NOT THE MAIN CULPRIT. DELIAR AND HER GUTLESS BOARD ARE ![/quote]I re-iterate this point... I wonder how many people disagree now?

[quote user="CT "][quote user="CT "]Making him the main culprit is not what we should be doing.

Delia and her terrible terrible mistakes (spending finance on non football projects) is what is to blame.

Say we do sack Roeder....

manager A does termporarily well and keeps us up this season. Next season this terrible season is repeated and we go round in a big circle and end up calling for manager A''s head.

ROEDER IS NOT THE MAIN CULPRIT. DELIAR AND HER GUTLESS BOARD ARE !
[/quote]

I re-iterate this point... I wonder how many people disagree now?
[/quote]

Exactly CT!, but people still support her.....

JESUS!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="CT "]Making him the main culprit is not what we should be doing.

Delia and her terrible terrible mistakes (spending finance on non football projects) is what is to blame.

manager A does termporarily well and keeps us up this season. Next season this terrible season is repeated and we go round in a big circle and end up calling for manager A''s head.

[/quote]

You''re dead right CT but Roeder has to go too. They are both as bad as each other.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Salahuddin"]I really despair, I don''t think people will ever see the light![/quote]

Sal, are you in agreement or disagreement with my above post ?
[/quote]

Totally 100% AGREE!!!

I''ll bite.  I disagree. I don''t think Delia is the answer, but we should be a mid-table team. As we are in a relegation scrap, thats Roeder''s fault.  If we were 10th or 12th, I might be complaining more about the board and lack of funds, but I am not going to blame losses to Forest and Charlton on Delia... we should be better than we are and we aren''t. It is Roeder''s fault.  If he goes and we improve, then it will be the boards duty to find funds to further our improvement, but with Roeder at the helm, its throwing good money after bad.  

[quote user="CT "]Carry on then  [:P]Roedent has to go but IMO as has been said before he is not the main problem![/quote]He''s not the main problem, but he is the imminent problem.Unless it happened lightning quick, changing the board would not improve on the pitch results for the rest of the season. Changing the manager might though.

and still all of you are prepared to do nothing... lol  [:$]

Blimey you could get near enough a hundred off here to protest if you lot are REALLY UP FOR IT as you claim you are.

You are pathetic, all waiting for somebody to act first!!!

Hpe to hear that there are some DELIA OUT chants heard loud and clear on Saturday.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="CT "]Making him the main culprit is not what we should be doing.

[/quote]

I re-iterate this point... I wonder how many people disagree now?
[/quote]

Of course the Delia-led Board are the main culprits........they appoint people like Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder so they have to carry the can. But as we know no one in football ever says sorry or admits to making any major mistakes. That''s what all clubs are stuck with I''m afraid.

We''ve reached a pivotal point of the season in that the next three games are as vital as they can possibly be. The fact that were we to lose them means we''re not mathematically relegated is a fact but would be such a devastating blow to morale that it would almost certainly mean relegation. There''s no time to do anything other than appoint another manager.In my opinion that needs to be done before the weekend if only to give the team a fighting chance of avoiding the drop this term. Next season will have to take care of itself.

If Roeder had been given more money to spend he wouldn''t have had to bring so many loan players in and we would have been able to buy more players and carry a bigger squad so it is technically the boards fault and they need to go. Roeder should really have got more out of the players he has got so he to should shoulder some of the blame. It isn''t Roeders fault that Smith has turned down the one chance we had of having some real money simply because she doesn''t want to sell and it is definitely Smiths fault for allowing the club top reach such a low ebb.

Our team has been asset-stripped, devalued and de-invested every season since relegation and the evidence is absolutely blatant to support this.  After three years in which the club received £34m in tv revenue, £18m in player sales and virtual 100% sellouts we had a squad which cost less than what we received for ONE player- Dean Ashton.  And yet some people still believe the old t*ss about "all money received for transfers is re-invested".  These morons are getting exactly what they deserve, unfortunately we all have to suffer as well.....

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I''ll bite.  I disagree. I don''t think Delia is the answer, but we should be a mid-table team. As we are in a relegation scrap, thats Roeder''s fault.  If we were 10th or 12th, I might be complaining more about the board and lack of funds, but I am not going to blame losses to Forest and Charlton on Delia... we should be better than we are and we aren''t. It is Roeder''s fault.  If he goes and we improve, then it will be the boards duty to find funds to further our improvement, but with Roeder at the helm, its throwing good money after bad.  [/quote]

B O L L O X!, perhaps you supported George Bush as well?!?!?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Our team has been asset-stripped, devalued and de-invested every season since relegation and the evidence is absolutely blatant to support this.  After three years in which the club received £34m in tv revenue, £18m in player sales and virtual 100% sellouts we had a squad which cost less than what we received for ONE player- Dean Ashton.  And yet some people still believe the old t*ss about "all money received for transfers is re-invested".  These morons are getting exactly what they deserve, unfortunately we all have to suffer as well.....[/quote]

BUT!.....Where''s all that money gone?[^o)]

[quote user="The Lord"]

I appreciate that''s your opinion but I have to disagree....

Delia''s money spent on non-football related ventures is exactly what''s keeping this club just about floating at the moment for the day-to-day running of a football club which isn''t exactly easy to operate...as someone has said before the place doesn''t shut down at 5pm saturday, expenses have to be paid sunday-friday. Why are people so ignorant as to think she doesn''t want whats best for the football club?! She has privately for a long while and publicy stated she''s looking to sell the club so more investment can come in...

as for Roeder im 50/50..on the one hand I feel sorry for the bloke, cause a manager without any money will need about 3 years to be given a proper chance but i''m afraid that simply doesn''t happen in business and who else could we realistically bring in at this point?

However his excuse of not playing hoolahan as he doesn''t think small, weak players can play 3 times is absolutely ridicilous, I suspose the same goes for maradona and messi? How he didn''t start with a single striker today is absolutely laughable, if it went completely wrong then fair enough you could change it, but to start with 6 midfielders after he had seen what clearly worked against ipswich, albeit no lita

My Solution = Hopefully there will be some new finance sooner rather then later, Roeder will begin to gather a settled squad, and marshall will began to find a level of consistency

[/quote]

Great post....But it will fall on deaf ears cause theres a bandwagon to jump on!

No one wants to invest in our club at the moment - even with a full house every home game!!!!!! Imagine what will hapen if we force out Delia and the club goes into administraion. If Delia goes so does our chances of keeping our head above water - 1st division football - half filled ground - even les money.

Sry i have posted another post to fall on deaf ears........

[quote user="Smudger"]

and still all of you are prepared to do nothing... lol  [:$]

Blimey you could get near enough a hundred off here to protest if you lot are REALLY UP FOR IT as you claim you are.

You are pathetic, all waiting for somebody to act first!!!

Hpe to hear that there are some DELIA OUT chants heard loud and clear on Saturday.

[/quote]

If I go on saturday then yes I will be [Y]

[quote user="NorwichRat"][quote user="The Lord"]

Delia''s money spent on non-football related ventures is exactly what''s keeping this club just about floating at the moment for the day-to-day running of a football club which isn''t exactly easy to operate...as someone has said before the place doesn''t shut down at 5pm saturday, expenses have to be paid sunday-friday. Why are people so ignorant as to think she doesn''t want whats best for the football club?! She has privately for a long while and publicy stated she''s looking to sell the club so more investment can come in...

as for Roeder im 50/50..on the one hand I feel sorry for the bloke, cause a manager without any money will need about 3 years to be given a proper chance but i''m afraid that simply doesn''t happen in business and who else could we realistically bring in at this point?

However his excuse of not playing hoolahan as he doesn''t think small, weak players can play 3 times is absolutely ridicilous, I suspose the same goes for maradona and messi? How he didn''t start with a single striker today is absolutely laughable, if it went completely wrong then fair enough you could change it, but to start with 6 midfielders after he had seen what clearly worked against ipswich, albeit no lita

My Solution = Hopefully there will be some new finance sooner rather then later, Roeder will begin to gather a settled squad, and marshall will began to find a level of consistency

[/quote]

What a load of plop.

Do you have the stats to back this theory of yours up?

Maybe Mr.Carrow or Canary Nut could post them here for you???

Great post....But it will fall on deaf ears cause theres a bandwagon to jump on!

No one wants to invest in our club at the moment - even with a full house every home game!!!!!! Imagine what will hapen if we force out Delia and the club goes into administraion. If Delia goes so does our chances of keeping our head above water - 1st division football - half filled ground - even les money.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I will post that again... seemed to of put it in the wrong place last time (making it a bit confusing)...

What a load of plop.

Do you have the stats to back this theory of yours up?

Maybe Mr.Carrow or Canary Nut could post them here for you???

[/quote]

[/quote]

I must`ve missed the Lords post initially, i really can`t believe people can still post such rubbish when all the evidence is against them.

Lord:  the boards investments in non-football projects have indeed boosted the revenue of the club, but you have to weigh that against COSTS which have gone through the roof.  Compare last years accounts with `02.  The team were cheaper to run in `08 (factoring in the £3.5m profit on transfers) but the club would have made a loss of £7m without the one-off hotel stake valuation and transfer profit.  In `02 the club turned a profit without the need to make a big profit on players.

Since promotion the board have diverted millions into non-football projects and they are still eating up the revenue us fans put into the club.  Could you please tell me how much revenue the club are making from the millions pumped into land, roads, new pitch, new ticket office, new conservatory at Colney etc?

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]do the same people that disagree with the statement still disagree?

or is everything rosey with queen deals in charge?
[/quote]

I agree that he isn''t the main problem. But I disagree that he didn''t have to go. We had to get rid of him as soon as possible. Problem is we have nobody with investment to take over, and the board have installed completely the wrong man and staff at the helm. We''re heading for league one and I don''t thionk we''re gonna get out of it.

On 14/12/2008 at 09:26, Captain Holt said:

we can only hope that either something changes quickly, or that there are 3 worse teams from those 5 than us.What a joke. You want us to lose every game, and there you are wishing that we don''t go down.

What happened to you? 

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

What happened to you? 

I passed through 14 years of actual time and had a different opinion on one manager to the next? You're a nutcase.

• Like 3

Ah the old quoting “feature”. <sigh>

Is it me or is the quality of debate (generally) much higher now? I get things were bad (worse) when most of this thread was written, but there’s an almost blanket naive belief that it would have been relatively simple to wave a magic wand and find a new owner who equally would wave a magic wand, throw money at the club and appoint a genius manager who would get us into the PL. 

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

I passed through 14 years of actual time and had a different opinion on one manager to the next? You're a nutcase.

I just asked because I was genuinely taken aback at the high quality of your posting back then in contrast to now. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Ah the old quoting “feature”. <sigh>

Is it me or is the quality of debate (generally) much higher now? I get things were bad (worse) when most of this thread was written, but there’s an almost blanket naive belief that it would have been relatively simple to wave a magic wand and find a new owner who equally would wave a magic wand, throw money at the club and appoint a genius manager who would get us into the PL. 

It's you. This forum was a much better place back then.

Plus I would say people still tend to have those beliefs. But it is telling when you could potentially crawl back 15-20 years on this forum and see we have some of the same issues now that we did back then. For all our promotions over these years, it doesn't take very much to go wrong for us to be back at square one.

• Like 1

I’m always relieved when these old threads get turfed up and it’s not one I’ve commented on 😅

• Haha 2