Sign in to follow this  
skinner

Watford away

I am making the trip down to Watford next week. It is the first time I have been down there and it is also the first time I have drove a long distance I have only been driving for a couple of months. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on where to park when I get there and how long it will take to get to Watford. I have looked on the aa site but I have found before it says it will take a lot longer then it actually does. Also what should we do before kick off any nice pubs or placers to eat

Thanks

Skinner  

i was thinking about taking the train however we would not make it back for the last train leaving london. and i ent going on the bus cos you get no leg room.

[quote user="skinner"]i was thinking about taking the train however we would not make it back for the last train leaving london. and i ent going on the bus cos you get no leg room.[/quote]better than a crash. not doubting your abilities but still tiredness can kill.

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="skinner"]i was thinking about taking the train however we would not make it back for the last train leaving london. and i ent going on the bus cos you get no leg room.[/quote]

better than a crash. not doubting your abilities but still tiredness can kill.
[/quote]

yer thats true i just feel that i am ready to drive down there i have got to do some moterway driving at some point so i feel that this is a good time. also i have looked and you ent on the moterway for long most of the time it is a roads.

Trust me, the M25 in rush hour along that northern section is not for the faint hearted, particularly in the dark. If you must drive I would strongly suggest if you are not used to motorways that you leave early and try to get parked up by 4.30/5pm then find somewhere for a bite to eat. Coach might have less legroom but its less hassle and you can have a pint or two as well.

yer i was thnking about going that way (A505) on the way there cos you will then miss out on the moterways and then on the way back do the moterways becasue at that time of night it may not be so busy.

plus i was going to leave about 2 so that i miss all of the traffic ie rush hour. it also gives us time to walk around watford before kick off 

[quote user="jay kay"]lets try again

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp
[/quote]

yer that one is better lol

thanks for your help

skinner