Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Match day pie

As its Monday and I''m bored and depressed I thought I''d start a totally fatuous thread asking readers to guess the identity of Sunday''s match day pie.Hopefully this one won''t degenerate into entrenched viewpoints and personal insults!

I would also like to broaden the discussion to explore which pies have best received so far this season.Personally I''m torn between the tandoori chicken and the steak and Woodfordes,though I did experiment with the veggie option for the Colchester friendly and enjoyed a very nice cauliflower cheese one.Over to you!

Had the k/o remaned at noon it would have been the All Day Breakfast pie, though now it''s slightly later I''m not too sure! I''m going to stick with the ADB...

Heavens above it is good to see a proper debate. I sincerely hope that it doesn''t degenerate as many messages do on this board. My own personal taste would favour a "Villa-Park" style Balti, but I am tempted by a Seasonal Vegetable once in a while.

Fingers crossed that people can stay on the thread, and not get embroiled in pointless personal attacks on each other.

PS  I don''t like Americans.

The Chicken Balti pie at the MK Dons match this year was the only highlight of a very depressing evening, so I''d have to say the Chicken Tandoori pie would win for me.  Curry.  Pie.  Everybody wins!

[quote user="Pieman"]Whatever it is, it will have been cooked in a nuclear reactor for about 7 weeks.[/quote]

So that''s why they glow in the dark!!!

I think it will still be the All Day Breakfast pie even with the kick off being later then 12 noon like last year

[quote user="Beauseant"]

As its Monday and I''m bored and depressed I thought I''d start a totally fatuous thread asking readers to guess the identity of Sunday''s match day pie.Hopefully this one won''t degenerate into entrenched viewpoints and personal insults!

[/quote]

I suspect our fitness coach must have a big say in both ingredients and recipe. If Roeder was French he''d probably want rabbit pie...

[quote user="Phil E Stein"][quote user="AndyJR"]

Norwich City Pies by memespring.

Love''s a good pie at half-time does I.

[/quote]

That''s an excellent photo, Andy. Makes me feel really quite hungry!

[/quote]It also provides an answer to the age-old question.