Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Time for youth

Isn''t the woeful defensive situation as good a time as any to give some of the reserve players a step up? Surely it has to be better putting a developing defender in at the deep end and what better time to get players fired up? I have a horrible feeling our defence will involve midfielders who just can''t play there (with the exception of Clingan but then we lose him from midfield)

Just a little tired of us taking risks on other teams youth players. Just because they are on the books of Premier League teams doesn''t give them any more big game experience.

Rant over

I certainly agree with you.  Did anyone see the write up in the EDP about Kelly.  He''s just captained the Republic of Ireland Under19''s in the European championshops and appears to have equipped himself well -oh but then I forgot - he''s from Norwich youth and not Arsenal''s - how silly of me!

This is exactly the point, the usual line is that they''re not ready from championship football.. can we honestly say half of the senior pros over the past few seasons have been any better. I am desperate to see some of them play for the club they dream of playing for!

i dont think its time for youth.

putting them in a potential relegation battle could damage their progression and threaten norwich league position

when you are safely clear in low mid table and several points ahead (like last year) then you lob in the youth

[quote user="we8wba"]

putting them in a potential relegation battle could damage their progression and threaten norwich league position

when you are safely clear in low mid table and several points ahead (like last year) then you lob in the youth

[/quote]I have to agree with this.

[quote user="2Cakes"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]I have to agree with this.[/quote]Peter Grant saved us from relegation by using Chris Martin, Micky Spillane and Rossi Jarvis......

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

This is nonsense.. you could possibly have a point if we weren''t bringing in players from every other youth academy in England. Do you not thing that it could equally damage a players development seeing players of a similar age being drafted in to get their chance of first team football? Footballers have to learn someday and they can''t be wrapped in cotton wool if they are going to stand any chance of playing for a career, in fact i think the boost of being selected may actually do them much more good.

This moves onto the actual point I am making which is that I am sick of hearing we have no defensive cover and seeing players such as Pattision and Russell do a poor job in defence because it is just not their position.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]Unless it''s other team''s youth players like Bertrand and Omosuzi, and then it''s fine... um...

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="2Cakes"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

I have to agree with this.
[/quote]

Peter Grant saved us from relegation by using Chris Martin, Micky Spillane and Rossi Jarvis......

[/quote]

Really?

Chris Martin had his moments and chipped in a few goals but even by the end of that season he''d gone off the boil.