Sign in to follow this  
Fisherman

Drury a doubt?

The article about Drury saying more action less talk, states that he has a tight hamstring and will have to see whether or not hes fit, maybe this will give Simon Lappin the chance to force his way back into the squad?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I think hell would have to freeze over first. Can''t see Lappin getting back in even if he was the only player we had left.[/quote]I wonder whether Roeder walked into the changing room one day to find Simon Lappin performing a hilarious Roeder/Anne Robinson impersonation... it can''t be simply because Lappin''s not very good because if that was the case we''d have a five a side team.

Roeder did "shake his hand" after the reserve game, and said that he has a long way to go because of bertie and drury but with both of them out, we have a very thin defensive squad, semmy and doc are our only fit senior players.Drury will probably be forceed to play at left back giving Lappin the chance to get back in the squad. I think i''m being to hopeful though, rodent is just arrogant

[quote user="Fisherman"]Roeder did "shake his hand" after the reserve game, and said that he has a long way to go because of bertie and drury but with both of them out, we have a very thin defensive squad, semmy and doc are our only fit senior players.Drury will probably be forceed to play at left back giving Lappin the chance to get back in the squad. I think i''m being to hopeful though, rodent is just arrogant[/quote]

Fisherman - not a chance! There have been numerous comments on Lappin - personally if I was him I think I''d refuse to play at LB. His natural position is left midfield - but he can "do a job" at LB if needs must. He played there at Plymouth and has paid the price subsequently. I would love to see him given a chance - he''s skilful, neat and tidy if a bit light weight and lacking in speed going forward. But useful on the bench - definitely. His strike record I think is actually better than Fotheringahm or Croft or Pattison - despite starting at full back mostly! If Roeder thinks he''s successfully managing the "Lappin Situation" (whatever that might be), he really has lost the plot.

We have 5 defenders available for the Ipswich game: Doc, Drury, Bertrand, Omozusi, Otsemobor. Bertrand and Omo are recovering from injuries, but should be OK. We also have Clingan who can go back. And then there is Lappin. So I cant see him making the bench.

[quote user="Largey"]We have 5 defenders available for the Ipswich game: Doc, Drury, Bertrand, Omozusi, Otsemobor. Bertrand and Omo are recovering from injuries, but should be OK. We also have Clingan who can go back. And then there is Lappin. So I cant see him making the bench.[/quote]

How do you know that Bertrand, Drury and Omo will be fit for Sunday?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Largey"]We have 5 defenders available for the Ipswich game: Doc, Drury, Bertrand, Omozusi, Otsemobor. Bertrand and Omo are recovering from injuries, but should be OK. We also have Clingan who can go back. And then there is Lappin. So I cant see him making the bench.[/quote]

How do you know that Bertrand, Drury and Omo will be fit for Sunday?

[/quote]

Wasnt Bertrand and Omo rated ''doubtful'' for the Sheff Wed clash? That''d lead me to believe they would be ready in 8 days after the game. As for Drury, I dont know.