Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

The Watford model...

[quote user="Count Chopula"]Are they a step ahead of us, I wonder?http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/watford/7758687.stm[/quote]I have said this before but I really do not understand what Munby does.  Most of the things you expect a Chairman to do appear to be done by either Doncaster or the Smiths.  Only very occasionaly does Munby get wheeled out but can anyone remember the last time he made some sort of public statement regarding City.Where is he now?

This is a battle between former directors and current directors which has been going on for months.  At one stage Elton John got involved.

Watford PLC has been up for sale for months with a few interested bidders who at one time sent the share price soaring to 30p.  So far those who have taken a look at the books have not continued their interest.

[quote user="National express super guard "]"nice to see you, thanks for coming"
[/quote]

Funnily enough that''s exactly what he said to me outside Hillsborough after the match on Saturday. Say what you want about Munby, but you wouldn''t get many board members at any club prepared to do that in the freezing cold .

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]

[quote user="National express super guard "]"nice to see you, thanks for coming"[/quote]

Funnily enough that''s exactly what he said to me outside Hillsborough after the match on Saturday. Say what you want about Munby, but you wouldn''t get many board members at any club prepared to do that in the freezing cold .

[/quote]He said that to me too.  Problem is I thought he was supposed to be our Chairman, you know, the top man, not the official NCFC concierge.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Count Chopula"]Are they a step ahead of us, I wonder?http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/watford/7758687.stm[/quote]I have said this before but I really do not understand what Munby does.  Most of the things you expect a Chairman to do appear to be done by either Doncaster or the Smiths.  Only very occasionaly does Munby get wheeled out but can anyone remember the last time he made some sort of public statement regarding City.Where is he now?[/quote]He gave a radio interview last week.http://futureradiofm.podbean.com/2008/11/25/roger-munby-talks-with-phil-armes/

You talk about following the watford model i know a while back Delia said about following the charlton model. Well were certainly doing a good job of that now

delia and michael were a step ahead of the impending footy bust, when the tuners walked in aug...leaving a horrible unfillable black hole - ouch...imo - shame they didn''t realise their opportunity and bailed out then PDQ - cos the resultant credit crunch and now ghastly recession has rendered the club worthless...great!!!