Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

Declan Rudd- not the brightest (allegedly)

Doesn''t inspire you for the future of the club when at the age of 18, our future star hasn''t figured out what competitive professional sport is all about...

"Any game in the cup is difficult because the opposition will try and beat us, so we''ve just got to take it as a normal game..." Declan Rudd, 2008

Time for some media training at Colney, although there can''t be much time in between the defending practice and shooting practice. Not to mention the not giving away penalties practice and of course, the crash-course in getting sent off or injured!

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1473254,00.html

This takes the biscuit, now we are slagging off our own before they have done anything. He''s a young lad with little media experience but from all account a bloody good keeper.  At the moment this will do for me. Keep it going Declan looking forwrad to seeing you on Wednesday.

Doesn''t inspire you for the future of the club when at the age of 18, our future star hasn''t figured out what competitive professional sport is all about... "Any game in the cup is difficult because the opposition will try and beat us, so we''ve just got to take it as a normal game..." Declan Rudd, 2008 Time for some media training at Colney, although there can''t be much time in between the defending practice and shooting practice. Not to mention the not giving away penalties practice and of course, the crash-course in getting sent off or injured! http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1473254,00.html[/quote]

You could post that to him at Colney or to his Mum at Diss.  Might wake them up?

Will you, do you think?

Rudd was a year below me at school, he really isn''t all that, and yeah... he''s certainly not the brightest lad around either.

[quote user="Lambo"]Rudd was a year below me at school, he really isn''t all that, and yeah... he''s certainly not the brightest lad around either.[/quote]

I don''t think anyone will care how bright he is if he stops that round thing from going in between those stick things and into that net thing.  Especially if those people wearing the other shirts are trying really hard to get the round thing in between the stick things.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Lambo"]Rudd was a year below me at school, he really isn''t all that, and yeah... he''s certainly not the brightest lad around either.[/quote]

I don''t think anyone will care how bright he is if he stops that round thing from going in between those stick things and into that net thing.  Especially if those people wearing the other shirts are trying really hard to get the round thing in between the stick things.

[/quote]

Yes I agree Blah, quite correct, do you know it makes you wonder if he even knows where the North Sea is....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

He was never too much good at that either

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]We must have missed your tenure as an England player...........[;)]

To borrow from Dr. "Bones" McCoy;

He''s a footballer Jim, not a rocket scientist.

I do believe that one of our greatest heroes from recent times did not sound too intelligent in his interviews either [:P] .

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Lambo"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We must have missed your tenure as an England player...........[;)]
[/quote]

It''s just my opinion, i played against him most days at lunch and saw him play alot for the school and he never impressed me the way Andrew Fisk did who we released a couple seasons back.

NEWS FLASHDavid Beckham - great footballer, but is he a member of MENSA? Wayne Rooney - great footballer, did he even pass a SAT?Do you get what I am saying? And actually I understand what the lad is saying or at least trying to say which is in the cup you may as well throw form books out the window because its a test of who wants it the most - they are one off matches and so teams tend to attack you from the word go.An example would be Histon Vs Leeds.So perhaps there is a person lacking intelligence in this story and maybe it is not young master Rudd.

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Lambo"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We must have missed your tenure as an England player...........[;)]
[/quote]

It''s just my opinion, i played against him most days at lunch and saw him play alot for the school and he never impressed me the way Andrew Fisk did who we released a couple seasons back.

[/quote]

I doubt Mr Cole has quite the same effect as Roeder ;)

The world of football is littered with stupid comments from the likes of commentators, pundits, players and managers, so I shall forgive a young lad coming out with a rather inane comment. That pretty boy ex-scummer Tony Mowbray came out with a classic that was publishished in Private Eye magazine. He said, "In football you can''t win, unless you win." Yes, Tony, that is very true!

[quote user="chicken"]NEWS FLASH

David Beckham - great footballer, but is he a member of MENSA?
Wayne Rooney - great footballer, did he even pass a SAT?

Do you get what I am saying? And actually I understand what the lad is saying or at least trying to say which is in the cup you may as well throw form books out the window because its a test of who wants it the most - they are one off matches and so teams tend to attack you from the word go.

An example would be Histon Vs Leeds.

So perhaps there is a person lacking intelligence in this story and maybe it is not young master Rudd.
[/quote]

Quite right Chicken, I wonder who you mean?....[;)]....arrdee.

Of course its all so very easy to come out with a witty or insightful comment when faced with the usual turgid questions that emanate from most interviewers rectums......

One player I admire greatly is Paul Scholes. Very very very rarely says anything to any reporter. Good on him, it means we respect his football and know little else.I still feel that Beckham and Rooney are judged on their footballing ability by their antics off the field as much as on it. Am I the only one who doesn''t care that Becks might be cheating on Snotty Spice and that Rooney might have a thing for the much older ladies?I just realised - is there anyway that Delia can lure Rooney to play for us . . . . . . . ? [:P]

And talking of unintelligent players what about Paul Gascoigne? Remember when he was playing for Lazio and the Italian commentator asked him a question? Gazza responded with dignity and politeness by burping into the microphone and pushing the journalists out of the way. It made one proud to be English....[+o(]....arrdee.