Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

can we beat ipswich?

who honestly thinks or is confident we will beat ipswich on sunday? I really cant see it, there currently on a good run have a team that are gelling with a good mix of physical and skillfull players. I think our biggest problem is in defense and i dont see the makeshift backfour being able to cope with there attacking threat. Also this is a first  EA derby for alot of players at norwich will they be able to get fired up? ipswich as we know have a few players who have played and are ipswich through and through like haynes, cuntonago, garvan and miller so they are going to be fired up one presumes.

if we lose sunday we are going to be in big big trouble, confidence among fans and players will be rock bottom. and unfortunately i have no confidence in us beating them

Call it blind faith if you like, but I think we can.  We''re losing games because we switch off for 5 mins at a time and find ourselves a couple of goals down, or make silly mistakes to concede penalties, and then have trouble picking ourselves up again.  The players should be up for this game, as they were against Forest - if they aren''t then that would be unforgivable.

we can win,we have the players, we just have to have the fight for the battle.ipswich are an up and down side themselves, they wont have it all their own way so, hopefully we can pull it off.

Of course we can .The minute you stop believing you may as well quit. I firmly believe that ,with form and league position going out of the window in local derbies, our lads will, with our fervent backing, sweep the scum aside.

A very good appraisal Lincs and we can only hope the weight of expectation works for us.

I do believe we have loyal players though and the fact they keep getting beat but still show good attitude supports this. Marshall is quiet but loyal to NCFC; Bertrand clearly wants to be here; Doc is heart and soul - whatever his other shortcomings; Drury is a legend IMHO; Matty, Crofty and Clinkers are true yellows and Bell is improving all the time.

If Town come into this with the right attitude they will win. Personally, I expect goals and possibly a classic 3 - 2 or 3 - 3.

One thing about this league is the ability for anyone to beat anyone on the day and the inconsistency of 90% of the sides.

agreed! if the players cant be fired up for the biggest macth of the season then each and everyone one of them should be transfer listed or replaced by some fans who will show them what real passion is!

and yes we CAN win.. see my post in the predicitions for the match thread!

jas :)

Of course we can, its a derby game and form means nothing!! And that aside we are capable of winning quite a lot of games, just look at wolves!, However this wont happen because of our defence. I think we will beat Ipswich!

OTBC