Sign in to follow this  
andyhudd

Huddersfield Town fan here

Hiya, Huddersfield Town fan here.

As I''ve seen discussed on here already, it seems Lee Clark will be appointed as our new manager, within the next few days.

The general consensus seems to be that people don''t want Clark to leave?

Does anyone care to tell me a little bit about him, his character, the job he''s done, anything else of interest?

Generally, our lot seem to be slightly underwhelmed (after perhaps, unrealistic Boothroyd and Allardyce links!), but most are willing to wait and see what sort of impact he''d have (supposing he comes).

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, hope you can tell me a bit about Clark!

Cheers,

Andy.

Your welcome to him! Particularly if he takes Roeder with him.

He is coach of a team that is dramatically under performing. He hasn''t been able to coach the team to do the basics like mark opposition players at set pieces or tackle people without getting sent off. He is part of a mangement set up that thinks Antoine SIbierski is a target man and consistently picks players in the wrong position. Quite how much of this he is to blame for is up for debate but as he is probably going to be sacked along with the rest of the Newcastle rejects sometime in the next month or so I would be delighted if you took him as you will have to pay us compensation rather than us pay him up his contract!

Well no one can say he''s really done anything wrong. It''s very hard for any of us to judge an assistant manager in this situation i think.

hi huddfrom a clark pov, if heis leaving, he is leaving a sinking ship, he is clearly an intelligent coach, he held a position with youth and reserves at newcastle before coming here, he is still young as a coach though, so that must be considerede hasnt done anything wrong here but you get the feeling he hasnt really held a position of responsibilty despite his title. i would like to think he would succeed as a manager, but i think he needs more time as a coach, under a better manager.