Sign in to follow this  
Canary

What is it with our defence???

How many red cards is that now??? And how many penalty have we given away? At many points, the defence was a shambles against shef. Wednesday!!! We need to sort it out. Clingan at centre back i would play, and why does roeder not trust otsemebor? I cant see what roeder sees in omazuzi... Or sibieski... who loves the ground so much he has to smell it every few seconds.

Relegation???

[quote user="Aza City4life"]

How many red cards is that now??? And how many penalty have we given away? At many points, the defence was a shambles against shef. Wednesday!!! We need to sort it out. Clingan at centre back i would play, and why does roeder not trust otsemebor? I cant see what roeder sees in omazuzi... Or sibieski... who loves the ground so much he has to smell it every few seconds.

Relegation???

[/quote]I dont think many people would argue with what you have said, as many people have said exactly the same things numerous times. I too would play Otse, and drop Sibierski. I would maybe be a little reluctant to lose Clingan from midfield, but the only real alternative for the scum game is Simon Lappin...... and we all know that Roeder wont go there.

Simon Lappin!!! that would be a huge mistake... I say we play:

Marshall

Otsemobor    Doherty   Clingan   Bertrand

Bell               Russell     Fotheringham   Croft

Lita            Lupoli

Me thinks we miss Dion.

Id imagine if he conceded a penalty, he would be able to talk the ref out of giving it!

Back to the question in hand...

Bertrand is only showing glimpses of last season, Otsemobor hasnt had a good run in the team and therefore isnt anywhere near his potential.

Dejan is crocked, Kennedy slow, the Doc is holding it up a bit. Omozusi I dont think warrants the mixed bag he received on this board.

Roeder cant blame Lappin though.

maybe we should give lappin a chance?? I doubt he would do much... How about otsemobor as a winger??

ummmmm... maybe daring teams... big teams... maye thats all we need, guts. we should try new stuff.

It doesnt help when the fans moan for the players keeping hold of the ball, knocking it back and forth.

Its called possession play! Wait patiently, look for the opening, and exploit it.

Not only is our defence giving away penalties and getting red cards, we''ve also conceeded too many goals. Recently we''ve lost two games 3-2. From the last five games, we have scored 2 goals in four of those games and 1 goal in the other. If you score 2 goals in a game, you should be able to win it yet we have won just one game in our last 5 and lost three. It seems as though scoring goals isn''t a problem but we need to get the back 4 sorted. I know that may seem obvious but I just wanted to write it!!

[quote user="Largey"]

It doesnt help when the fans moan for the players keeping hold of the ball, knocking it back and forth.

Its called possession play! Wait patiently, look for the opening, and exploit it.

[/quote]Yeh couldn''t agree more,knock it around a 5 man midfield and every 5 mins knock it forward for lita to be caught offside,you don''t score many goals but you look good..Then at half-time say how well you have played pat yourselfs on the back and lose the second half 3-1

[quote user="Aza City4life"]

Marshall

Lita            Lupoli

[/quote]

A huge mistake? It annoys me when people pop in once every three or four weeks, to go and post something that has been said a million times already (20 minutes of reading and thinking before posting) and then goes and shows that they are clueless and not up to speed by saying "Simon Lappin!!! that would be a huge mistake".   I guess you did not go to the reserve friendly against Arsenal then, which we won 4-2, and in which Simon Lappin was our joint best perfomer of the night..... playing at centre back.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Aza City4life"]

Marshall

Lita            Lupoli

[/quote]

A huge mistake? It annoys me when people pop in once every three or four weeks, to go and post something that has been said a million times already (20 minutes of reading and thinking before posting) and then goes and shows that they are clueless and not up to speed by saying "Simon Lappin!!! that would be a huge mistake".   I guess you did not go to the reserve friendly against Arsenal then, which we won 4-2, and in which Simon Lappin was our joint best perfomer of the night..... playing at centre back.

[/quote]

Playing Fotheringham and Russell in the middle of the park against Garvan and Miller is three times the mistake of playing Lappin at centre back, and pretty much immediately puts the weakest player in your starting 11 against the best bit of Ipswichs park........ Garvan is the kid to watch, and I would trust Clingan and only Clingan to do that effectively.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]its the constant pressure / bombardment we come under because of no one to hold the ball up the other end...Roeders biggest failing was not finding a target man in the summer[/quote]

What you talking about, They Knew Dion would be leaving even before the first ball was kicked at the start of last season,

so that makes it over a year they should have replaced him

1.   Our central defenders are too slow.  You need at least one with pace.   Doc and Kenneday (or Dejan) may be fine individually, but they don''t work as a partnership as neither has pace.  No surprise that each has been sent off for hauling down a quick forward. 

2.   The goalkeeper is too quiet, doesn''t organise, and transmits uncertainty by flapping at crosses.   Marshall may be a great shot stopper, but he''s a little way off being a great goalkeeper.

3.   We have no target man who can hold the ball up and bring others into play.  Sibierski''s flick ons, even when he is not falling over, don''t constitute holding the ball up, with the result that the pressure is always coming back onto us.

4.   The unbeaten run last year was based on the "one winger" policy.  We abandoned it, and started shipping goals, and haven''t stopped.  I like Croft and Bell, but with two wingers, one of whom doesn''t defend at all (Bell) the defence is exposed.   We have to choose.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Aza City4life"]

Marshall

Lita            Lupoli

[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be the game where he was mostly up against 16/17-year-olds. Yes, he did indeed play well, but try and put him up against the more experienced 26/27-year-old forwards of the Championship and then see how he gets on.

Has your memory blocked out his performances at the back for us in the past, in the first team? Even a half-fit Drury or Bertrand would still be more capable in my opinion.

Aza City4life - you say about Lappin being picked would be a huge mistake, but then you go and stick Lee Croft on the left...[:^)]

sorry i was unable to reply quickly, i would play croft on the left because he is much stronger defensively than bell, and or left side is weaker defensivly... why have consentrate on the right and leave our left wide open... although i think croft and otsemobor work great together... as someone said earlier we are scoring goals, we just need to stop conceading them.

sorry i was unable to reply quickly, i would play croft on the left because he is much stronger defensively than bell, and our left side is weaker defensivly... why concentrate on the right and leave our left wide open... although i think croft and otsemobor work great together... as someone said earlier we are scoring goals, we just need to stop conceading them.