Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Surely the team is too young?

Surely the team is too young for a successful fight against relegation? Apparently, the average age against Forest was 23.

Somebody said you never win championships with youngsters. Do you survive relegation fights with them?

When you add the chopping and changing due to the temporary and uncertain nature of the loanees .....................then things look grimmer.

To survive this season we need 2 or 3 old/older heads - good, solid, consistent professionals - in the January window.

Dublin and Huckerby are gone - Dejan is crocked.

May I start with just  one suggestion?

Try and get in Dean Windass. And what about Martin Taylor - or is he settled with Brum again?

Who would you suggest along these lines?

OTBC

i said about Big Dean Windass in the summer, but i think that he will retire when his contract runs out with Hull, he is hull through and through

>Somebody said you never win championships with youngsters.

Alan Hansen said it about Beckham et al - the year Man Utd proved him wrong.

But yes, a couple of wise old heads are usually required.

[quote user="jetstream"]>Somebody said you never win championships with youngsters. Alan Hansen said it about Beckham et al - the year Man Utd proved him wrong. But yes, a couple of wise old heads are usually required.[/quote]

in essence Hansen was right, Parker, Bruce, McClair, Pallister, Irwin, Cantona and Schmeichel were the back bone of that side.. none of them kids.... its finding the right mix of youth and experience to be succesful.

jas :)

it''s not just experience we need, but a good captain

when things are going bad (like in every game at the moment), someone with some experience, or a good leader will pick the team up and get them moving

we don''t have this and even the likes of Nott Forest and Doncaster do

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Surely the team is too young for a successful fight against relegation? Apparently, the average age against Forest was 23.

[/quote]

Remind me again of the result?

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

i said about Big Dean Windass in the summer, but i think that he will retire when his contract runs out with Hull, he is hull through and through

[/quote]

Yes, but he doesn''t like not playing.

He might just be up for one last hurrah if a deal was packaged well and he was given leadership and inspirational responsibilities........

He would certainly create a buzz, get the crowd going and set an example, one would think.

OTBC

[quote user="San Miguel"]

when things are going bad (like in every game at the moment), someone with some experience, or a good leader will pick the team up and get them moving

[/quote]

hence why we have missed dion more than Hucks imo

jas :)

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

2-1.  Two for the team with an average age of 23: one for the team with an average age of 22.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

2-1.  Two for the team with an average age of 23: one for the team with an average age of 22.

[/quote]

Good, good, now please compare the number of players for each team......

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Empty Mirror"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stop trying to be clever Delia love. It''s just not up your street.

Beating the bottom team in a battle against relegation - even with 10 men - hardly amounts to squat in the argument does it?

Delia. Why don''t you try and focus on the main problems for once, instead of giving us all the impression that you are more comfortable playing dolly house and being the local minor celebrity, eh Delia?

One love.

OTBC 

Bly, a good post - which i totally agree with.Last season we survived by having a good regular team with a few experienced players carrying them through.Obviously, the loss of Dion was a big, big blow. He should, however, still have been replaced.The problem is, albeit experience does count, but, we still have no natural leader on the pitch.I wouldn''t say Dublin was a natural leader either, BUT he did do the job of spurring people on and supporting players. He did a lot more than he probably got credit for.

Give us a leader Roeder! Or we''ll be stuck with a team of quiet yes-men...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Somebody said you never win championships with youngsters. Do you survive relegation fights with them?

When you add the chopping and changing due to the temporary and uncertain nature of the loanees .....................then things look grimmer.

To survive this season we need 2 or 3 old/older heads - good, solid, consistent professionals - in the January window.

Dublin and Huckerby are gone - Dejan is crocked.

May I start with just  one suggestion?

Try and get in Dean Windass. And what about Martin Taylor - or is he settled with Brum again?

Who would you suggest along these lines?

OTBC

[/quote]

Well Bly we couldn''t afford him in 1995 I don''t suppose we can afford him now as we appear to be skint, end of story....arrdee.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Empty Mirror"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beating the bottom team in a battle against relegation - even with 10 men - hardly amounts to squat in the argument does it?

Delia. Why don''t you try and focus on the main problems for once, instead of giving us all the impression that you are more comfortable playing dolly house and being the local minor celebrity, eh Delia?

One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

I have no idea what you are talking about..

Dolly House? WTF? You really are off your rocker.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Empty Mirror"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

I have no idea what you are talking about..

Dolly House? WTF? You really are off your rocker.

[/quote]

Yes Dolly House, Delia. You know that thing you love throwing your toys out of when you can''t have your own way.

Dear oh dear, it seems you''re having senior moments now as well. Deary me.

Actually, I don''t have  a rocker. Must suggest to the wife that we get one for Xmas.

I meeeeeeeeeeeannn wtf girrrrrrrrrrrrrlllly...............................WTF!

OTBC 

I reckon Taylor was the defender that we missed out last week. GR said that he was a regular and has fallen out of favour with the team.