Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard?

Just been listening to that great song by Paul Simon. What lovely happy music it is. It beats most contemporary atonal crap into a cocked hat. Why can''t anybody write decent melodies these days?

[quote user="AndyJR"]What song do people associate with successful times at Norwich City?
[/quote]

There was that jolly tune we used to sing "Going up, up, up" to during the Worthy Championship-winning promotion season. Those were the days when almost the whole ground were singing. Happy memories!

"Two little boys" used to be sung (god knows why)when part of the barclay used to swap ends at half time, if we kicked towards river end in second half in the late 60''s early 70''s. Yes, it could be done!

"we hate nottingham forest etc" was also a tune sung with gusto.

I was just thinking yesterday that I couldnt remember the last time I sang ''Que sera sera. Whatever will be will be.We''re going to Wemberley. Que sera sera''. And even less so ''Tell me Ma me Ma. To put the champagne on ice. We''re going to Wembley twice. Que sera sera''.

What I would give to go back to these times. They seemed normality at the time.  :( 

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Just been listening to that great song by Paul Simon. What lovely happy music it is. It beats most contemporary atonal crap into a cocked hat. Why can''t anybody write decent melodies these days?[/quote]I prefer Graceland to his earlier work personally.For similar-ish styles and decent melodies these days, see if you can get any albums by Jim Guthrie or "Seven Swans" by Sufjan Stevens.

There is loads of brilliant music being made, it is just the crap which is pushed in peoples faces. You have to look for beautiful melodies these days, and there is lots out there under the ground.

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]Just been listening to that great song by Paul Simon. What lovely happy music it is. It beats most contemporary atonal crap into a cocked hat. Why can''t anybody write decent melodies these days?[/quote]

I prefer Graceland to his earlier work personally.

For similar-ish styles and decent melodies these days, see if you can get any albums by Jim Guthrie or "Seven Swans" by Sufjan Stevens.

[/quote]

Musical equation for you:

Graceland (Paul Simon)  +  Is This It (The Strokes)  =  Vampire Weekend