Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Possible Signings...

I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.Paul McVeigh (Luton) - Scored the equaliser last night for Luton!

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.Paul McVeigh (Luton) - Scored the equaliser last night for Luton!

[/quote]i''d take a punt of hughes - a one in two ratio is v. good, make no mistake, should have the potential to train on...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.Paul McVeigh (Luton) - Scored the equaliser last night for Luton!

[/quote]i''d take a punt of hughes - a one in two ratio is v. good, make no mistake, should have the potential to train on...[/quote]Do you know who he is? its the Lee Hughes that spent 3 years in prison....

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.Paul McVeigh (Luton) - Scored the equaliser last night for Luton!

[/quote]i''d take a punt of hughes - a one in two ratio is v. good, make no mistake, should have the potential to train on...[/quote]Do you know who he is? its the Lee Hughes that spent 3 years in prison....[/quote]doesnt matter, he served a time, he is a player, he scores goals (kinda) thats what matters now.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.Paul McVeigh (Luton) - Scored the equaliser last night for Luton!

[/quote]i''d take a punt of hughes - a one in two ratio is v. good, make no mistake, should have the potential to train on...[/quote]Do you know who he is? its the Lee Hughes that spent 3 years in prison....[/quote]lol - tbh i thought it might be in the back of my mind, but on that paltry wage, i guessed he should be a young upstart...still - the 1 in 2 ratio don''t lie, and maybe hughes learned alot about himself in prison (who wouldn''t) that could be helping the boy now...big and strong - directand physical, perfect man for a rele battle imo...

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:

Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....

Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.

Paul McVeigh (Luton) - Scored the equaliser last night for Luton!

[/quote]

i''d take a punt of hughes - a one in two ratio is v. good, make no mistake, should have the potential to train on...
[/quote]

Do you know who he is? its the Lee Hughes that spent 3 years in prison....
[/quote]
doesnt matter, he served a time, he is a player, he scores goals (kinda) thats what matters now.
[/quote]

''served his time'' oh yes 3 years for drunkenly murdering someones father and running away like the coward he is, still I suppose you''ll be outraged at everything Norris does on Sunday, lovely old hypocrisy.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.Paul McVeigh (Luton) - Scored the equaliser last night for Luton!

[/quote]i''d take a punt of hughes - a one in two ratio is v. good, make no mistake, should have the potential to train on...[/quote]Do you know who he is? its the Lee Hughes that spent 3 years in prison....[/quote]doesnt matter, he served a time, he is a player, he scores goals (kinda) thats what matters now. [/quote]

''served his time'' oh yes 3 years for drunkenly murdering someones father and running away like the coward he is, still I suppose you''ll be outraged at everything Norris does on Sunday, lovely old hypocrisy.

[/quote]Exactly!

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.Paul McVeigh (Luton) - Scored the equaliser last night for Luton!

[/quote]i''d take a punt of hughes - a one in two ratio is v. good, make no mistake, should have the potential to train on...[/quote]Do you know who he is? its the Lee Hughes that spent 3 years in prison....[/quote]doesnt matter, he served a time, he is a player, he scores goals (kinda) thats what matters now. [/quote]

[/quote]Exactly![/quote]im not saying that the time he did was enough, but, its irrelivent now as he is out and playing and being discussed as a transfer target by fellow posters!!!!!im not condoning what he did by saying he served a time period, often justice isnt provided. i thought he deserved a lot longer, but is it relevent now he is out?

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[/quote]Exactly![/quote]im not saying that the time he did was enough, but, its irrelivent now as he is out and playing and being discussed as a transfer target by fellow posters!!!!!im not condoning what he did by saying he served a time period, often justice isnt provided. i thought he deserved a lot longer, but is it relevent now he is out?[/quote]I would be ashamed if he ever played for Norwich City... would not want any of my money paying his wages.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:

Matty Fryatt (Leicester) -  Has rejected a second contract offer and will be leaving for free at end of year. Therefore, maybe we could get him for 200kish? Apparently Wolves, Sheff Utd and Preston are on the chase though.....

Lee Hughes (Oldham) - Could we be the ones that give him a chance? I dont think that I would, but with a 400k release clause whoever does decide to give him that chance will get a good striker. Has scored 12 goals in 25 games for Oldham this year. Is only on £1800 a week.

[/quote]

i''d take a punt of hughes - a one in two ratio is v. good, make no mistake, should have the potential to train on...
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol - tbh i thought it might be in the back of my mind, but on that paltry wage, i guessed he should be a young upstart...

still - the 1 in 2 ratio don''t lie, and maybe hughes learned alot about himself in prison (who wouldn''t) that could be helping the boy now...

big and strong - directand physical, perfect man for a rele battle imo...

[/quote]

lee hughes  wages shouldn`t be a problem 2 oz of drum and a bar of fruit and nut  a week should appeal  to our board  [:D]

I feel a little bit sorry for Paul.  To try and get him off the wage bill - he''s on quite good money - Luton circulated his availability for months and there was not a single taker.  Not one inquiry.  Not even from a Conference Premier side.  Paul admitted as much in a somewhat sad interview in the local Luton News.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I feel a little bit sorry for Paul.  To try and get him off the wage bill - he''s on quite good money - Luton circulated his availability for months and there was not a single taker.  Not one inquiry.  Not even from a Conference Premier side.  Paul admitted as much in a somewhat sad interview in the local Luton News.[/quote]I feel for Paul as well...... Camuldonum you wouldnt even be able to understand how quality that boy was, we signed him from Spurs for 50k (where he was Peter Crouches strike partner in the reserves), he then played in the reserves for us for a year when Worthy came out publicly and basically said that he is quality but needs to earn his place in the team.He was out best player in the season we reached the playoff season, and it all makes me think what could have been. He excited me as a player in that season, and some of the season after, as much as Darren Huckerby ever did. His first touch and his quick feet were sublime, I have never seen a player make trapping a ball look so easy.I will never ever forget the way that Paul McVeigh made the game of football look easy for two seasons. And I feel sorry for him that it has come to this. I think it must have been a confidence thing, he fell out of favour with Worthy after being his golden boy, then let his standards slip. The truth is that he could have played at the top.He will never play at that level again, but I still think he could be very valuable to Luton in trying to avoid the drip. A nice fella as well, like the beer a little too much, but nothing like Mulryne.Does anybody know whether he has been doing ok for Luton? he has scored a couple of important goals for them this season, but still looks overweight.....

I would also be ashamed if we signed Lee Hughes. To be honest he was a complete w*nker on the pitch even before he killed anybody. Just appears to be a disgusting human being. If staying up means signing him then bring on League 1.

[quote user="wayne kerr"]speak for yourself i`d take peter sutcliffe if he could get us 20 goals a season [;)][/quote]

Lol lets try get him!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh peter

He killed another one

Ohhhhhhhhhhh peter

can imagine it now :-D

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
doesnt matter, he served a time, he is a player, he scores goals (kinda) thats what matters now.
[/quote]

''served his time'' oh yes 3 years for drunkenly murdering someones father and running away like the coward he is, [/quote]

Then went back and handed himself in when he sobered up.

Bugger me.. what he did was wrong and nobody is disputing that BUT it was a tragic ACCIDENT, get off your high horse and quit acting like the guy is a mass murderer, it''s something the guy has to live with for the rest of his life and i''m sure he''s not proud of it.

Give people a break mate, imagine if you''d stupidly drove drunk and the same thing happened.... you didn''t mean to do it but people are throwing crap you way regardless. It''s ridiculous.

i would have paul mcveigh back here.. i thought he was underated ..he got some important goals for us, he was with us when we won the championship wasnt he,,??

[quote user="wayne kerr"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]I know that we havent got any money..... but if we could somehow manage to find a little, I would look at:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol - tbh i thought it might be in the back of my mind, but on that paltry wage, i guessed he should be a young upstart...

still - the 1 in 2 ratio don''t lie, and maybe hughes learned alot about himself in prison (who wouldn''t) that could be helping the boy now...

big and strong - directand physical, perfect man for a rele battle imo...

[/quote]

lee hughes  wages shouldn`t be a problem 2 oz of drum and a bar of fruit and nut  a week should appeal  to our board  [:D]

[/quote]

Gold! [:D]

[quote user="singing canary"]i would have paul mcveigh back here.. i thought he was underated ..he got some important goals for us, he was with us when we won the championship wasnt he,,??[/quote]

He did a great job for us in his day.. always played best when his contract was up for renewal though if I remember right.

I cant'' see Roeder being his biggest fan though - he had a few bad habits!