Sign in to follow this  
One Flew Over...

Academy Catchment Solution?

As has been discussed numerous times, we are at a disadvantage due to the 1 hour maximum travelling rule that applies to youth players between the ages of 9-13.I think this is one and a half hours between the ages 13-16. However I read somewhere that each club is allowed one satellite academy. Would the expense of a training ground and some coaches be worth it to vastly expand our catchment area? Do any other clubs take advantage of this rule?

another way to beat this is to setup links between dutch FA for example (an hour away as the crow flies) you get weet with them, they pass you on good knowledge.or to setup a link with a foreign team in which players can be loaned to/from. sheff utd and ferencavos (hungarian)

[quote user="jay kay"]its not a ridiculous answer, man u have used this loophole in the past to get players in[/quote]Such as the one mentioned earlier. Its 1 hour travel, a plane counts. If only Norwich was a major airport...

Man USA have been using the one hour flight loophole for years, it''s time we started it.

Norwich Airport, regular flights to & from Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Dublin, Manchester, Edinburgh & Paris !

With the one hour flight I assume this means it is possible to travel between two places with scheduled flights, rather than that the players actually do use a plane everyday?Do Arsenal have a satellite in the States too? I''m sure they have a Mexican teenager playing for them..

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]With the one hour flight I assume this means it is possible to travel between two places with scheduled flights, rather than that the players actually do use a plane everyday?Do Arsenal have a satellite in the States too? I''m sure they have a Mexican teenager playing for them..[/quote]Carlos Vela was signed from a Mexican club, so a different issue.