Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Omasnoozy/Drury playing Centre-Back with Doherty...were doomed

Both of these players have looked completely out of their depth playing centre back as theyre simply not big enough, and neither have the experience or know-how positional wise to play centre-back...and all this along side mr doherty, who love him or hate him isn''t exactly mr reliabilityHowever after bertrand''s recently poor form, I would like to see Drury play left-back as he still does a decent job in his natural positionI''m not sure why GR keeps going on about how ''Clingan is too important for us to play there''...I''m sorry but you could stevie gerrard playing centre mid but it wouldn''t stop us leaking poor goals against counago/stead/haynes...He looks a better player at centre-back and he''s a holding midfield player anyway who rarely passes the ball forwardI would like to see the side that finished the match vs Palace, maybe putting russell on for fozzy, and having pattison initially starting on the left instead of bell just to give us a little bit more solidarity and compactness for the first halve or so in a hustle/bustle match like a derby

[quote user="The Lord"]Both of these players have looked completely out of their depth playing centre back as theyre simply not big enough, and neither have the experience or know-how positional wise to play centre-back...and all this along side mr doherty, who love him or hate him isn''t exactly mr reliability

However after bertrand''s recently poor form, I would like to see Drury play left-back as he still does a decent job in his natural position

I''m not sure why GR keeps going on about how ''Clingan is too important for us to play there''...I''m sorry but you could stevie gerrard playing centre mid but it wouldn''t stop us leaking poor goals against counago/stead/haynes...He looks a better player at centre-back and he''s a holding midfield player anyway who rarely passes the ball forward

I would like to see the side that finished the match vs Palace, maybe putting russell on for fozzy, and having pattison initially starting on the left instead of bell just to give us a little bit more solidarity and compactness for the first halve or so in a hustle/bustle match like a derby
[/quote]

Agree with much of what you say. GR will stick to his favourites again, unfortunately, which means Plastic at left back (who is a shadow of the player he was last season) and the Fulham lad at centre back. Just as a concession, we MAY get Wes in the hole behind Lita but I would''nt put any money on it!

IMO we have to pack the midfield and hit them on the break. If we play a conventional 4-4-2 with two wide men plus two isolated strikers, we''ll get stuffed. From memory, did not GR mess up on the team formation at Portman Road in April with Cureton playing virtually as a winger??      

Drury must play left back on Sunday - surely that is clear to see. Bertrand has not played well all season, and Drury has offered more in his limited pitch time there than Berty all season. This would leave Omozusi at centre back - something I would be quite comfortable with. Personally think he gets too much stick on here.

[quote user="The Lord"]Both of these players have looked completely out of their depth playing centre back as theyre simply not big enough, and neither have the experience or know-how positional wise to play centre-back...and all this along side mr doherty, who love him or hate him isn''t exactly mr reliability

However after bertrand''s recently poor form, I would like to see Drury play left-back as he still does a decent job in his natural position

I''m not sure why GR keeps going on about how ''Clingan is too important for us to play there''...I''m sorry but you could stevie gerrard playing centre mid but it wouldn''t stop us leaking poor goals against counago/stead/haynes...He looks a better player at centre-back and he''s a holding midfield player anyway who rarely passes the ball forward

I would like to see the side that finished the match vs Palace, maybe putting russell on for fozzy, and having pattison initially starting on the left instead of bell just to give us a little bit more solidarity and compactness for the first halve or so in a hustle/bustle match like a derby
[/quote]

With that never say die attitude, I can see why your tenure as England manager was so successful, Mr. Lord.  Other than that, a good post, agree with what you say about Clingan.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Drury must play left back on Sunday - surely that is clear to see. Bertrand has not played well all season, and Drury has offered more in his limited pitch time there than Berty all season. This would leave Omozusi at centre back - something I would be quite comfortable with. Personally think he gets too much stick on here.[/quote]

I have to say out of all the players this season, Omozusi has looked the poorest. It''s a shame cause the lad had real promise by all accounts and yes he''s young and being a defender you naturally get better with experience but for me this season he''s been a complete liability, though I can''t think of a centre defender that deserves to play there at the moment. Earlier on dejan and kennedy looked superb but even kennedy has looked shaky of late.]

On the subject of ''never say die attitude'' though blah, lee croft has really impressed me this season. He really does put everything into the game and for my money is our player of the season halve way in.

Not Omozusi''s biggest fan, but the two clean sheets we''ve kept this season have both come with him playing centre half I believe. Would much rather he played there with Drury at left back.