Sign in to follow this  
carrotroad

Column slagging off Roeder over Troy debacle

Quote from the article -

"Everyone makes mistakes, I''m not expecting Roeder to be perfect, but surely he has to put his hands up to what was an almighty gaffe."

Roeder did admit to this mistake, didn''t he?

Yes, he said at the AGM he brought the player in on someone''s reccomendation without having seen him play.  When he got here, it was apparent he was not up to Championship standard, he admitted he got it wrong.

What do I reckon?I reckon there''s some poor quality journalism out there if this column is anything to go by.I''m getting truly sick of people suggesting garbage formations like 4-5-1, particularly when the lone striker in these situations generally needs to be a strong target man player who will hold the ball up, something Lita is not (despite his other qualities). Add in the fact that this formation leaves out Lupoli - statistically our best performing striker based on minutes played to goal ratio.The columnist also missed the fact that Roeder had already admitted to making a mistake over the Troy situation, but the criticism over this is slightly unfair. We don''t know who gave Roeder the info on Troy, and if it was someone well respected in the footballing world, then there''s already grounds there to consider taking the play on their recommendation. I personally wouldn''t go for it unless I''d seen the player, even if it was only video footage.Then we get a ridiculous statement about Shackell''s transfer, a player who was often inconsistent and lacking in confidence whilst here, yet since his move to Wolves is now being toted as a player who''s "quality" we could really use. Sorry, I''ll take the likes of players such as Kennedy over Shackell every day of the week. Even during his short loan spell Taylor showed how much better he was than Shackell.Can''t agree with the columnist I''m afraid, so thumbs down from me on this.Indy.

Roeders only mistake? did somebody else suggest to him that Lupoli was a 90 minute player, yet to last longer than an hour. Kennedy the best centre half he''s ever worked with, the best fullback pairing in the league. Hoolahan the new hero? Sibierski the final piece of the jigsaw? Put Eagle on the payroll. Perhaps the Troy AH mistake was his only one that week.

Get Troy back here for Sunday. See attached (I know it''s Scum news but read the final few paragraphs)

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/greenun/sport/football/championship/ipswich-town/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=GreenunOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED04%20Dec%202008%2011%3A34%3A47%3A983

Also, anyone got a cold that fancies a trip to Portaloo Road?

Re - David Powles article about the Troy loan debacle (already old news), perhaps he should focus his attention on why loanee OJ Koroma''s first league start was at Southampton, which was the nearest club to Portsmouth, the club which we are borrowing him from.

Regardless of how OJ played at Southampton (he had a couple of good runs, looked ok-ish but missed two good chances and was subbed after an hour or so) his selection was a scandal.

Before that game he had three early season sub appearances and started at MK, then was an un-used sub for a month or so.

Then as if by magic he was selected away at Southampton. Why was that? Any guesses?

Another pants column.And dropping Bell for Russell would be ridiculous, Bell''s dead ball delivery is quality and he will create more chances in a game than Russeell would in a month.