Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

American Canaries Rejoice!

For those of us in the US who pay for Setanta either on Direct TV or online, we were gutted to hear that they would not be showing the derby.  Instead they were showing rugby across their channels.  After some snooping by fellow new york canary Bigus, we see that ESPN 360 is showing the game free, online.  I doubt they will use their own commentators so I imagine we will get the same ones you have on Sky.  This is the 2nd time we can see the Canaries live (Forest game being the first) but this is the first time it has been on a free ESPN broadcast. 

Thats great news for you, Hope we get the right result, Setanta is Ok if you watch a lot of premier football, I use it alot watching the Golf, and on the odd occasion thay might play Championship football, but a bit of news for next season is that the BBC are covering the Championship which will include live matches,  

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]can we watch it online over here?
[/quote]

I don''t know if ESPN 360 has geographic restrictions.  I imagine it does.  Not all ISP''s here in the states carry it.  When you go to the ESPN 360 site, you have to click and have it check to see if it works for you or if your ISP is "approved" by ESPN.

That is fantastic news, I have only just moved out to California, so a chance to catch my first game of the season.

The bad news is that, because of the time difference, kick off will be 5.15am!

Im sure it will be worth it?

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]For those of us in the US who pay for Setanta either on Direct TV or online, we were gutted to hear that they would not be showing the derby.  Instead they were showing rugby across their channels.  After some snooping by fellow new york canary Bigus, we see that ESPN 360 is showing the game free, online.  I doubt they will use their own commentators so I imagine we will get the same ones you have on Sky.  This is the 2nd time we can see the Canaries live (Forest game being the first) but this is the first time it has been on a free ESPN broadcast. [/quote]

I am pleased for you Justin I hope you enjoy it and we get the right result. Of course if Yankee gets the Free Bet correct this weekend as well this will be the icing on the cake for you....arrdee.

I have Qwest as my ISP here in WY but they are not affiliated with ESPN so it''s not available to me [:''(]Should be available on Sopcast though.