Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Greedy Premier League

I’m sure most people saw – or at least knew that the Arsenal team that played Wigan Tuesday night was made up of their youth/reserve team players.

Their squad including the youths and players on loan is 46!! I have not looked at Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool.

My point is that in all honesty, and I’m sure most would agree that they could put a reserve team out that would win most games in Championship.

They are so greedy that half the squad doesn’t get a look in and just sits in the stand. This results in Championship clubs getting less of a choice from the new talent every year, because the likes of the big four poach the youngsters, to just sit the youth/reserve team.

Another example – Man City have Jo, Robinho, Benjani, Vassell, Sturridge, Bojinov, (the list goes on) as strikers and one of our star players from last year Ched Evans does not get a look in.

Due to the size of these squads the like of Fulham, Wigan, Hull etc (middle table premier league teams) sign Championship players, as hope to try and avoid relegation. The cycle continues as Norwich now have to look at League 1 players to stay in Championship.

Moan over!!

Good point, and you''re right!But that''s why they loan players out to the lower leagues, and also why there was the introduction of 7 subtitutes as opposed to 5 - to have some youth players on the bench. More and more teams are drafting in younger players (Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City) but this still doesn''t seem to be enough for me.But at the same time, it can help us and other championship, like Evans and Betrand last season!Evans is getting a look in btw, he came on for Man City last night as Jo was CRAP!

Besides, we have a good youth set up of our own - we just never use it.

you have to question the players ambition as well, ok they can go round saying there at arsenal  or united but they must know there never going to get a 1st team game, having said that its not like we give our own youngsters a chance is it [:|]