Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Norwich City: once a respectable team

Newman!!! Total donkey who threw away the first leg against Inter after we''d completely out played them. We have better now, though I''ll give you the rest.

[quote user="singing canary"]

best game was sutton united 8-1

kevin drinkell and malcolm allen always scoring goals

[/quote]

It was 8-0!!! But what a superb team we had back then. Flecky bagged a hatrick that day, and little Malcolm Allen scored 4. And the underrated Trevor Putney got the other. If I remember correctly that team went onto the semi-finals and came 4th in the old Division 1.

Gunn, Culverhouse, Bowen, Linighan, Butterworth, Gordon, Crook, Townsend, Putney, Fleck, Rosario/Allen.

What a team! Will we ever see the likes again?

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

It was 8-0!!! But what a superb team we had back then. Flecky bagged a hatrick that day, and little Malcolm Allen scored 4. And the underrated Trevor Putney got the other. If I remember correctly that team went onto the semi-finals and came 4th in the old Division 1.

Gunn, Culverhouse, Bowen, Linighan, Butterworth, Gordon, Crook, Townsend, Putney, Fleck, Rosario/Allen.

[/quote]don''t m8 - its cruel to talk about it - we seem like a million miles away from that...some great memories though, make no mistake...[<:o)]

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope so, but don''t think so. Maybe a spell in league one will give our academy boys a chance. Not that I want it but at least these lads will play for the CLUB and not just for the cash...initially :-)

Crook, Fleck, Gunn, Foxy... Heroes forever!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

don''t m8 - its cruel to talk about it - we seem like a million miles away from that...some great memories though, make no mistake...[<:o)]

[/quote]

Agree with you LGT ,how far are we away from a team like that,just makes me angry,i loved watching Disco Dale Gordon, i believe Ronaldo copied his step over!!!