Sign in to follow this  
Loughborough Canary

And John Motson says:

It still astonishes me that people really think that Palace have a better chance of staying up than we do - they seem to overlook the fact that we won the title with ease, 8 points clear of 2nd and 15 (yep, count them, 15!!!) points clear of third. We have strengthened quite significantly this summer, too, while Palace have carried out a similar exercise. Ok, WBA have probably got a little more clout than we have, but our brand of football is much more suited to the top flight than theirs.......

Mind you, what does Motson know anyway? Legend? In his own lunchtime maybe.......

Well John Motson has Suffolk connections and gave money to Ipswich''s share issue last season so when he says he "fears for Norwich" he probably means that he "fears" we will stay up.

I once had an interesting conversation with Mr Motson who was...shall we say... quite animated and appeared to me to be a little "tired and emotional". But thats another story.

The pundits seem quick to praise Dowie''s pedigree, but I think its a bit premature. Maybe he''s a great manager in the making or maybe he was just in the right place at the right time last season. Surely Worthy''s much more proven at this stage.

"You never know about Crystal Palace under Ian Dowie."

Can I have Mottson''s job please? Any one of us could write something more insightful than that.

The weird thing about these critics is that they seem to know about as much about Norwich as I do about a team that has just been promoted to Serie A. I bet I could spend a couple of hours online and find out enough to write something at least resembling an analysis. Are they really that focussed on the ''big'' teams? In which case, when they get past them, they should just write; "Beyond that I haven''t a clue, and there''s no point in me suggesting where they will finish in the league based on one solitary fact I know about them, or one signing they''ve made that I have never heard of, or simply because all promoted teams automatically go back down."...

..."Er, don''t they? Who stayed up last season then?"

What on earth is it about Ian Dowie that leads all these pundits to come out with all these quotes. Ok he seems a decent manager but Palace always had a fairly good side and all he did was get them to perform as they were capable of.

How so many people can think that Palace will finish above us despite having strengthened less than us and having finished 15/18 points behind last season is beyond me!

We took 2 more points than Palace even during the period after he took over!

Ah well, I guess we''ll just have to enjoy ramming it down their throats all season then, won''t we? Be prepared for many more patronising statements; ''plucky little Norwich'', ''Canaries knocked off their perch'' etc etc

"What on earth is it about Ian Dowie"... I think its simply that he caught the headlines with Palace''s late surge last season, and based on that one (admittedly fairly impressive) fact, the media predict great things from him. It goes to show how much depth there is(n''t) to their analysis.

Fret not my green and yellow chums. It was always so and always will be. People never respect us enough- but at their peril be it.

Even in 1992 when we were top at Christmas and playing in Europe the press reported as though we were a charming side from the Ryman league. We just have to enjoy putting egg on thier faces.....

Remeber the Alan hansen view of us then!! Not the most popular on the Barclay me-remembers.
Although revenge may be a sin, it''s a dish best eaten cold: get the picninc tables out for next May!!

''Well it''s a game of 2 halves, funny old game! Never mind Ian dowie, you can never write off the Germans, Italy have to be favorites but which dutch team will turn up? Sweden & Denmark play an English Style game. To be fair the three that have come up are going to struggle and have to be favorites to go straight back down!''

God how hard is being a television pundit? They are so boring, put no thought into what they are saying and constantly repeat themselves and each other!

On a similar note was reading FourFourTwo''s preview section: Palace 18th, WBA 19th, Norwich 20th! What do they base these things on, clearly not last seasons league table, how many points did we finish above palace?

I was going to say alphabetic order, but its not even that. Basically I think its simple: "Norwich, never heard of any of their players, must be crap". Oh and perhaps they went on the Sky website, saw our squad contains Cooper, Giallanza, Easton, Crichton etc and decided "their squad isn''t good enough".

It''d be funny if it wasn''t so tragic!