Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Norwich City youth FA Cup Match...

[quote user="AndyJR"]I know not CT, I gandered this information from WOTB.  [:D]
[/quote]

Andy you have the ability to find things that is remarkable. One of the posters I always check out!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I know not CT, I gandered this information from WOTB.  [:D][/quote]

Andy you have the ability to find things that is remarkable. One of the posters I always check out!

[/quote]My spies and informant''s are everywhere.  [H]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Full Time - We win 1 - 0, happy days!!!

[/quote]

Thanks Andy had to miss tonight so it''s good to get the score.

It would be good for all if the lads did well this year.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Full Time - We win 1 - 0, happy days!!![/quote]I heard it was one way for the full 90, and we were unlucky not to have more.If so, again this is encouraging stuff.And all without the likes of Daley, Renton and Lathrope...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Just back from the game, we played some good stuff and fully deserved to win but I was more concerned about not freezing to death...[/quote]excellent - well done boys, and well done GH - much respect for shelling out your hard earned in such cold conditions!!! [:D]

Adeyemi is quality, reminded me of a better Damien Francis. Korey Smith was pretty good as well. Our strikers were nothing to rave about, but apparantly one of them was a defender playing out of position so I''ll forgive them!

Complete one way traffic, I was impressed by the passing and movement but more suprised at how poor Wigan were! They did nothing at all!

I went to the game aswell and I can only put the excitement on here down to the bad first team results, Wigan were poor, but then again they are only in the youth alliance and play most weeks against poor oposition and this showed. There were a few players who looked like they had something about them, the one who stood out was young Tom Adeyemi. The right back for city was very wasteful with his distribution and I can only agree that Danny Kelly looks like a central defender and not the striker Norwich are trying to turn him in to. Hopefully we get a good draw in the next round.

A fantastic results!Regardless of the scoreline, a win is a win. It sounds like we have a promising set of youth players to finally come through the system! Lets hope Roeder doesn''t destroy them too!

Thought it was a pretty poor game myself (And freezing cold!!!!). It was noticeable Wigan only play in the alliance, and they seemed way off pace. I can hardly think of a meaningful Latics attack!!? Would have liked to have seen us beat them by 3 or 4, but we seemed content to pass it around the back and midfield keeping possession, but getting nowhere fast.

A win is a win though, I guess.

Well done to those who braved the cold weather. Boys to my liking overpassed the ball , too often going sideways or backwards. However a result is a result and thought back four looked solid without being under pressure, midfield did ok but lacked creativity whilst strikers had to run , chase and harry without much chance of getting a sniff.  deserved the win and are in the hat for next round. my man of match david stephens .

Or should we give Roeder some credit for at last getting some success with the Youth section - lets face it, we have been starved of any quality at all to come out of the Youths for years! A club like ours will only survive in the New Climate by developing our own players, as we wil never have the cash to spend our way to success. Thats the exclusive way for a small number of elite Clubs. When you see what our Suffolk neighbours have done with their smallish pot of cash (because thats what £12M quid is now) - e.g. Campo on a 2 year deal - anything less than a Mult-Billionaire with an open purse is not going to work. Lets hope GR can keep us up, and bring through some decent youngsters in time for next season.

I can''t see why Roeder would get any credit for this... he doesn''t manage the youth team and given he has been here a year, he can''t take credit for bringing any of these kids through.

You are so right tht Roedant shouldn''t get any credit for any youth coming through. Idoubt he''s ever watched half of them - you can bet your sweet life he will be wanting to watch the game against Arsenal coming up soon - he''s only interested in Arsenal youth - I see he''s anxious to get more loanees from them as stated in the Pink''un!  I see the lad Reeves was given Man of the Match by Foncy but I do believe the pooor sod didn''t even get a scholarship - yep the Academy sure chews them up and spits em out - unless of course they come from Arsenal!

YEA KELLY IS A DEFENDER - JUST COME BACK FROM MALTA WITH THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND - HE CAPTAINED THE SIDE TO QUALIFY FOR THE NEXT ELITE STAGES OF THE UNDER 19 EUROPEANS - IT SEEMS NORWICH HAVE USED HIM QUITE FREQUENTLY AS A STRIKER WHILE RENTON WAS OUT INJURED AND OF COURSE RENTON WAS TOO OLD TO PLAY LAST NIGHT - THE LAD''S VERSATILE -ALL POWER TO HIS ELBOW - WELL DONE MATE