Sign in to follow this  
kevin brighton

Lets Be Positive! An Idea!

So no one wants to buy our club at least for now. We have average of about 23,000 regular fans a debt of 18/19 Million Pounds and Delia needs to find another 2.5M if some of the messages on this site are to be believed. Close to administration and close to relegation?

£18,000,000 divided by 23,000 = £750 per supporter. Not all will be able to afford that kind of investment but a fair number can possibly afford more so not such a wild idea. The fans buy out the debt on a proviso that Delia and the board puts £5,000,000 into a transfer fund. We will never see our money back, well possibly not but there must be a few supporters out there that could stucture a deal that would see the fans receive a benefit such as a fixed rate for their season ticket for the next five or ten years.

Maybe such a move would encourage the likes of Peter Cullum to put in some funds and would see the club in the fans hands. Pie in the sky well maybe but its an idea. Its a discussion point.

In my opinion, it shouldn''t be up to us to bail the board out. I know it is not necessarily their fault that we are so much in debt, but they are the people who''s responsibility it should be to pay it off. Also a £5m transfer fund is not going to make such an impact, if we pay off £18m then why shouldn''t they offer up £18m for transfers?

The thing is it is not a good idea, I challenge you to find 23,000 who will commit to it, 23,000 didn''t buy shares now did they.

[quote user="kevin brighton"]

So no one wants to buy our club at least for now. We have average of about 23,000 regular fans a debt of 18/19 Million Pounds and Delia needs to find another 2.5M if some of the messages on this site are to be believed. Close to administration and close to relegation?

£18,000,000 divided by 23,000 = £750 per supporter. Not all will be able to afford that kind of investment but a fair number can possibly afford more so not such a wild idea. The fans buy out the debt on a proviso that Delia and the board puts £5,000,000 into a transfer fund. We will never see our money back, well possibly not but there must be a few supporters out there that could stucture a deal that would see the fans receive a benefit such as a fixed rate for their season ticket for the next five or ten years.

Maybe such a move would encourage the likes of Peter Cullum to put in some funds and would see the club in the fans hands. Pie in the sky well maybe but its an idea. Its a discussion point.

[/quote]

There''s an interesting article about Supporters Trusts in this month''s When Saturday Comes. There is no doubt that they will become more of a factor as the credit crunch hits football. Your idea is good in principle but can you see the professional malcontents like Smudger actually putting their money where their mouth is?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

[/quote]

There''s an interesting article about Supporters Trusts in this month''s When Saturday Comes. There is no doubt that they will become more of a factor as the credit crunch hits football. Your idea is good in principle but can you see the professional malcontents like Smudger actually putting their money where their mouth is?

[/quote]

We have a supporters trust already. I dont think that they have brought many shares though.

hang on - we''ve done a full circle here...didn''t many fans subscribe to a share offer - that when matched by the board - put a sizeable investment onto the pitch that helped get us promoted???didn''t the board then decide by themselves, to revert back to type, and shun this successful speculative investment model - in favour of a more traditional prudent ''charlton model''???haven''t they since screwed up at every turn???

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would need a lot of money to fill that mouth!!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s really amusing ( and probably explains his low profile over the last 48 hours) is that he has complained to the mods about people abusing him! What a big tough boy he is.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]The thing is it is not a good idea, I challenge you to find 23,000 who will commit to it, 23,000 didn''t buy shares now did they.[/quote]

Why challenge me as I said its an idea and by the number of replies it appears that we the supporters are so far gone or suffering from abject lethargy. I really don''t care who thinks this is a bad idea or a good idea but I do care enough to be concerned about the future of the club on and off the pitch. Delia well what is the point of knocking her or going over the history, we are where we are no matter who or what is to blame.

If it takes debate to stimulate those that are interested to put an idea to Neil Doncaster what does it matter. What really matters is that the club may need the supporters to ride to the rescue or shall we just sit back and blame anyone and everyone who we believe are to blame where will it get us the supporter. I think that many enjoy the drama but it is destructive and does not help. Of course there wont be 23,000 people prepared or able to put money in but maybe we could raise funds from interested parties not just supporters.

What does it matter as long as the club survives and we are able to improve our prospects. The supporters have to become one again and get rid of the lethargy and do something. I don''t have the total answer but I do think that if enough people wanted something like this to happen it very possibly could. 

It wasn''t a challenge aimed at you, it was at singing canary, but if you don''t want to be challenged or start a debate, why bother posting in the first place?

Obviously the club surviving is the most important factor, but I was merely picking apart your argument, and I think the club asking us to bail them out when Delia could either sell her shares at a cut price, or offer them up to the fans/investors for free would be a far more productive offer than paying off £18m debt. A debt like ours isn''t as bad as many make out, there are a lot of doom-mongerers on here who can think of nothing better than to influence peoples ideas and make them think we are on the brink of collapse.

Yes we need to find new investors, but sorry I don''t think this is the best way to do it.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="kevin brighton"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s really amusing ( and probably explains his low profile over the last 48 hours) is that he has complained to the mods about people abusing him! What a big tough boy he is.

[/quote]If that''s true, then thankfully I haven''t just pi$$ed myself for no good reason! Classic! [<:o)]

Good idea, I have thought it could work.

Even if you said half that amount the debt would be reduced to circa £9million. (Depending on where the figures come from).

If for example the debt was completely gone and back to zero (haha)

The amount that would be paid off every month/quarter is just going into a pot!

But as you say it''ll never happen!!

[quote user="singing canary"]

you could buy a good prem/championship player for 500k

5 million thats 10 players

[/quote]

You can''t buy 10 players with 5million. Yes you could get 1 good championship player for 500k but as soon as news gets around that Norwich have money, every player we look at the value goes up.

Kevin,

Whilst respecting the sentiments of your suggestion, I think most fans would see it as simply lining Delia''s pockets. By paying off the debt, the value of the club would rise by £18M to £34M, thereby making all of the shaerholders (of whom Delia is the largest at circa 60%) much wealthier. I personally would object to this as it has been the poor decision making of the Board that has got us in to this mess in the first place. This is akin to asking Woolworths customers to make a donation ebery time they enter the shop to keep it going, although I do recognise that there is more sentimental attachment to a football club than a more overtly commercial business. 

Furthrmore, the reduction in debt service payments would provide the Board with more financial firepower to spend even more on non-football developments such as the LSE land and the nulti-storey car park. Put simply, I would not Trust them to put anymore money in to the team. Hown many times have we heard Doomcaster or Munby declare that any transfer receipts would be ploughed straight back into the managers playing budget. Does anyone believe this to have been the case in reality?

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Kevin,

Whilst respecting the sentiments of your suggestion, I think most fans would see it as simply lining Delia''s pockets. By paying off the debt, the value of the club would rise by £18M to £34M, thereby making all of the shaerholders (of whom Delia is the largest at circa 60%) much wealthier. I personally would object to this as it has been the poor decision making of the Board that has got us in to this mess in the first place. This is akin to asking Woolworths customers to make a donation ebery time they enter the shop to keep it going, although I do recognise that there is more sentimental attachment to a football club than a more overtly commercial business. 

Furthrmore, the reduction in debt service payments would provide the Board with more financial firepower to spend even more on non-football developments such as the LSE land and the nulti-storey car park. Put simply, I would not Trust them to put anymore money in to the team. Hown many times have we heard Doomcaster or Munby declare that any transfer receipts would be ploughed straight back into the managers playing budget. Does anyone believe this to have been the case in reality?

[/quote]

I gues you are right! Lets do nothing but complain and mope take big doses of letargy and let the bad times roll on. 

Kevin,

I am just trying to give a honest opinion which I guess is what discussion boards are for. As I have said, I recognise the sentiment of what your post and would not want my post to be construed as a criticism of you, its just that reality is a little more complicated as I see it. Please dont confuse this scepticism with negativity or lethargy. If you follow some of my other posts on this board you will be able to see that there are ways of addressing our current position.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why the hell should he?  The current board of NCFC Plc. have had the money but just tied it up in non critical tangible fixed assets. They have not taken the prudent route of a major reduction in the clubs debts and they have not taken the ambitious route of putting the money in  the playing squad. Why on earth should anybody contribute to a fund for the benefit of the current board and boost the share price  of the shares of the major shareholders.

[quote user="kevin brighton"][quote user="Desert Fox"]

Kevin,

[/quote]

I gues you are right! Lets do nothing but complain and mope take big doses of letargy and let the bad times roll on. 

[/quote]

Desert Fox is right.